• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Community activity, marketing and deadlines

Teodice

Hey,

I will probably not be playing at Kronos since I´ve had my share of Vanilla gaming on other servers. I like what I´m seeing so therefor I thought to drop you some tips of how to handle your server.

Community:
Your server is alive thanks to your community, nothing more nothing less. Make highlights from past weeks of guilds cleaning dungeons, active community staff that´s willing to do "shit" work to connect with your gamers. Make your own world of your server so people won´t leave when there´s nothing more to raid after 3 months before AQrelease.

Marketing:
I´ve seen this so many times that servers starts off well with active facebook and youtube videos. Make it routine for you guys. Content is king, simple as that. Every day one single facebook entry regarding update, issue, progress whatver. You guys found a sweet PvP movie that a player made bring it up for people to see.
Be on all the social medias and some forums as well where you are allowed to post without getting banned. There is nothing more important than the first impression of a server. If the facebook, website or anything is old... Then you´ve lost a potential player.

Deadlines:
Be honest, period. All these times we´ve heard about AQ release, hyjal or whatever. It never arrives to said date/period. Will it take 6 months for you to sort AQ out at a maximum, well then it has to take 6 months. Once again, your players and community is everthing you have. People starts to loose faith in your once promised quality? Then you´re in a bad spot.

If you want help with ideas for Twitter, Facebook or general marketing of your server. PM me if I can be of any help.

Best of luck!

Good thread Teodice.

I think every little bit of information is useful, and ofcourse we all want the server to be and STAY alive.
So being active and interactive is a very important part of it for the people in charge.

This guy is so accurate in what he's saying.

Spreading your "word" is everything, use the social network tools religiously on a daily basis, look alive even if you aren't. It's pointless to be the best thing since sliced bread if nobody knows you exist, if your website or facebook looks old or unprofessional. Make sure yo use the proper image template sizes for these social websites, get sharp, crisp images and customize them to fit your purpose (logos, text, characters). You need to look slick and professional.

Use the community you have as a tool, not just as the "thing that keeps you alive and you need more of", use their videos, achievements, kills, guides, articles, to boast the server on facebook and twitter. Keep the webpage updated and alive, even if with things of little importance, nobody likes to visit a website that has it's last post 4 or 6 months ago; it means it's dead or dying.

Create events, create contests, create competitions, give prizes for the winners. Engage your own community and they will keep their interest up high.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help or suggestions, I've got plenty of forum mod experience since the 2000's.

Last edited:
Good thread. I've been trying to spread the word as best I can.

Also I think Kronos should start accepting donations for a marketing fund. I've got a few bucks in my paypal account I'd like to put to good use. :biggrin:

Good thread. I've been trying to spread the word as best I can.

Also I think Kronos should start accepting donations for a marketing fund. I've got a few bucks in my paypal account I'd like to put to good use. :biggrin:
Kronos.jpg

Back on topic:
The website, twitter, reddit and facebook page look very professional. Now it's our task to follow/like and subscribe to them to increase awareness.

You can also mess with the Google search algorithm by googling wow vanilla private server and then clicking kronos. This makes it rank higher in the search results.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for an epic pre-release video in youtube, which would be going viral between the fans and vanilla wow-interested people! :smile:

On Topic: As soon as the server is up and running there will be enough video material on youtube from raiding guilds and R14-Pwnzerz

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom