• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Choosing between Shaman or Druid for healing

omarion2322

I want to join the server, and I'm torn between choosing a Shaman or Druid.
I haven't played either of the classes in Vanilla, can anyone please explain to me how they are as healers? In addition, how much are they in demand and how are they to level?

Shamans get 3x the slots in 40 mans that druids do. Resto shamans are very dominant in 1.12 content due to chain heal bounces being smart (they auto target low hp people) and very mana efficient. Add on all the utility shamans bring (wf totem, tranquil air totem, mana spring, mana tide, reincarnate) and they are the most in demand horde healer.
Druids on the other hand get the least amount of slots for healers due to their heal over times not stacking which are their best heals. That means that only 1 druid gets to HoT the tank, and their regular heals are the slowest in the game so they get sniped by priests and shaman. Utility wise they are decent, with battle rez (only good when your raid screws up but with 40 people that isn't that rare) and innervate which is decent. The problem is Mana Tide + Mana spring outperforms innervate, and battle rez is only good when people screw up while windfury/tranquil air are always VERY good.

Leveling they are fairly equal, neither is very quick but both die rarely and do respectable damage.

I'll comment that don't let the raid slot availability scare you too much. While their are less slots for druids, there are also less druids in general. So it almost equals out.

Also, if you are interested in any PVP, people will love you to death to be a flag runner for them and should get you into a pre-made group pretty quickly. Respec cost are capped at 5, so shouldn't hold you back if you are into that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom