• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Compiling New FAQ/Rules Page

A.34. Using Sap on NPCs in raid instances and A.38. Resurrecting players with non-combat spells during a boss fight in a raid instance are very stupid rules,also A.36. Capturing BG flags or looting chests in "bubble". I have never seen that those things wree bannable on other servers. Also many other things from A20-A38.

I will play with horde and i hate paladins but still bubble is paladin spell and it is wrong to be forbidden. It is like you ban every class for using some spell that gives them advantage.

Stuff won't happen anyway, because it is server-side protected.
Pally looting the flag in Bubble does nothing, NPCs in raids give immune msg and every player in a raid instance enters combat during a boss fight.

It is in the rules, because 1) some people don't even know about it 2) some servers do not have this corrected and 3) some people do not delete Cache files, thus the possibility of breaking a properly working mechanic.

Capping I understand cause it should drop the flag, but should bubble really prevent you from looting/using stuff (objects)? Is there any proof of that?

It does not prevent you from doing that, however PvP objects are set to ignore your action when you try to loot while immune. Solid Chests for example cannot be looted in combat, so you can loot them while bubbled, but you if you aggro a nearby guy, you will get an error msg.

PS: Please also understand that those rules were made for all Twinstar servers and were updated from the past versions, so even if nowadays you cannot abuse some of the described bugs, the bug may still be possible elsewhere. And even if it's fixed everywhere, only mentioning them still has the desired effect as seen in this topic :wink:

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that looting while under the effect of bubble is intended and should not be bannable? Cause the rules are pretty clear about that part.

These 'rules' are just lul.

How about all of these issues actually get fixed instead of throwing bans at people doing them. Or does that make too much sense.

Man, I just posted a link regarding win/honor trading four posts up with an official from Blizz saying it's not allowed.

Man, the link you posted refers to arena rating. if i remember correctly; and i like to think that i do, arena wasn't added until TBC. and i'm sure that the post blizzard made wasn't made until LATE TBC, or WOTLK.

really not trying to argue over this. but some of the stuff you say is just...

So what you're saying is that looting while under the effect of bubble is intended and should not be bannable? Cause the rules are pretty clear about that part.

Yes looting stuff in bubble is intended in some cases. Not all of them. And that's why the rule is there. If you find out you can loot something you should not be able to loot, you have to report it.

These 'rules' are just lul.

How about all of these issues actually get fixed instead of throwing bans at people doing them. Or does that make too much sense.

You are also "lul". If you read my response, you would know that the issues are already fixed.

Why does the rule exist, you might ask? When you keep messing with the code, new bugs might appear. If people discover a new bug, the rules are in place to prevent abusing that newly discovered bug. That's why you have to report bugs you find.

Man, the link you posted refers to arena rating. if i remember correctly; and i like to think that i do, arena wasn't added until TBC. and i'm sure that the post blizzard made wasn't made until LATE TBC, or WOTLK.

Your doing it with friendly people on retail servers does not change the fact that it is forbidden here.

Re: Compiling New FAQ/Rules Page (2nd Revision)

Yes looting stuff in bubble is intended in some cases. Not all of them. And that's why the rule is there. If you find out you can loot something you should not be able to loot, you have to report it.

A.36. Capturing BG flags or looting chests in "bubble". It is forbidden to loot any chest while under the effect of a paladin’s Divine Shield.

You say it should be allowed most of the time, the rules say it's universally forbidden.

WTB clarification.

Exactly.
PS: Hagson, I'm assuming you want to play a paladin, thus you are interested in this rule. Can you give me an example, where you would require the use of Divine Shield to loot a chest?

Last edited:

Win Trading is against the rules so I'd assume that counts for Honor Trading which as far as I see it is the same thing, think about it, you get stuck in a game with a bunch of people who want to purposefully lose to the other team so they get more points. That's just plain unfair, just because it says ARENA doesn't mean it won't affect other areas. Just a little common sense.

I'm not trying to be rude to anyone but Win Trading and Honor Trading is UNFAIR, why would anyone want that anyway? Earn your points legitimately, could you imagine if it were that easy with raiding or dungeons and mobs just let you win. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure to add the realmlist to the faq.
I originally intended to but instead I posted a link to Realm connection guide on the main TwinStar web portal.

Win Trading is against the rules so I'd assume that counts for Honor Trading which as far as I see it is the same thing, think about it, you get stuck in a game with a bunch of people who want to purposefully lose to the other team so they get more points. That's just plain unfair, just because it says ARENA doesn't mean it won't affect other areas. Just a little common sense.

