• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Couple of questions from an old Vanilla hero

Dreamhack

Hello!

I've been playing on Vanilla servers now for about 4 years, and seen servers that are a big "hype" going not so good with the population and then die out, here are some questions :)

1. How many players can Kronos server handle? ED got about 800 players on peak hour, and then down to stable 600.

2. I get that your scripts are way better, but will that be enough to get people to join? i fear that the "follow the pack" thing and people wont leave feenix until you can show that Kronos have over 1k players.

3. When Rebirth and Scriptscraft was released they also said that their scripts were way better... but both servers died out.. exactly what will make this a big hit?

4. please reconsider linking Horde and Ally AH :) will be alot more fun leveling up and getting my mats actually sold (compared to when ED was released)

5. Since we are talking Vanilla and the old vanilla players are not teens anymore.. can you please start the server BEFORE christmas?
many of us working class heros got time off from work during these times, it would be awesome :D

Rebirth was never really big so that doesn't count imo.
ScriptCraft did not die out, it got shut down. Thats a big difference.

1. 2k+
2. 1k should be cake
3. ^ see above
4. -
5. Server will be released when its ready.

2. I get that your scripts are way better, but will that be enough to get people to join? i fear that the "follow the pack" thing and people wont leave feenix until you can show that Kronos have over 1k players.

3. When Rebirth and Scriptscraft was released they also said that their scripts were way better... but both servers died out.. exactly what will make this a big hit?

Rebirth died due legal reasons by being hosted in north america. I never took scriptcraft seriously since it went on and offline so much and instant 48 didn't really appeal to me.

The more feenix development stalls the more people will want to play elsewhere. They can't even keep their servers up nowadays.

Kronos is doing a relaunch, this means it has an established community and has been gaining attention for a while. This means it is likely there will be a lot of players at launch. Most people don't want to start playing on a low pop server in case it doesn't grow bigger. If you start with more than 1k players people will keep joining without a doubt. You just need a kickstart.

ED and Al'akir is dead. If Kronos and Core Craft doesn't get a big hit, nothing will.
Btw, Rebirth and Scriptcraft was never a "Big Thing". ED was a "Big Thing" with over 1,5k players in 2012, when did Scriptcraft and Rebirth come out? 2012. Ofc none left ED then.
Also i'm very hyped my self for Kronos, me and my boys will be hosting a Guild soon, we're carrying 1 person to HWL before BWL comes. Do not worry Alliance, we won't GY camp you.. much :yes:
Also for all the Horde players.. http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm get there quickly ;) <--(a guide to the most effective leveling for Horde)

People always get hyped when a new vanilla server opens, most ppl that know this server will play here just because its new.

Now the job is to keep them here, and thats depending ob devs keep updating and releasing content when needed.

Looking at all the videos we will have a big playerbase when the server starts, depending on bugs / scripts players will stay.

Last Kronos start it was 500+ online in first few minutes after launch, + it was workday and late enough. But next day it was 300. I think this time we will see 700-800 at start, but doubt we will reach 1k players. And next days even less.
Bugless / good scripts only scaring half of players. Just imagine, guy who leveled in 4hours on feen*x playing with 1 finger, came to kronos, and unable to kill humanoid because he fleeing. He sayd "f*ck this :angry:" and returning to hes rogue:lol: Thats why kronos will never have so much players. Hardcore classic not for all:cool2:
But hope we will have active, stable and patient basic community, and maybe oneday we will reach 1k :biggrin:

if we reach 800-1k stable core player's will be very nice( i belive we can do it : ) )

Last Kronos start it was 500+ online in first few minutes after launch, + it was workday and late enough. But next day it was 300. I think this time we will see 700-800 at start, but doubt we will reach 1k players. And next days even less.
Bugless / good scripts only scaring half of players. Just imagine, guy who leveled in 4hours on feen*x playing with 1 finger, came to kronos, and unable to kill humanoid because he fleeing. He sayd "f*ck this :angry:" and returning to hes rogue:lol: Thats why kronos will never have so much players. Hardcore classic not for all:cool2:
But hope we will have active, stable and patient basic community, and maybe oneday we will reach 1k :biggrin:

Last launch it was about 300+ at start and it stayed like this for a few months. After that is started to drop down quickly. Judging from the activity here and social media 1k+ should be fairly easy.

If players were willing to level 1x rate on ED then they sure will be willing to level here. Otherwise I will lose all of my remaining faith in the vanilla community.

If players were willing to level 1x rate on ED then they sure will be willing to level here. Otherwise I will lose all of my remaining faith in the vanilla community.

That's the thing. 1x leveling rates. Recently I leveled a warlock to 60 on ED, and I already leveled a priest to 60 half a year before that (but I quit there a week after I dinged 60 cause of the massive disconnects and ddoses). It takes a while. Now I am all hyped for Kronos, but the thought about leveling again makes my skin crawl. It would've been awesome if they decided to make dungeons or quests 2x/3x XP-rated. This would also generate a "closer community" as more people will play together, doing more dungeons.

Just my 2 cents.

Leveling is a funny thing in Vanilla WoW. When I'm at it, I want to reach max level as soon as possible to start gearing and going dungeons.

But when I think about the game while I'm not playing it, leveling is the best thing in the game. Strange thing.

^ This.
While leveling you just want it to be over already. And I too am not really looking forward to the leveling... until you have a good think about the beauty of the game.

The world is such a beautiful place and leveling really does give you a real feeling of the massive place we call home. You get to spend time in many zones, and that feeling of getting stronger each level still makes you know you get all giddy counting down the bars till next ding!

This experience repeats over and over till 60. Leveling really does serve a great purpose still, even if we have done it many many times <3
WoW is a feeling..

Let me preface by saying that I don't like leveling, to me it's a very boring part of the game plus I've already leveled 4 vanilla characters on Rebirth, so that's why I didn't like the fact that Kronos is going to be 1xp rate.

But one thing has me very excited, it's the fact that because it's release everyone is going to be leveling, for me, that's great. There's going to be tons of people looking and grouping for group quests, dungeons, there's going to be WORLD PVP EVERYWHERE! So even though I don't like leveling I think it's going to be a great experience because of that.

i dont see leveling

i see
... tons of people looking and grouping for group quests, dungeons,...

im trying paladin on ED now, and going instances as DeM, SFK, (paladins quest Test of Righteousness) is fine, i enjoy it

i dont like quest aka kill 10mobs, gather 5 leathers etc. - usually i dont make this kind of quest, if reward isnt usefull for me

so i dont care if kronos will launched with 1x or 3x XP rates

my opinion is that at launch kronos will have over 1k during first hours/days
it will depends only on protection of server against ddos and active presence of game developers, game masters, admins etc.
if kronos passes through it succesfully maybe will be hardware force to the wall by quantity of players :guvnodest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5peFdOlGm8

Last edited:
The excalibur wow server allows players to change their xp rates from 1x or 2x in game, why not do the same thing here? Truth be told, x2 would fix the xp gap caused by a lack of quest in certain zones from vanilla and make it less grindy.

If you go through all zones intended for you, you will always have quests to do. If you skip half of them obviously you have to grind much more.

Some people fail to see the fun in running arround 45 minutes just to find a single quest suited for your level.

EDIT: Seems like the sarcasm didn't come through properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom