• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Clarifications regarding new safespotting rules?

NotSachi

Authorized
Hej,

saw this nice announcement:
Dear Players,

as of Monday 20th March, we will not longer condone the use of "safe spotting" during battlegrounds. This includes all areas even ones that all classes and races can get to. This is to create a more fair environment

problem is that this is incredibly vague... what qualifies something as the use of safe spotting? Is there any list of spots you have in mind that you refer to with this rule? Especially when you say "even the ones anyone can get to", make it really ambiguous.

Some short list off top of my head that I am wondering about:

- going on top of small stump in mid
- big stump
-broken wagon on horde side in mid
-jumps like horde tunnel jump, horde gy jump, ally gy jump, thru ally fence, etc...
-on top of horde fence
-1st floor of aly tun roof
etc etc

Here are a few ways I think you can clarify safe spotting

Could the character get to that location through normal movement and action? Carefully jumping up a wall using the fact that computer coding doesn't make it a 100% flat wall is not normal movement and action.

Does using the ability to get to that location provide the player with an advantage over fellow players or to a location Blizzard clearly doesn't intend for players to be in (one gets ported out automatically or it's clearly not complete in design)?

Second one applies to mages using Blink, people using Noggenfogger and so on.

Could the character get to that location through normal movement and action? Carefully jumping up a wall using the fact that computer coding doesn't make it a 100% flat wall is not normal movement and action.
Just a thought: running is normal, jumping is normal, too. The rest is usually a repetative combination of those actions, which after certain point becomes illegal.

Does using the ability to get to that location provide the player with an advantage over fellow players or to a location Blizzard clearly doesn't intend for players to be in (one gets ported out automatically or it's clearly not complete in design)?

Second one applies to mages using Blink, people using Noggenfogger and so on.
In my opinion, this seems to be a good use of game mechanics more than the cheating. Using a slow fall to get to a hard-to-get place that will give you an advantage looks smart rather than bad.

In any way, if you have doubts about your actions, simply don't do it, and you'll be much more safer.

I also think the backdoor in Alterac Valley should be considered cheating, too, based on the rules above, since it's the same 'jump over and over on the wall' thing. I wonder if that's against the rules, although it's not a safe spot, but a sneaky way into the base.

for now just report everyone, and admins will decide who is safespoting and who not

As I see it, there is two different variations of safespotting: the game-breaking spots and the not-game-breaking spots. And with a little bit of common sense it should be fairly easy for anyone to tell the difference between those two variations. However for those of you who lack the ability to distinguish between what's game-breaking and what's not game-gamebreaking, try ask yourself these simple questions before you attempt to reach a safespot ingame:

1) Would this show good sportsmanship towards my opponent AND my team?
2) Would this be a fair thing to do against my opponent?
3) Would anyone (race/class) be able to reach this safespot too?

I'm not a cop, but if your answer is 'no' to any of these questions or in doubt, then you probably shouldn't do it.

Now, before you go report someone for "abusing safespotting", please ask yourself the following questions:
1) Am I under the same circumstances as the person on the safespot?
2) Are there different ways to reach this safespot/person on that spot?
3) Would I be able to reach this safespot too?

If your answer is 'yes' to all of these questions, please calm yo tits.

A microscopic amount of common sense is needed when looking at these rules. Plain and simple: If you are in a location, that required you to use creative or unintended means to reach that location, you are probable safe spotting. Enforcement of this rule will be based on the intents and purposes of the safe spot. We currently have no intention on enforcing paths such as the Graveyards in WSG or Back doors in AV. These locations simply provide a "short cut" and still have fully accessible ways to reaching each location.

Each one of the locations you listed "NotSachi" where players would reach this location, with the primary purpose of preventing other players to get to that location, would be considered a safe spot. Tree Trunks, Wagons, the "Jonezy" spot, etc. are all examples of safe spots that will be enforced.

The primary purpose of this rule is to prevent a player(s) from unnecessarily delaying the game by hiding a flag, or any other exploitative use, by reach a safe spot.

Hope that answers your question.

A microscopic amount of common sense is needed when looking at these rules
:^)

because GM's have definitely shown a lot of that when judging PvP issues in the past

there's a reason i made this thread

I guess you guys don't really understand everything your own new rule could forbid, but if the main purpose of this rule is as you say:

to prevent a player(s) from unnecessarily delaying the game by hiding a flag, or any other exploitative use, by reach a safe spot.

then i guess we're good

thanks for clarifying

:^)

because GM's have definitely shown a lot of that when judging PvP issues in the past

there's a reason i made this thread

I guess you guys don't really understand everything your own new rule could forbid, but if the main purpose of this rule is as you say:

then i guess we're good

thanks for clarifying

I'm glad I could clarify, and sorry if I came off a bit facetious at the start.

A microscopic amount of common sense is needed when looking at these rules. Plain and simple: If you are in a location, that required you to use creative or unintended means to reach that location, you are probable safe spotting. Enforcement of this rule will be based on the intents and purposes of the safe spot. We currently have no intention on enforcing paths such as the Graveyards in WSG or Back doors in AV. These locations simply provide a "short cut" and still have fully accessible ways to reaching each location.

Each one of the locations you listed "NotSachi" where players would reach this location, with the primary purpose of preventing other players to get to that location, would be considered a safe spot. Tree Trunks, Wagons, the "Jonezy" spot, etc. are all examples of safe spots that will be enforced.

The primary purpose of this rule is to prevent a player(s) from unnecessarily delaying the game by hiding a flag, or any other exploitative use, by reach a safe spot.

Those little tree stumps in the middle of wsg are my only real friends on this server. If there is any humanity left in you, you will not deprive me of them.

Damn son. Now we actually have to play the game the way it was intended to be played. /s

[video=youtube;BfyXK4KwyYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyXK4KwyYA[/video]

Continue the discussion in the other thread.
Bazzil, but we dont see any discussion here. You just dont want answer simple questions.

Give us some official vision of administration about definition of the "safespoting". Or you do really going follow my instruction from post #4?

So mages cannot use slowfall to get onto roofs during AB? I'm a bit confused because Blizzard definitely designed that spell to be used so that Mages might be creative with it.

for now just report everyone, and admins will decide who is safespoting and who not

0pH1TdX.jpg

Top Bottom