• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Community effort to boost population

Riplash

One thing we all want is a healthy population on Kronos. I thought maybe people could use this thread to recommend ideas to one another in order to make a community effort to boost the population on release.

This will be my first private server, but from what I’ve read, the main downfall of many servers is their poor population.

Obviously there’s the snowball effect: one person finds out about Kronos, they tell their friends, they then tell their friends etc.

But how can we call do our part to help this happen? Any ideas?

People should try and remember to vote every day if possible :) Especially in the beginning while we aren't too many, it's important. I usually also recommend the server, by writing a fairly long thread about why people should consider joining it, without sounding too greedy or talking bad about other servers. I usually do this on 1-2 gaming forums like http://www.ac-web.org/ which I was active on for a couple of years, or www.hardwareonline.dk which is a danish site for gamers in general.

Last edited:
The main downfall for me was that the other servers I've tried were horrible. They had a pretty healthy population (ED and Lordaeron on Molten), but the bugs made them unbearable. If this server will be indeed BETTER than the competition, people will eventually come and STAY.

I think we can do shit to boost population, but I think the developers can do a lot. They should start giving beta access when they are ready to show that they are the best in the business. If people can do some videos of actual gameplay, that's 1000 times more effective than trying to hype using promises on forums...

The main downfall for me was that the other servers I've tried were horrible. They had a pretty healthy population (ED and Lordaeron on Molten), but the bugs made them unbearable. If this server will be indeed BETTER than the competition, people will eventually come and STAY.

I think we can do shit to boost population, but I think the developers can do a lot. They should start giving beta access when they are ready to show that they are the best in the business. If people can do some videos of actual gameplay, that's 1000 times more effective than trying to hype using promises on forums...

I don't find a beta necessary when we're so close to launch anyways. Rather keep it closed til it's as ready as possible. Only if the beta would be like a stress test or something, then I can see the purpose of it.

youtube videos telling people about the server is the best way to get more people, voting wont matter unless you get alot of votes

I don't find a beta necessary when we're so close to launch anyways. Rather keep it closed til it's as ready as possible. Only if the beta would be like a stress test or something, then I can see the purpose of it.

I don't think we are that close to launch. Not to a good launch for sure. I think "Coming Fall 2014" is impossible to achieve, it should just be replaced with "Coming Soon". Also no matter how many testers they have, letting people in will reveal a ton of extra bugs, and you don't really want to have tons of bugs on release, after marketing your product as "the best of the best of the best". That will only annoy people and make them rage and run away...

youtube videos telling people about the server is the best way to get more people, voting wont matter unless you get alot of votes

We'd still have to start somewhere. The devs are already doing videos on bug fixes, which I'm sure will help convince some people. It also seems like Dodgykebaab will do a review of the server which should help as well. I doubt that too many of our regular players will do videos to be honest.

- Stream when server is released.
- Open topics on gaming sites (if allowed, also do not post if you aren't active on this site anyways)
- If you are currently streaming anything -> put kronos url into description or w/e
- Raise awareness in youtube videos regarding vanilla wow (don't be too aggressive here though)

The best would be if you can manage to convince someone with a large audience (streamer, youtuber, re-known gamer w/e) to advertise Kronos.

There are other topics already that discuss this. There probably won't be any new points made here.

Shouldn't this be done after release? With streams and wall-of-texts explaining how things actually are. Not to mention having 500-1k players at starter zones is going to lag things out.

I reckon every raider on ED should know about Kronos by now. As many of us (if not all) are there in limbo until something better is released.

I have been pushing this server hard on The Rebirths reddit. However I think more than anything I get booed out by the fan boys. So I will be refraining from that crowd from now on.

Their community is good and bad.
Good cause they stay true.
Bad cause they are gullible beyond believe.

What do you expect from a crowd that ejaculates as soon as muggle just says "hi" in world chat?

PS: Don't hate, I'm just kidding guys.

Shouldn't this be done after release? With streams and wall-of-texts explaining how things actually are. Not to mention having 500-1k players at starter zones is going to lag things out.

I reckon every raider on ED should know about Kronos by now. As many of us (if not all) are there in limbo until something better is released.
500-1k players in starting zones? that would be glorious but i really doubt your going to see that much people

Top Bottom