• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

City Protector

Lemenna

City Protector:never-implemented PvP rank that was announced by Blizzard.So why not Kronos be the first to do that?Would this be legal btw?:huh: (click for more information-HERE)

Like each rank has its own possitive feature,Protector rank can also provide some options (can you comment or suggest one?).Here are some of my thoughts about it >

Rank will last only one week as Blizzard planned and you have to be Standing-1 in order to achieve it.Being RankCP you can have only one of this options(suggestions):

• keep it simple,use its original idea
  • gives you small amount of gold
    lol.gif
  • no taxes for repair,fly master,services,respec...
  • gives a buff lasting whole week (buff or custom buff made for fun like this one HERE),it can be send via mailbox and has expire time + persist through death effect[CR]
  • allows you to transmog ( to make your blue pvp/epic pvp gear looks like the opposite faction's PVP gears) [/CR]
    wink.gif
    [CR]
    [/CR]
    [CR]
  • reward such as tabard,shirt...so you can prove you have been a protector once[/CR]
    tongue.gif
    [CR]
    [/CR]
    [CR]
  • allows to ride rare/custom mount for a week[/CR] [CR]
    [/CR]
    [CR]
  • allows to disable combat state/flag,like a protection in the open world but not in a battleground or world arenas[/CR]
    w00t.gif
    [CR]
    [/CR]
    [CR]
  • combination between some of above[/CR]

I found darkened points pretty absurd,considering the serious project:mounts,rewards,transmog and non combat options would fit in a bad fun server.

There might even be something like a tournament/battle/event between Protectors every week or month,season... (hardly possible since protectors can be same for a long time,because Standing-1 is unique for both factions).

I like a combination of 1 and 4

Last edited:
City Protector:never-implemented PvP rank that was announced by Blizzard.So why not Kronos be the first to do that?Would this be legal btw?:huh: (click for more information-here)

Like each rank has its own possitive feature,Protector rank can also provide some options (can you comment or suggest one?).Here are some of my thoughts about it >

Rank will last only one week as Blizzard planned and you have to be Standing-1 in order to achieve it.Being RankCP you can have only one of this options(suggestions):

• keep it simple,use its original idea
  • no taxes for repair,fly master,services,respec...
  • allows you to transmog ( to make your blue pvp/epic pvp gear looks like the opposite faction's PVP gears):wink:
  • gives a buff lasting whole week (not too Overpowered buff)
  • reward such as tabard,shirt...so you can prove you have been a protector once :tongue:
  • allows to ride rare/custom mount for a week
  • gives you small amount of gold:lol:
  • allows to disable combat state/flag,like a protection in the open world but not in a battleground or world arenas:w00t:
  • combination between some of above

There might even be something like a tournament/battle/event between Protectors every week or month,season... (hardly possible since protectors can be same for a long time,because Standing-1 is unique for both factions).

No.

I dont wanna be rude or anything but u just went full ****** man. Vanilla is vanilla. Dont dirt the holy playground.

I think it's a cool idea, but not now. First polishing the server, eliminating bugs.

Last edited:
I think Chero already told me on Kronos 2 that he won't implement City Protector. Maybe he'll change his mind :wink:

I dont wanna be rude or anything but u just went full ****** man. Vanilla is vanilla. Dont dirt the holy playground.

You are not rude while saying that,its your opinion on the subject like everyone has one.So I respect what you've said and I am thankful too,because thats why I made this thread for,to see other opinion.However you just state yours without giving us any arguments,so can you please tell exactly why you dont want it.If community doesnt want this to be implemented its OK,good and alright.

I think it's a cool idea, but not now. First polishing the server, eliminating bugs.

Of course,no one said that it has to be done before launch and what is more we have to see far more opinions.

I think Chero already told me on Kronos 2 that he won't implement City Protector. Maybe he'll change his mind
wink.gif

Only time will show,let him work on more important things now,the issues :smile:.

Last edited:
I would love to see this, but keeping the original idea: just the aditional hearthstone.

God I hate these kind of posts. Why no? If you cant discuss things and issues on a discussion forum then gtfo mate.

And "vanilla plus" could be even better. Saying vanilla is vanilla is just lame argument. Bad things are bad, like the vanilla class balance for example. There is a reason blizzard changed things (because they sucked) and there is a reason they did it with the launch of TBC instead of doing it midway through vanilla. But people are against any changes (even if they are good, well thought out ones with no downside) because they are stuck in shitty nostalgia that sucked to begin with. Dont get me wrong, I love vanilla content, difficulty, the raids, the dungeons, the quests, the rewards, and so many things about vanilla, but im all for some changes that can expand the game whilst not harming it. One good example here is the max respec cost of 10 gold. Thank you Kronos for this!

A protector rank would be awesome because it gives us a new way to play the game while not doing any harm to other areas of the game, people focusing on protecting their warchief/king and city from enemies should really be a thing. What I am against is any sort of impactfull reward for this (like some gear or whatever, transmog to look like enemy faction is a terrible idea imo), other than the title of course, which im all for.

But doesnt players already get discouraged from city invading because of dishonorable kills on NPC? Something should be done about that too. Defender title is nothing if the highly ranked pvpers dont want to invade.

I would also like if there was some kind of discouragement in place for ganking lowbies as well. Toxic pvp players corpsecamping enemies that just want to quest alone is "world pvp" at its absolute worst. It just ruins the game for many people, and lot of times this is a vicious circle where the ganked player takes revenge on some innocent lowbie once he reach higher levels. (World pvp can be awesome if done right, in massive scale and/or on somewhat equal levels against each other).

It's all an interesting topic. Doesnt hurt to keep a civil discussion about it.

Also...

This! ^

Care to elaborate on that? If you are referring to this threads idea about City defender title, how is that a bad idea? To me it just seems to add another element to the game while not having any downside to it at all.

Care to elaborate on that? If you are referring to this threads idea about City defender title, how is that a bad idea? To me it just seems to add another element to the game while not having any downside to it at all.

don't worry, i wasn't. but i am now: i don't see the point adding things that weren't actually implemented in vanilla. thats not the game we all played and i don't understand anyone that claims to want these things.

You dont understand people wanting an even better game? Vanilla werent perfect, making some improvements that doesnt hurt the game in any way is only positive. This idea only expand the ways the game can be played, it deepens the game so to speak.
Were you also against the 10 gold cap on respec too? That wasnt very "blizzlike" either you know, but a damn good thing nontheless. So is a title that give incentive to defend your city and promote pvp and variety, just like the 10 gold cap does! Basically the same thing to me :yes:

City protector would be a really cool feature, It would be the "scarab lord" of PvP since only one person per race could own the title.

I do agree that chero and the other devs shouldn't focus on anything more than fixing bugs and promoting the server at the moment though.

Top Bottom