• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Czech language in "world" chat.

Would you like only English public chats?

• Yes

Votes: 101 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I don't really mind

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
i have: 1.general, 2. trade, 4. group, 5. world chat and party, guild, raid chat... so 7. chat channels... isnt enough?
if you must speak about personal stuff u still have /whisp

Why are my own-created channels so important? give me example

You can create own channels to coordinate a class in a raid, e.g. a hunter channel where they discuss their TQ-shot rotation.

And you can create a channel to talk to more than 1 friend at the same time, even when you're not in a guild with them. etc.
There are tons of reasons to create own channels.

I don't think there's any issue with people creating custom channels. I believe the main reasoning here is that the server or admin team should not promote using world, worldCZ, worldDE, world[language]...

There should be one "globally" known chat channel, where the main server's language is used, and any other channels are up to players to create and use.

I think that the main global channel (such as LookingForGroup if that is enabled) should be English only. I don't care about General, Trade, Local Defense having other languages in them, even if I don't know what they're saying.

And you can create a channel to talk to more than 1 friend at the same time, even when you're not in a guild with them. etc.

That's the main use for me. Let's pretend that you're in a smaller guild or whatever, you hit max level, and you do some instance running and raiding in pick up groups and make friends from having good runs with people. Using an agreed upon channel with folks not in your guild frees up your Whisper channel (and theirs too).

I chose "yes" obviously. But don't forbid other languages. Speaking from experience from past projects, it has never done any good. If the czechs on the realm will use czech on global channels it will be sad, but they will only be against themselves.

If all else fails you can use /ignore to clean the chat up for yourself :p

Top Bottom