I'm not trying to be rude to anyone but Win Trading and Honor Trading is UNFAIR, why would anyone want that anyway? Earn your points legitimately, could you imagine if it were that easy with raiding or dungeons and mobs just let you win.

It was only possible by doing premades. if you had read my post you'd have understood that. we were on ventrilo with the horde. it was an organized thing. nobody ran around complaining about the fact we had to stop at 1800pts. oh well.

I do understand Xadas, but this is a much smaller community so the impact of your Honor Trading would be felt by those trying to gain honor legitimately don't you think? I don't understand why you think it's an honorable thing to do. Other players would be winning and losing for their points whereas you and whatever group you were running with would be getting something for nothing. Earn it as intended, is it really that upsetting that you can't trade wins? :lol:

Obviously when Blizz made the game, that kind of thing was NOT INTENDED. I'm sure I could find a ruling somewhere that states it's illegal but it doesn't matter because it definitely is here.

PvP is built to be competitive, you should not get points at all if you have or want to organize honor point trading with the other faction and so it is.

the whole post was hypothetical. you kept going on about how its against blizzards rules, and i only went on with the conversation to stand my ground against your false statements. its blizzlike, we did it, and nobody ever got banned/suspended/honor wiped etc. there were a ton of things "Blizzard might not have intended", but they happened anyways. vanilla was a whole new experience for everyone, not only the players; but also the developers and game masters.
i was merely musing at the fact that everyone wants it to be "vanilla blizzlike" when vanilla obv. had some major flaws.

the fact that you want to start insulting my personal character, saying that "I find it honorable to illegitimately grind honor, etc" only shows me that you don't fully understand where i was going, and want to attack me as a person by saying that i don't want to play the game fair.

Exactly.
PS: Hagson, I'm assuming you want to play a paladin, thus you are interested in this rule. Can you give me an example, where you would require the use of Divine Shield to loot a chest?

I'm interested in this rule because it seems stupid/unclear.

Here's an example;
I am in EPL next to a chest and spy a horde running towards me. I preemtively bubble and open the chest, thus allowing me to browse it without getting stabbed in the back.

These rules are something like 'general' rules for every server here, at Twinstar. If you read carefully, you will see that there is a lot of content mentioned from WotLK/Cata.

Regarding Paladin Bubble: Now it works this way, if you attempt to loot a chest or capture a flag, you will get a red error message: Can't do it while invulnerable or something like that.

Saying that fix it rather than banning is reasonable, and we are trying to get rid of as any bugs as possible. I would say that something like 90% of the rules are no longer valid.

Kronos will have it's own, updated set of rules.

I'm interested in this rule because it seems stupid/unclear.

Here's an example;
I am in EPL next to a chest and spy a horde running towards me. I preemtively bubble and open the chest, thus allowing me to browse it without getting stabbed in the back.

Well congratulations, you just wasted your bubble :biggrin: If the horde attacks you, you enter combat and opening of the chest will stop with error msg "Can't do that while in combat"

Well congratulations, you just wasted your bubble :biggrin: If the horde attacks you, you enter combat and opening of the chest will stop with error msg "Can't do that while in combat"

Not if I'm already browsing the contents, no?

Actually I don't know. I never got ambushed while browsing chest loot contents, my chest looting is always Shift+click :wink:
AFAIK the loot window already open will close if you get CCed, so a bubble might prevent that, but again, haven't tried.

Actually I don't know. I never got ambushed while browsing chest loot contents, my chest looting is always Shift+click
wink.gif

AFAIK the loot window already open will close if you get CCed, so a bubble might prevent that, but again, haven't tried.

Seems a bit strange to blanket ban looting in bubble then :smile:

So I got a hold of a Blizz rep and Win-Trading in BG's is illegal!
He referred me to this forum post after saying:
"Hiya!

Game Master Kloeni here! =D I hope all is well.

I have your ticket about win trading. Keep in mind that the battlegrounds are designed to be a battle between both sides and in keeping with fairness to all players and intention of that design, win trading is definitely frowned upon. In some cases, action has been taken.

You can see more on what actions been taken and our stance on it in this thread here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709862647?page=2#27

If you need any further help with this issue just reply to this ticket. This will get your petition back to us quicker and we can take another look.

Thanks again and take care! (>'-')> <('-'<) ^('-')^ v('-')v <('-'<) ^( )^ (>'-')> ^(^-^)>"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709862647?page=2#27

Seems a bit strange to blanket ban looting in bubble then :smile:

I couldn't care less if it's strange :rolleyes2: the rule prevented previous abusing, it does not hurt anybody in the present, no reason to remove it.

(in reaction to win-trading GM response)
That wasn't posted in vanilla though

Same thing. Read up.

Top Bottom