• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Current Pvp Situation and possible Solutions

Nostalgia

As most of us are aware, on Kronos right now theres two kinds of battlegrounds going on.

Your typical 4 Ally vs. 6 Horde 5min game, that usually ends up with horde getting some honor out of a capped flag or two, and allys getting absolutely nothing out of the battleground due to being outnumbered and in some cases outgeared.

The other game is your 10 vs. 10, Ally premade vs. Random Horde pugs. No need to explain how these games end, Indaco has already given us a clear example.

So whats the problem?

This is giving allys who wants to queue up for a chill WSG alone, absolutely no reason to play,
they simply know whats going to happen, they will most likely leave the game, with the same amount of honor they joined with.

Allys decide to queue up as a 10man premade stomping horde with no end.
Deciding who is going to get what standing for the remaining week, cuz they farmed horde with no end on a thursday.
Again, giving them no reason to play outside of premade, cus they are already way ahead of everyone else.

This is resulting in many, many hours of zero battlegrounds taking place, simply because allys dont queue.

You can put the blame on the lack of pvp'ers on the alliance side, but thats not the only problem, i've seen plenty of different players queue up, and simply giving up, cus why bother.

Population is not a problem.

I have a few solutions to what i think could give people a reason to queue, and BG's to be more challenging rather then it always being a stomp for a certain faction.

- Disable raid queuein, make the max amount of people, able to queue together, to be group limited (Not more then 5 players)

This will allow people that soloq to be paired with tryharding premades, giving them a reason to queue for BG's.

- Never give a certain faction a player advantage

Not sure how this would work, but would require some work from the devs (To Avoid 5v6, 6v7 games..)

Feel free to bash me if u dont like it, or disagree.

People will just find a way to abuse this system to get put together.

@ troll gtfo

- Disable raid queuein, make the max amount of people, able to queue together, to be group limited (Not more then 5 players)

This will allow people that soloq to be paired with tryharding premades, giving them a reason to queue for BG's.

Not a bad idea tbh. The bg's will definitely be more balance if you can only que with max. 5 people.

good idea, although, at the current state of pvp on alliance side, most of the time the premade will just join with two 5man groups and it's gonna be the same result over and over again. Unless more alliance players queue for warsong this wont change anything /sadface

why should anyone do that, when they get stomped by horde pugs?

I guess a lot of pvpers on horde will move to alliance for have better queu time , and the thing will balance itselft out.

alliance running premade is a normal thing on any vanilla server

good idea, although, at the current state of pvp on alliance side, most of the time the premade will just join with two 5man groups and it's gonna be the same result over and over again. Unless more alliance players queue for warsong this wont change anything /sadface

It should obviously value the once soloqueing over the second 5man group then, since they been in queue longer, making a 5man premade group + soloq'ers

lol, i cant even sort a premade group out cuz for some reason theres not many good pvpers on allaince.. and i dont call /world LFM WSG a "premade" just unlock AV early and we can all sit there instead of playing 4vs8 games all day long or have to run guild premades with geared players who barely know how to pvp (it works on allaince but i just laugh at such things very hard since i prefer quality over quantity and because u have epics dont mean ur good, we all kno that theres going to be a moment we are all geared and then the skilled ppl will faceroll them all) so skilled allaince players => WHERE ARE YOU?

Not bad idea Nostalgia... because yea, current pvp situation is quite weird :D dunno why pplz r so greedy for pvp gear/honor. Or atleast AV will solve current situation.

Dont think AV will fix the problem personally the honor/ per hour is to low compared to wsg/ab.

But i guess it depends on how many players etc, but everyone knows..AV is a aoe standoff :p and grind till u can summon the bosses.

This topic alone shows me that PvP on this server is less about epeen and more about fun/fairness.

Some good suggestions even though most of them will have only small impact. Right now I do not feel anything is bad with PvP at all. Not since the Q system got its overhaul.
And lets face it, changing anything will just call the blizzlike screaming numbnuts to the table.

I fully support your suggestion +1

However i believe that premades would still be able to form as 10 man groups since they would just split into 2-3 groups and que at the same time since the alliance population who ques is lower than the amount of hordes who que so unless the que system tries to mix premades with normal non-premade players i believe the alliance premades as you describe would just be working around it.

as said by maredasan people will abuse it and therefore it needs some intelligence in how it sort's so it cannot be abused once more alliance's que.

I had 2 additional suggestions to the one you gave.

Suggestion 1:
I would like to suggest another server message that helps advertise when a battleground hasnt been begun for awhile but has the required amount of qued players from the other faction.

lets say 10 H/A players qued AB but there is no AB battles are beginning and there has been enough in the que from one faction to have begun 1-2 hours ago, at this moment the server spits out a message to the faction who needs to que telling them that there is an oportunity and if fast they could get into the battle almost instantly once they fill up their ques.

