• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Community management... Once again.

nimeralos

Authorized
After some good winter activity, the staff-community interaction system is weakening again. The post of big pain and truth is not outdated.

Namely, BG queue commands, cross faction donation mounts problem, release date on BWL is the important subjects which require an answer. Maybe bla-bla-answer - it should work for some time too. No answer for ages is the worst.

Also, AMA Kronos Staff and Technical helpdesk forum sections need a resurrection.

Chero & team are great in bugfixing and developing. But we need someone who is good in attracting people and dealing with their problems too. I believe you need (to look for) a Community Manager again.

...this is the first time we are actively trying to recruit a dedicated Community Manager.

As Community Manager we would like you to directly engage and interact with our current members and followers on all social media platforms as well as providing the occasional feedback on the Forums. As always, creativity and self-reliance are very important to us and previous experience is highly appreciated but not a necessary prerequisite.

TL;DR: advertise better!

Do you need a caretaker for every little thing you do on this forum or can you just sort things out by yourself?
Maybe, just maybe the staff does not reply cause there already was a reply somewhere else you are just not able to find it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you're in a bad mood today :)
Maybe, just maybe the staff does not reply cause there already was a reply somewhere else you are just not able to find it?
BG queue command. Not a single answer about is it going to be implemented or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cross faction mounts. Answer like "oh little fail was hoping no one notice" without any clear "won't ever be fixed": http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/94147-Vanity-Mounts-Pets?p=739142&viewfull=1#post739142. Nothing since then, despite community attention the problem got.

BWL. Least important atm IMHO, but it still deserves something better than "we will watch your progress closely" last said in January or something.

And I haven't said anything about little suggestions like http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/95539-Add-a-population-counter-on-the-main-web-page, which are usually ignored for a long time too.

Plus AMA abandoned for no reason. Plus little staff activity on Technical Helpdesk.

I mean, I'm a loyal player, I'm ever a fanboy of Kronos & proud. But I think such a things deserve more staff attention.
can you just sort things out by yourself?
More or less. Since I'm following the forum very closely... It'd be better if the answer is "yes ofc" for me and "more or less" for newcomers.

Last edited:
Well, I think you have to choose between fixing things and make the server better and chitchatting and AMA on forums. This is NOT Blizzard. There aren't 50 programmers that do the work while the lead designers jerk off on Twitter.

I would say that if they haven't said anything is because THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT. There are weekly updates, which are great. I'm more than happy with that.

As for the population on the front page, while I agree with that, it might make people run away if they see 500 people and they heard about that other server with 7000. Humans are like flies, they go to the bigger shit :wacko:

I'm pretty sure that they are discussion most of those things but since they have nothing to say about it... they just don't. If they decide something, we'll find out on the main page.

Well, I think you have to choose between fixing things and make the server better and chitchatting and AMA on forums.
But... It worked for some time... It supposed to be different people ofc. I don't wanna see Chero browsing forums everyday instead of bugfixing :)

I'm not whining, I just wish Kronos to be better in more aspects. That's important... For attracting new players mostly. Population is good atm, but I doubt anyone can say he won't like it to be 1.5-2 times bigger.

I'm pretty sure that they are discussion most of those things but since they have nothing to say about it... they just don't. If they decide something, we'll find out on the main page.
"Nothing to say at all" situations are rare. Clear "no, never", or more careful "no, not this year" is the answer too. For example, guards blindspotting decision was fast enough. But BG queues decision stays too long. Stop procrastinating, dear Kronos staff! :D

I agree with you Mosotti in general, but - better is better :)

Last edited:
Why would you like to hear generic bullshit like all the companies give, such as "we are definitely consider it", even though it means shit? I just watched a video about what Blizzard said about WoD and what they actually did, and this is Blizzard, the company that "never promises". Is the word "soon", better than nothing? Even though it actually means "soon or never, but frankly we have no fucking idea"?

Also giving release dates when you don't have one clearly in the sight is very bad. Look at CoreCraft and their horribly missed release date, people went berserk.

Why would you like to hear generic bullshit like all the companies give, such as "we are definitely consider it", even though it means shit?
Yeah, all the companies give it - so it means something, or else they won't do it :) It's the best approach to make people think they are important and be pleasant - to pay some random little attention to their needs. IMHO.

That's the first aspect. And the second aspect is - I'd be better to have a bit more real promises too. Team is not that big, but someone have to take some responsibility. At least say what you're waiting for, because the Angel will never fly down from the Skies with the right answer, there will always be some pros and cons!

I sound like an egoistic pig now, but - c'mon, it's not just for me, and all this things are not that difficult actually. Just an enthusiast who'll ask you (staff) and transfer your answers to people. Once again - the situation was good for some months, mainly because of filvorja, zarquon and Kronoez increased activity. Some guys lost their enthusiasm? Hire more.

P.S. Jeniczek coming here time to time is just great, thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Offtopic:
@Lharts how are you not banned yet ?

Ontopic:
@Mosotti
I think you have to choose between fixing things and make the server better and chitchatting and AMA on forums.
They can do both. The Devs/GMs don't code/test stuff 24/7. Before the Open Beta they were active in the AMA.

