• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Class Decision

Gnomorepuns

Gents,

I would like some quick help in deciding a class to play. Only got a small sample size in vanilla and never figured out a class that I wanted to main until BC dropped. I have mained mage ever since. I also plan on rolling horde for mainly PVE reasons.

I am torn between priest, shaman, and of course mage. I have mained mage since BC and continue to currently as I raid on retail (though I may go casual due to the poorness of the handout that is modern day wow. Neither here nor there). I played a lot of shaman (resto) in the first part of wrath and priest in MoP.

I like mage a lot and am most familiar with it, though I am really open to trying something else going into this, which I am very excited about. Mainly I am not sure which to pick, and I want to try potentially avoid playing a class that has a real over-abundance on the server.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to seeing you all in the game! :)

Priest. You will ALWAYS been in demand. Seriously, people will be messaging you all day to run dungeons with them.

Priest. You will ALWAYS been in demand. Seriously, people will be messaging you all day to run dungeons with them.

A question I have in reply to that then is what spec would it be good to run and level with being I'd imagine your referencing as primarily a healer.

Shadow is obviously the fastest lvling spec. And even with that spec you'll be able to heal dungeons just fine, at least while lvling. Perhaps not end game stuff.

That does sound a little sketchy, but understandable being how close some of these specs may be when leveling and the rarity of getting good gear whilst leveling. I appreciate the info. Any more opinions much appreciated!

shadow for leveling. But be sure to stack up on healing gear...as you will be expected to heal in 5 mans. I will be leveling an alt shaman with ench talents...however I pretty much never dps in dungeons unless we get a full fledged healer

shadow for leveling. But be sure to stack up on healing gear...as you will be expected to heal in 5 mans. I will be leveling an alt shaman with ench talents...however I pretty much never dps in dungeons unless we get a full fledged healer

That makes sense. I'm going to look more into detail, but is disc or holy the better spec as far as healing goes? This is in terms of when I max out at 60 and would become a full time healer rather than shadow because lolshadow unless you are the only that a 40man would need.

Holy has more raw healing output than Disc does, but disc is a little more utilitarian as far as what it brings to the table.*

*This is assuming a 21/30/0 holy build vs. a 31/20/0 or therabouts Disc build. I can't speak to any hybrid builds that may or may not exist.

Could anyone comment on Shaman vs Priest for overall PvE and PvP? I'm deciding between the two.

Imo, priest has 2 viable PVE specs, while shaman has 1. For PVP you can go any spec as priest or weird hybrid specs, many options. Shaman has elemental which is very good, enhancement is very RNG based and situational.

Again, this is my personal opinion, your mileage may vary.

I like wand/holy fire/shadow spec for low-mid levs more...then later respec shadow..maby...the fact is that exept the shadowform u dont get alot of dmg increase from the shadow tree....and constant casting will force u to drink over and over while wand/dot spec have close to zero downtime

Top Bottom