• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Combat Table Calculator

nare

Authorized
I have created a combat table calculator that shows specific results for chances to hit, crit, glance etc. for both white and yellow hits versus mobs. It takes into account level difference, bonus weapon skill, all the usual suspects, but should only really be valid for warriors and rogues, since other classes have different values for glancing strikes. I have also looked into glancings on Kronos and made the sheet to fit the situation right here on our server, which is - to my knowledge - pretty unique among vanilla servers.

Link here.

I felt the need to create this because every single calculator that I have seen was either slightly or wildly inaccurate, so this is me taking a shot at it. If you can spot a mistake, please make it known.

Your table assumes the following:

-weapon skill affects crit chance (0,04 per skill). It makes sense , but I would like to know if you have some kind of source that confirms it.
-first 5 weapon skill gives 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 1.6 and 2.0 hit. I believe this to be incorrect, as first 4 points seem to only give 0.2% per point, and then it jumps to 2.0% at 5 points. I have seen a chero quote from discord somewhere backing this up. It's pretty weird but seems to hold true.

Following your comments, I did specific tests on the PTR to check your comments.

1) For 304 skill, miss chance is 6,2% which is 0,8% less than for 300 skill. It seems that what you say is very accurate and +hit from weapon skill has a huge jump from 4 to 5 skill. I think I even remember Chero saying that, but I couldn't believe that was actually how they made it work. Will fix that in the sheet. It is noteworthy that this does NOT change anything for 300 skill or 305 skill and higher.

2) To see whether weapon skill affects crit chance, I conducted two tests with 10k hits each, one with 304 skill and one with 313 skill. The results are fairly strange:

• 304 skill and 313 skill have virtually identical dodge and parry chances at roughly 5,0%, while 300 skill has been shown to have 5,6% over 20k hits before.
  • For 304 skill crit was 0,42% lower than I expected and 0,86% lower than spellbook crit.
  • For 313 skill crit was 0,37% lower than I expected and 0,45% lower than spellbook crit.

I don't really know what to make of this, especially when the combat tables on Kronos are being questioned in general over on the bugtracker. There is code in stock mangos that shows the dodge and parry values that I use in my sheet (don't have the links to the git handy right now, though), but then again what the tests seem to show right now is "5,6% dodge for 300 skill and flat 5% for anything higher than 300" which is certainly possible considering what they are doing with misses, but it doesn't sound right.

Also, thank you for your input.

This is the Kronos formula for miss chance:

[00:14] [Chero]: if (pVictim->IsPlayer())
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.04f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else if (iSkillDiff < -10)
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.2f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.1f;

With 304 wepskill, base miss chance with dual wield would be 26,2%. Your spreadsheet gives 25,4%, which seems to be wrong.

I believe that weaponskill doesn't grant 0,04% crit chance per wepskill properly. I have made a bugreport on this issue here:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=10340

Last edited:
This is the Kronos formula for miss chance:

[00:14] [Chero]: if (pVictim->IsPlayer())
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.04f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else if (iSkillDiff < -10)
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.2f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.1f;

With 304 wepskill, base miss chance with dual wield would be 25,1%. Your spreadsheet gives 25,4%, which seems to be wrong.

How do you arrive at 25,1%? The formula above [if (iSkillDiff < -10) fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.2f;] gives:
95 - 11 * 0.2 = 92.8 (for 2 hand), 92.8 - 19% = 73.8 (for dual wield), so miss chance should be 26.2%.

Top Bottom