@Mimeralos I think the weekly updates are just what you wanted. Have patience. Patience is a virtue

Yeah, all the companies give it - so it means something, or else they won't do it
It means something FOR THEM. Blizzard created hype and they got a 3 million subscription increase at the start of WoD. They hyped the shit out of it. Now they just lost 3 million in 3 months, why? Because they were full of shit. Would you like them to promise flawless BWL in 2 months and give you a shitty BWL, because of the pressure of not missing the release date?

I'd be better to have a bit more real promises too
The problem with such small teams on such ambitious projects is that they either don't promise anything, or they give such small promises that people get disappointed. That's the real promises. If they promise the moon, you can't be sure it's bullshit. Sure that again, if they start lying, it might actually help them, it certainly did for "the other server", they ninja pulled most vanilla players :rolleyes2:

However I don't like to be lied just to get hyped and then think "meh, at least it's better than ED"

As for "staff", they can't say anything unless they get confirmation from Chero. Well, the mount part I suppose can be answered by someone else :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

The Devs/GMs don't code/test stuff 24/7.
But I'm pretty sure they have lives too. At least I hope they have. And GMs can't say shit about anything, they don't have the facts...

Some guys lost their enthusiasm? Hire more.
From what I can tell, that's one of those "easier said than done" things, and it is not only Vanilla-related issue. Take Cataclysm testers, for example. Since the Cataclysm expansion strated on TS, Wiranri (the head tester) has hired enough testers to form a football team (maybe even with substitutes...). Now he could barely play a doubles game of tennis.

It's just not that easy to find somebody, especially for that "ask and I will answer" position you are calling for, as I understand it. You need a dedicated and realiable person who is able to communicate with players smoothly and has enough spare time to watch the forum and keep answering the questions, which, of course, requires him/her to be completely involved in all the development stuff and literary everything around the server. All this with no reward. And even if you find somebody like this, his/her enthusiasm might not last long.

What I think (cannot tell for sure from my position) is that if anyone from the community wants to help, he will be welcome by Chero, whether it is testing, some "PR" position or whatever you think is needed and what you consider yourself a good candidate for. Writing an e-mail to him will cost you nothing. :smile:

@Lharts how are you not banned yet ?
Cause I know how to tread on the border and not overstep it.

If I learned something from this board in the recent months its this:
> you post everything you got and people complain about the quality of the information
> you post only important updates and people complain about the quantity of the information

If I was a mod/gm/other staff I wouldn't put up with this for long.
Noone hold you back from doing some community work yourself. Thats actually the better sort of community work. Guess what kept feenix forum alive for severals years. Surely not the mods, but the players.
You want advertisement? Go ahead and advertise.

I think the weekly updates are just what you wanted. Have patience. Patience is a virtue
Yeah, that's great. I hope this updates won't stop after several weeks as they stop sometimes.
Would you like them to promise flawless BWL in 2 months and give you a shitty BWL, because of the pressure of not missing the release date?
But... I was sure BWL is already in a great shape since the previous Kronos...

I was mostly talking not about this kind of promises, but about... policy promises. Are you going to implement BG queue? Are there some technical difficulties? Or - "no, it's not Blizzlike and we think it'd be a turn off for people right now"? Are you going to fix a "bug" with cross-faction mounts, or "it's intended"?
From what I can tell, that's one of those "easier said than done" things...
It's just not that easy to find somebody, especially for that "ask and I will answer" position you are calling for, as I understand it. You need a dedicated and realiable person who is able to communicate with players smoothly and has enough spare time to watch the forum and keep answering the questions, which, of course, requires him/her to be completely involved in all the development stuff and literary everything around the server. All this with no reward. And even if you find somebody like this, his/her enthusiasm might not last long.

What I think (cannot tell for sure from my position) is that if anyone from the community wants to help, he will be welcome by Chero, whether it is testing, some "PR" position or whatever you think is needed and what you consider yourself a good candidate for. Writing an e-mail to him will cost you nothing. :smile:
Thanks for the answer Holaver. Of course it's not easy, but I think it should be announced that such a guys are still in demand. Or maybe not, and the staff opinion is - everything is going quite well? That'd be the question for a Community Manager as well xD

I'd wrote, but I don't think I'm good enough atm. I'm just a forum stalker with an Ideas, and I usually run from any kind of work and responsibility :D But I'll think about.

*To the spectators* And you?
Noone hold you back from doing some community work yourself. Thats actually the better sort of community work. Guess what kept feenix forum alive for severals years. Surely not the mods, but the players.
You want advertisement? Go ahead and advertise.
Personally I do my best, almost from the very first moment we've met :D But if someone asks me about the cross-faction mounts or lowlvl PvP - I'm in the fog immediately.

Last edited:
A dedicated community manager wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. It's a smart business move, and it draws in new consumers.

This.

And damn Bg command would be fucking awesome, it would fire start the pvp in all leveling brackets.

I nominate nimeralos!

Top Bottom