• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Class Choice

cooper91

Hey, wanted to get some community feedback on the class I should play when Kronos II is back up. Here are some preferences I have:

Alliance
Good at World PvP, especially while leveling (my favorite part of the game)
Not a huge headache to level
Needed at 60 to raid

I'm flip flopping right now between Lock, Paladin, and Priest. Are paladins really as dull as everyone makes them out to be?

Thanks!

I played shadow priest almost exclusively in live vanilla. For grinding mobs you may encounter needing some downtime later on so that might slow you down a bit. Shadow priests are excellent duelists in vanilla, but rogues will still be your bane (druids will just run your mana down as well). Paladin I've never given much time into before getting bored.

Warlock however I always felt was the most underrated class in vanilla. Always under represented but a strong warlock player can destroy virtually anyone.

If I were you, i would rock warlock as they are really good imo, low population of them so no issues finding your way into raids since that's one of your requisites. As for priest at level 60 raiding most guilds will want you in holy/disc spec and there goes your open world pvp fun unless you constantly respec (unless you find a guild that wants you as their 1-2 allowed shadow priests like i did in live vanilla).

Yeah I'm leaning pretty heavily warlock. I like the idea of Paladins, but the more I research them they seem to be a drag at every stage of the process. Why are warlocks so underplayed on Kronos? It was the same on Nost...

I started as a shaman on kronos 1 and i had some fun got to level 33. The thing that i didn't like was that - i was leveling as enhancement and not feeling very strong...and i know elemental is useless till level 50 + and most groups in pve want the shaman to heal, so i had to carry a cloth set in my back pack when people wanted me to heal.

After that i re roll a hunter in kronos 2 because i didn't want to be a healer (i like healing but i also like doing damage) and i wanted the challenge of the hunter class's mechanics.

That is my experience so yea...

As for yours, i would say paladins are only good for healing at max level. Seems to be pve rule of thump. Priest are also only useful for healing, but if you luck out, maybe a guild would take you as a shadow priest to "energize" the party you're in.

Warlock is really awesome, but it is boring to play dots from 1-40 i think destro doesn't get good until level 40 and demonology tree seems more like a "utility" tree to branch on the side not as a main spec. I think destro is really awesome. But cant use it efficiently until higher levels. I think dots are ok...but "me" personally i find dots kind of boring.

These are just my opinions, not truths. So take them as you wish.

Yeah, I think the biggest appeal for me is the ability to easily dispatch horde so it might be a warlock afterall - although WotF might be a problem.

Hey, wanted to get some community feedback on the class I should play when Kronos II is back up. Here are some preferences I have:

Alliance
Good at World PvP, especially while leveling (my favorite part of the game)
Not a huge headache to level
Needed at 60 to raid

I'm flip flopping right now between Lock, Paladin, and Priest. Are paladins really as dull as everyone makes them out to be?

Thanks!

Suggestion: Human Paladin.

Human: gives you greater stealth detect buff vs rogues, increased skill with 2 handed sword & maces and 10% increased reputation which overall helps you in pvp, pve and the rep ensures you gotta spend 10% less time farming rep.

Paladin: Primarily you get the healer role in raids however as a paladin you can with gear also become DPS or Tank without too much judgement and in pvp your shields are gonna be a real pain for the opponent as you are immortal during.

Yes, but my understanding is that in Wpvp, paladins either get outrun or can't do enough damage to make a dent. And in raids would they allow a Paladin to DPS? Seems farfetched.

in vanilla warlocks is the best class in my oppinion .. is very powerfull on lvling and on pvp at any lvl ... they can farm in areas stronger than theyr lvl like 2-3 lvl stroger mobs cause of theyr stroger pets... they have the powerfull fear 8-10 seconds and this make them almost undefeated in low lvl world pvps especialy without trinket . they can summon ppl .. they have healthsones and soul stones they have heal of mana and hp. so they have all the pacage !

hunters also are good in lvling especialy beastmaster .. very ez farm .. but they are very weak in pvp in low lvls..

i have frost mage btw :)

Yes, but my understanding is that in Wpvp, paladins either get outrun or can't do enough damage to make a dent. And in raids would they allow a Paladin to DPS? Seems farfetched.

Even if I was a totally new player that statement would really not be believable by sheer common sense good sir, how would anyone be driven to play the paladin if that was the real reality of the game.

"farfetched" Well yes, if you downplay somebodys ability and make it sound like they are almost a complete mongoloid then yes, naturally, it will sound like somebody is farfetched from the performance needed, when in reality the statements against somebody is the actual wildly farfetched thing

I think it is weird that people have to sit down and explain why paladins are worthy and how defense is useful in a fighting..... a fighting game wher you avoid dying, try to kill, and not to die oneself. If your character can not pump out top damage your faith in its might is stillborn instantly?

Why does a skillfull paladin even with worse gear very very often win over a strong warrior in 1vs1 arms or prot vs ret or prot? The warrior got more damage, he got more aggressive buffs. Hmmmm, can you figure it out for yourself?

Paladins got a much stronger defense because he can heal himself, that wins it every time, why? Defense is immensly powerful, wait a minute and let us observe, the longer a fight of aggressive fighter vs defensive fighter lasts, the more the defensive one wins, aggression is explosive and awe inspiring and flashyyy but burns out fast, do not get distracted by the flash, stick to the solid basic wisdom of defense, over time defensive fighter wins and still stands and taunt you "Come at me, try to break me"

Paladins is the most unique class because its strength lies in defense, even if most people play the Paladin as a attacking force.

Focus on outlasting and not outbursting, let your decent dmg hits creep up on the wild aggressive-focused "barbarians", he can not take it but you can

Last edited:
Paladins in solo world pvp without gear are quite hopeless. Classes like warlocks, hunters, priests, mages will try to outrun you and take you out from a distance or simply outlast you, draining all your mana reserves. If you gain the upper hand, you will get CCd and the enemy will try to refill. You will need engineering or PvP items to be able to prevent it.

Paladins are outstanding with a partner. Supporting is their strongest trait. You can deal reasonable damage while being able to heal, dispel and prevent slowing down.

Top Bottom