Example:
[30-39][Warsong Gulch]: 5x Ques left until the next battle begins
[50-59][Arathi Basin]: 3x Ques left until the next battle begins
[60][Alterac Valley]: 10x Ques left until the next battle begins

Suggestion 2:
When you que it should give you a message indicating how many from your faction still need to que to fill the minimums requirement of that battleground and if the enemy faction is ready or still needs more in the que before a battle can begin.

[30-39][Warsong Gulch]: 8v9 has started
[50-59][Arathi Basin]: 13v15 has started
[60][Alterac Valley]: 40v40 has started

I mean AV will change situation because dunno how u guys but i'm slightly bored of hunting wsg flag all the day. So when AV will come ( i just realized how many mages horde have lol ) pplz will join because it's something different and meanwhile many more ppl hit lvl 60 so i guess WSG will be up all the time as well atleast one AB. I know about 10 ppl on ally side who want to join active pvp but they r30 lvl now so...

@Cr0wL0ck suggestion 2 is good idea. I remember few years ago when this system was implemented here on twinstar servers and it was rly cool.

Population is not a problem.

You might seriously be under-representing this as a problem. Population is most certainly a factor. Not everyone is interested in PvP. Kronos doesn't give people a choice to roll on a PvE realm so it's quite possible that many just aren't even interested in queuing at all, no matter how convenient you make it. That being said, the actual population of PvPers could be much lower than the population of a faction. It's only compounded by the issue that the population is generally at most hours of the day, on the low side.

Nostalgia is right though. Its not the amount of players that is the problem, its these players motivation to participate in PvP.
I played on servers with less then 50 people online per side with constant WSG and even ABs going.

As someone who Qs up regularly I can say that the situation is getting better by the day. Literally.

I appreciate the hordes situation and everything but from what I'm hearing from a few horde players and other alliance pvpers, there are cliques within the horde pvp community. That's fine (perfectly normal, in fact) and everything but I just don't understand why you cannot band together and make a solid premade? PuGs vs Premades will always happen; it's just a fact of life in vanilla pvp.

The harsh truth is that the average horde pvper is superior to the average alliance pvper right now, so if you're losing BGs all the time then it's really on you to fix it. Team up. You cannot seriously try to fool anyone into thinking that you cannot get 10/15 players into a raid?

This seems to be more a failing of the hordes social skills than the systems in place, which is why I feel the developers should take no further action.

/Devil's advocate

Mr Pibie dont talk shit if you dont know horde situation lemme educate u a little bit.
Horde solo que average wsg w8 time: 15min-1h+ last sometimes up to extreme 4h+
Horde premade average wsg w8 time: 1-5h+ or doesnt even pop at all.
now u realize why we cant run premades?

Last edited:
Nostalgia is right though. Its not the amount of players that is the problem, its these players motivation to participate in PvP.
I played on servers with less then 50 people online per side with constant WSG and even ABs going.

As someone who Qs up regularly I can say that the situation is getting better by the day. Literally.

Sry Lharts, I ain' feeling it. Had a BG queue of 5 hours between 2 and 7 pm. Synced hrsn premade stopped queueing, not 1 BG opened after it. It's a f*cking honor monopoly. When they don't queue, it's a miracle if a BG pops. Ally non-premades get spanked and stop after 1 or 2 BGs, even if they have some of their premade in the BG, why "risk" losing and continue when u can just chill and wait for the whole premade to win vs PUGs all day long? This mentality rly pisses me off.

I appreciate the hordes situation and everything but from what I'm hearing from a few horde players and other alliance pvpers, there are cliques within the horde pvp community. That's fine (perfectly normal, in fact) and everything but I just don't understand why you cannot band together and make a solid premade? PuGs vs Premades will always happen; it's just a fact of life in vanilla pvp.

The harsh truth is that the average horde pvper is superior to the average alliance pvper right now, so if you're losing BGs all the time then it's really on you to fix it. Team up. You cannot seriously try to fool anyone into thinking that you cannot get 10/15 players into a raid?

This seems to be more a failing of the hordes social skills than the systems in place, which is why I feel the developers should take no further action.

/Devil's advocate

Oh dear, well let me tell u what happens when u make a premade on horde side: u make a grp, takes around 10 mins, u queue and wait... and wait... and wait... so after the 20 "randoms" who were in queue infront of u have gotten their turn on the ally premade, taking around 20 minutes per game u finally get it. Last 2 times we made a premade we beat them on both occasions, guess what they do? right, they stop queueing, I guess some people can't cope with a loss when they win all day vs PUGs. So then, there are 30 hordes in queue waiting for an invite, nothing happens. Even if they didn't stop queueing, it would take almost an HOUR to get into the next BG. PvP state if a f*ucking mess right now. 1 premade decides when and what BG horde queues. So ur options are to either play along, grind the little bit of honor that u can from a few kills and lose every bg, or .... well there is no or, u stop PvPing.

-frustrated horde

With more pvpers on ally side thing will be more balanced , i see a lot of new guy levelling on ally for pvp.
Maybe level an ally alt in downtime

Top Bottom