• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Cracking down on RMT

Nellag

Apollo & Kronos Developer
The Kronos Team has decided that a new rule is to be put into place.

From this point forward anyone caught buying gold will be permanently banned on all accounts with no chance to appeal. Players contributing to the gold sellers are just giving them reasons to spam our servers chats.

This is to be put into place immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to add the following.
Gold sellers will constantly try to convince you that they have your security as their number 1 priority when buying gold (so you don't get caught). For the sake of your account please do not listen to them. They're only worried about their security and the "work arounds" they use are their best attempts to hide their accounts from being associated with gold selling (doesn't work). This just makes a giant bullseye on your account. So please, if you care about your investment of time you've put into your accounts don't let yourself get fooled by them. We are no longer showing any leniency to the buyer. No exceptions.

Might want to add "Selling" to that as well :)

Selling goes without question. We have always shown no mercy to sellers, it was only buyers we have shown some leniency in working with them. But now Buyers are in the same category as sellers.

I gave/give/will give gold, large amount, to guildmate. Do I risk something?
Because in theory, you can't know i did'nt get paid via paypal.

When in doubt, just give all your gold to me. I'll take care of it.

What if an account gets cracked to sell/buy gold?

From this point forward anyone caught buying gold will be permanently banned on all accounts with no chance to appeal.
This sounds like you plan to ban specific living beings (that is, customers and vendors) rather than accounts that are used for the purpose of gold transactions.

Is there a way to separate vendors from cracked accounts to ensure that you really do ban the right people?

Kam,

I've never been a dev/gm on wow but while I was a gm on many UO servers(before 2000) every account has records of what IP created the account, all IP's that logged on that account. I would only assume these type of records would also be recorded on every account for wow as well so they should easily be able to see and match IP's if your account was indeed hacked.

Will a fresh new re roll account be insta ip banned or would the individual be allowed to come back? Also how would this effect accounts prior to the rule being put into place ( accounts that had offenses prior to today).

how do you notice the gold buyer? :p some warrior stopped gaming on server and gave me 131g at gromgol basecamp, i was lucky. dont think i bought that gold please!! :)) and thank you very much for the server!!! im ready to subscribe monthly euros for server if thats needed for keeping it up! and btw. im new on realm and havent seen gold spammers too like jerseymike said.

I gave/give/will give gold, large amount, to guildmate. Do I risk something?
Because in theory, you can't know i did'nt get paid via paypal.

We can generally tell the difference, and in 99% of cases you'd be fine even with large amounts being sent. If we have concerns/questions then we initiate an investigation, which generally allows us to talk to the player in order to try and sort things out.

- - - Updated - - -

What if an account gets cracked to sell/buy gold?

This sounds like you plan to ban specific living beings (that is, customers and vendors) rather than accounts that are used for the purpose of gold transactions.

Is there a way to separate vendors from cracked accounts to ensure that you really do ban the right people?

Hacked account used for gold spam we close temporarily until the account owner gains access it again. But we constantly tell people to keep passwords updated with difficult passwords, so if an account gets hacked then that's the responsibility of the player. If a player repeatedly has their account hacked, then it's possible we could close the account permanently. So just have a difficult password and don't share accounts and you'll be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Will a fresh new re roll account be insta ip banned or would the individual be allowed to come back? Also how would this effect accounts prior to the rule being put into place ( accounts that had offenses prior to today).

They'd be allowed to come back on a fresh account, but expectations is that they follow the rules.
Regarding to prior to the rule, it's at our discretion but likely we'd be willing to work with those people as long as we can recoup the proceeds of crime.

how do you notice the gold buyer? :p some warrior stopped gaming on server and gave me 131g at gromgol basecamp, i was lucky. dont think i bought that gold please!! :))

As Davros said, Each transaction is investigated thoroughly. 99% of bans are correct and even the 1% will have their opportunity during a 1 to 1 chat to explain truthfully their side of the story.

We can generally tell the difference, and in 99% of cases you'd be fine even with large amounts being sent. If we have concerns/questions then we initiate an investigation, which generally allows us to talk to the player in order to try and sort things out.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey buddy,
I've just received a ban for buying gold? - hopefully you guys can see everything in the log.
- i could not afford mount at 40, hence i borrowed 25g from a friend and send him a mail back when i had the gold farmed
- One lvl 60 person have me 10 gold because i could not afford water at the vendor
- When i recived the ban i had around 180g on my lvl 44 account, hope 180 dosen't send any alarm clocks?
- I've spend so many hours at AH trying to ramp up my gold

I tried reaching out to Flash that has banned me and Chero, no reply back.

I really enjoyed playing and i hope you can see i've also dedicated to building a better community, i hope this cry for help will get you to look at my log file again and let me be in dialogue with you guys, i've spend around 3 days played the last week so i hope you can see i'm also active?

Still no answer from any GM...
I like you are aggressive on banning cheaters, but i do hate that you react so slow when you ban non-cheaters, especially when there is no grounds in this ban on me.

Top Bottom