• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Czech language in "world" chat.

Would you like only English public chats?

• Yes

Votes: 101 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I don't really mind

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

howa003

Authorized
Allowing only English language in public chats.

Hi,

I hope that Czech players on Kronos will be thoughtful to others and since this server is meant to be international they won't use Czech language in public channels (global, trade, WORLD).
BUT I can imagine some players using Czech on public channels because of being lazy, being low-educated in English or just because of being an as*holes.

So I was thinking that maybe there could be some rule, that main language to use on public chats is English (since this server is going to be international) and using other languages on public chats would be punished.
Of course there would be exceptions like that you can use czech language in chat "CZworld" or something like that.:)
My main argument for prohibiting the use of non-english language in public chats would probably be that using that language could be considered as spam.

Of course there are other ways to solve this, e.g. let people use whatever language they want in public chats and making channel "ENworld" or something like that for people who don't want to be spammed by Czech language. But since this server will be international, I think that solution like this would be rather unfortunate.

Last edited:
I think, that somewhere in rules it's already mentioned, that all global channels are English only. Also, there was cz/sk channel on K2 (/join czsk) where you could speak cz/sk. There were also channels for other languages.

But 20-30% can't really dominate and dictate their rules, that's what I've meant. So rules will be equal for everybody. As in Kronos forums (except guilds threads).

But 20-30% can't really dominate and dictate their rules, that's what I've meant. So rules will be equal for everybody. As in Kronos forums (except guilds threads).

Right, and I am in total agreement, however I was trying to point out that 20-30% is probably an incorrect ratio and it's going to be (probably) a much larger ratio that that...especially given the amount of traffic in CZ/SK this site has gotten according to those site stat sites (lol) that people have posted in the past.

That's all I was pointing out :)

Well, to close this - CZ/SK community will probably be the largest, but rules are set, that server is international and the only allowed language is english and that will not change. There is no need to worry.

There will always be some people asking in their native language in world chat, but you can politely tell them that they should use another channel for their native language and ask them to speak english only on world. And if they refuse, you can report them on black list :wink:

Ye slavic languages with yer syllables and pronunciation... We don't want yer kind around here... *Cocks shotgun*

I am worried about your rule :D Now I will spam trade chat with prodám / koupím insteed of WTS / WTB :D So this trade is marked only for CZ / SK players :D

If you do so, you will get muted or even banned (if you continue). Server is international and english is considered international language. I belive that you can imagine, that you are new player from country xy, you join world chat and see some weird language even when main page promised "internationality".. You will not be pleased.

If you do so, you will get muted or even banned (if you continue). Server is international and english is considered international language. I belive that you can imagine, that you are new player from country xy, you join world chat and see some weird language even when main page promised "internationality".. You will not be pleased.

+1

It will only make your own experience on the server worse, since it will scare players away.

Do people honestly get upset when they see another language in chat? Massive frustration aneurysm from inability to read? I don't get it : /

I don't mind seeing other languages in chat. My main concern was that if let's say 35% of population was czech and they all used czech language in public chat, then the community would be greatly divided.
Not to mention that for the majority (65%) it would be only spam.

Do people honestly get upset when they see another language in chat? Massive frustration aneurysm from inability to read? I don't get it : /
It's inconveniently, impolite (from the direction of those who use non-English) and scare newcomers away.

Someone use non-English on global chat? On party too, maybe? Damn, he may not even know a single English word and still play here, since there's enough Czech guys! Do we need such a players to play here?

That's why it's better nip it all in the bud.

But if non-English is followed by "Sorry, I didn't knew it's prohibited" - it's OK and shouldn't be banned on sight of course :)

No, but the purpose of a public chat is to communicate with the public. Using a language the majority doesn't understand is counterproductive and a little rude as well. I'd say most people are not from english speaking countries but they're still trying to communicate in english. Why should there be an exception for czech speaking people?

I'd suggest a seperate public channel for czech people if the demand is big enough.

If the czech players want to have an own channel, they can create one /join CZworld or whatever. This way they can interact with others on the /world and still have their own channel to speak their own language.

If the czech players want to have an own channel, they can create one /join CZworld or whatever. This way they can interact with others on the /world and still have their own channel to speak their own language.

yeah good idea

but i have another experience from previous version of Kronos: when new people joined the game, world chat was simple epmty cause majority was talking in guild chat or "whatever world" (okay, there was czech majority, but...)

another example: as is in "international" TBC server Ares (twinstar project) now (u can try it): i joined game, empty world, empty chat... "oh brother u must /join CZworld"

from my point of view: please simple, strict rules! one chat! one world! one game! please dont divide community... we have forum in english, lets game is in english... im czech, but i still have wow client in english! is here some czech player who has game client in czech language? i dont think so

i have: 1.general, 2. trade, 4. group, 5. world chat and party, guild, raid chat... so 7. chat channels... isnt enough?
if you must speak about personal stuff u still have /whisp

Why are my own-created channels so important? give me example

Yeah true you can't just forbid it. But players have to understand that creating lots of channels for different languages is really just hurting the server by dividing the community... As long as you want a server that looks dead feel free to create more channels.

Top Bottom