• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

currrent state of pvp may call for rep buffs agian for AB/WSG

SuperomegaOP

Currently gaining rep inside these bgs is extremely difficult as an alliance player. horde is probably worse with their high queue times.

at low win rates and average game lengths it seems like its going to take hundreds of in-game hours to reach exalted with these factions. unlike AV, AB/WSG don't give consistent rep on losses and turning in marks only gives half the rep(50) when compared to AV's 100 rep per turn in.

can something be done?

We need a way to encourage more people not aiming for high ranks to queue BGs. This would decrease queue times and reduce the amount of time pugs play vs premades, giving them a higher chance at winning.

Alltho it must be said that WSG/AB was never easy factions to get exalted with, i probably had 100ish days played on my mage in retail vanilla and didnt get to exalted with either of them... even tho i pvped fairly regularly (But raiding was my main interest).

i probably had 100ish days played on my mage in retail vanilla and didnt get to exalted with either of them... even tho i pvped fairly regularly (But raiding was my main interest).
wow.. you must've been afk'ing a lot (in av :lol:)

I'm nearly exalted in WSG. It hasn't been too bad a grind, especially since it's been a 95% pug effort.

AB looks like a long slow grind on the other hand.

Is a random BG queue not a possibility?

I'm nearly exalted in WSG. It hasn't been too bad a grind, especially since it's been a 95% pug effort.

AB looks like a long slow grind on the other hand.

Is a random BG queue not a possibility?

AB would pop outside of AB weekend if everyone who want to play AB would just queue it. But everyone feels "WSG is the only thing that pops so i'll just queue that."

AB would pop outside of AB weekend if everyone who want to play AB would just queue it. But everyone feels "WSG is the only thing that pops so i'll just queue that."

by your logic AB would go on after its weekend is over since every got accustomed to queue AB. truth is WSG is still shorter and better honor per hour outside of AB weekend and as soon as its over premades stop queuing. at most youll get a few games after the weekend but shortly its back to WSG spam.

Last edited:
Yes ab and warsong needs a buff for rep gain.
It took me almost 6 months to get exalted in warsong and AB(still need 800 rep in AB)

I'm not a hardcore pvper but I'm not a casual too I have almost 20k hk's.
It's impossible to get it by pugging and it needs to be buffed so maybe people start to Q again.

Yup. So form or join a premade and start winning, thus gain rep faster.

What is the issue here exactly? You don't want to put in the work but still want the reward?

Nope.

there needs to be pugs in order for bg pvp to be healthy. without pugs it'll just be premade vs premade until one stops queuing/afks in gy. Getting high ranks is already unrealisticly difficult or impossible for pugs to get but rep shouldn't be. It should definitely be a time investment but its literally tens of rep per loss when you need tens of thousands of rep to hit exalted. that anit right.

That's why a lot of people play in AV weekends,cuz it's way more easy to get exalted compared to warsong and AB.

If Warsong and AB rep gets buffed up MAYBE people start to Q not only AV.
But if I highly doubt that people will keep playing after 5 games in a row being GY farmed

That's why a lot of people play in AV weekends,cuz it's way more easy to get exalted compared to warsong and AB.

If Warsong and AB rep gets buffed up MAYBE people start to Q not only AV.
But if I highly doubt that people will keep playing after 5 games in a row being GY farmed

People play during weekends because its easier to get honor.

There is no change in rep gained during AV weekends, only a huge increase in honor.

Pretty sure he means that during AV weekend there is nonstop AV, thus being able to farm rep better. AV rep is generally also way faster than the other factions.

Pretty sure he means that during AV weekend there is nonstop AV, thus being able to farm rep better. AV rep is generally also way faster than the other factions.

What i want you to understand is that people only play more AV cuz they can get gear easily (Unstoppable force, off hands etc...) while warsong and AB just not worth to play because it's NEARLY IMPOSSBLE to reach exalted if you dont have time enough to join/start a premade.

I can't see how a buff in Warsong/AB can be bad, unless you dont want more people playing pvp.

What i want you to understand is that people only play more AV cuz they can get gear easily (Unstoppable force, off hands etc...) while warsong and AB just not worth to play because it's NEARLY IMPOSSBLE to reach exalted if you dont have time enough to join/start a premade.

I can't see how a buff in Warsong/AB can be bad, unless you dont want more people playing pvp.

I dont want it because i dont want vanilla to turn into World of Pandas or whatever the latest expansion is. Where everyone lives on wellfare epics and 2 weeks of max level is all it takes to get anything you want.

I dont want it because i dont want vanilla to turn into World of Pandas or whatever the latest expansion is. Where everyone lives on wellfare epics and 2 weeks of max level is all it takes to get anything you want.

with the right changes nobody should be getting welfare epics. With AV regardless if its a win or lose as long as you commit your time you will eventually hit exalted. The rep grind might be a little too quick especially if you win a lot but thats besides the point. With ab/wsg, putting in time and effort can yield you practially zero honor and reputation depending on how offen you get stomped by premades or particularly good pugs which happens pretty often as alliance. You cant expect people to get gy camped for 10-20 mins get no rep and hear them say "this is ok because its vanilla" they simply won't put themselves into that position.

times have changed, the way people play this game has changed. If the game doesn't adapt then people like you will continue saying "its vanilla, its just the way it is" until the last bg pops on the server.

Im not saying make the grind as easy as AV but atleast make it so that the difference between winning and losing isn't so polarizing.

with the right changes nobody should be getting welfare epics. With AV regardless if its a win or lose as long as you commit your time you will eventually hit exalted. The rep grind might be a little too quick especially if you win a lot but thats besides the point. With ab/wsg, putting in time and effort can yield you practially zero honor and reputation depending on how offen you get stomped by premades or particularly good pugs which happens pretty often as alliance. You cant expect people to get gy camped for 10-20 mins get no rep and hear them say "this is ok because its vanilla" they simply won't put themselves into that position.

times have changed, the way people play this game has changed. If the game doesn't adapt then people like you will continue saying "its vanilla, its just the way it is" until the last bg pops on the server.

Im not saying make the grind as easy as AV but atleast make it so that the difference between winning and losing isn't so polarizing.

So what you're saying is basically; I want to play this version of the game, but I don't really like some parts of it so change it for me.

How about no? You don't like it, feel free to leave. The rest of us will stay here "until the last bg pops", which believe me, will NOT be because of rep gain in battlegrounds.

What you SHOULD be doing is realizing, "Hm, So I don't gain any rep from just losing all the time, I should group up with some other players, get a bit more organized with out setup and start winning."

And if it makes a difference, I solo q'd 90% of my games until r10, exalted wsg and 15/21k AB.

And if it makes a difference, I solo q'd 90% of my games until r10, exalted wsg and 15/21k AB.

when did you start your grind? Because when k2 first opened wsg and AB had increased rep to incentivize the new lv 60s to pvp because the active bg community was still small.

All im saying is to bring back those changes so more people are incentivized to queue bgs because its pretty sad to see 3-4 AVs one day and then only 2 WSGs the next. And i can tell you for a fact that most of those people queing for AV were not dong it for the honor grind i assure you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom