• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question Custom Vanilla stuff

Visuv

Authorized
What do you guys think about tinkering around with classic WoW?

I had this idea for years spinning in my head, since i like many of the talent/item changes in TBC, but really dislike flying mounts and the overall focus on vertical progress (in TBC, Azeroth quickly became a ghost town).

But that's a more sophisticated issue, what i am asking for today, is:

What about simple changes to wonky items and talents, which are barely used - thus opening possibilities for more builds & combinations?

I've made a rough sketch concerning warrior talents (played the class for years since launch). I used TBC talents as reference, but also thought about adding my own twist. Feel free to criticize, suggest etc.
Talents - Warrior.v1.jpg
Talents - Warrior.v2.jpg

You'll notice my focus on reworking the defense tree, because i feel it's sorely lacking as is.

edit: updated.

Last edited:
I like some of these changes, especially the ones in the Arms tree. However, the proposed changes in Fury and Prot would make PVP and PVE balance much too far in favour of warriors. For example, refunding 50% rage after a successful execute would cause a large dps increase in PVE and would be OP in PVP. Additionally, 50% crit chance on a 5 sundered target with shield slam would make tanking pretty faceroll.

if that it be, game becomes World of Warriors.

shield slamming to each other lulz.

highly unlikely to be done although i like the changes as they seem fun and overpowering but it is highly unlikely to occur unless this was a fun server which it is not ^^

The rage/threat & dmg is all massively buffed and it becomes more of a warriors world than warcrafts XD

Hm i see your concerns.
Well i'd change other class talents as well, no doubt, i just started with the warrior.
I know it's unlikely for Kronos 3 to apply any drastic changes, but i think the community will hugely profit from custom vanilla servers, once Blizzard provides their own ones.

I mean really, playing the same specs (which are proven to be best) and hunting the same items becomes boring/tedious, no?
Why not mix it up and buff underscaled items/abilities - thus unlocking new combinations.

I updated the header, let's see what you think.

edit: Oh i see that i miscommunicated the shield slam buff, it's not meant to globally grant 50% more crit, it should be clearer now.

Warriors are fine, and already the best class at 60. If anything needs help, is boomkin/elemental mana efficiency

Well, i didn't buff warriors overall, if you look carefully - most used Arms/Fury talents have not been touched!
Instead i proposed these changes to allow for more creative builds, especially considering the protection tree in regard to pvp.
Many of those changes were done in TBC btw, which was really enjoyable with 10 more talent points to spec and deeper trees (just not the pesky flying mounts).

However, you are right that other classes desperately need reworked talent trees. I'm thinking about:
Boomkin - mana consumption
Shaman Ele - mana consumption
Mage - arcane missiles mana consumption
Paladin - prot tree (another prot tree that is very lacking in pvp)
Warlock - Dark Pact, maybe it should refill life too or sth

What's as important is another issue that comes with raiding and overall item balance:
Raid drops make 99% of non-raid drops obsolete, which leads to raidlogging once-twice a week.
The non-raid world should remain meaningful, even for very accomplished characters, but i'm not sure how this could be achieved.
- Perhaps more content would be needed, or/and additional loot tables for dungeons and their bosses (something hardmode in TBC achieved).

Oh and one more thing about world-pvp: Less resurrection wait time (cap at ~60s) and faster ghost movement speed (~50%).

Top Bottom