• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DDOS or Poor Planning?

But it is not necessary. There is enough room for both servers. One does not have to be better the other. The worst thing you can do Audrey is turn this into the Nos forums...so much hate thrown about...

Whats the old saying? if you got nothing nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all.

Sure, go ahead and be critical, provide a strong debate...just stop spreading random hate.

Nope, friend is level 5 priest already. Also Obv poor planning, I LoL every time incompetent people talk about DDoS, that shit only happens at corporate level, these people just didnt plan for shit.

Excuse me, what only happens at corporate level? I won't lecture you on DDoS, you seem to be the "competent" one. Right?

I don't know how many people were trying to connect or if it was a DoS/DDoS. Either way, even with careful planning and as much overprovisioning as one can afford, things can go wrong. Just look at Blizzard's releases of the WoW expansions.

Didn't plan for shit? Oh please. If the numbers suggested in this thread are even close to being correct and combined with a possible attack, who could have prevented that. Certainly not those who don't have thousands of euros to dish out for their infrastructure and protection.

[TD="align: right"]Jeniczek
[/TD]

we have found probably a solution

[TD="align: right"]Jeniczek[/TD]

the Problem is

that the huge demand of players is causing a system failure and disables all our other realms

we will move Kronos to standalone realm and try to optimize it

it might be online soon

it might not

[TD="align: right"]eniczek
[/TD]

we will definately inform you

[TD="align: right"][/TD]

[TD="align: right"][/TD]

Quick info for anyone not on IRC

Complete DDOS protection is not easy to get. It's a great server with awesome scripts and mechanics, and I'm sure they are working very hard to get it up and running so we can enjoy it.

Because Rag is totally a hard encounter.

He sure require fire resist gear and some farming. He is poorly scripted on Nost and they got him down because of this. Remember that they use pre 1.4 gear on Nost, to make everything even harder, yet they still got him down. Rag didnt know what to do at melee, look at the videos. The script is terrible.
Anyway, lets not turn this into another "Nost is bad" thread please.

Ahh, this really reminds me of the god ol' classic times, the few flamer are there in time, too.

But honestly, who really thought Kronos would work without problems? I hoped it, but really believing ...? Dont misunderstand me, i think it is totally okay. I was there, at every WoW-Addon release + serveral other MMORPG and there was none, which had a conflictless serverstart.

The only thing i would love to have: A regular updated Informationsblock of what is happening and what is twinstar doing to fix the problems - nothing more - pure honest and quick answers and iam happy. currently i am following facebook (although i dont have it or use it normally) and am curious to get new infos.

@the rest: just relax, view a few nice vids, get a drink, view tv or just do something else! just sitting in front of the screen for a few hours and clicking on "login" makes anyone angry ;)

@concerning ragnaros: he is an hard encounter... at first getting enough player together who actually work together befor leaving, then the equipment check, the consumable farming, etc. i infact am quit curious of how we will be handling him ;)

Last edited:
OFC its poor planning, but its not intended, they rushed the launch coz of nosta%$#@, thats why they are failing now, but i dont care, coz i know Kronos is 1000 times better than those bugged crap server.

I knew this would happen or that dynamic respawn feature not working or terrorist bomb threat or whatever making this unplayable in day 1. Kronos wasn't the exception to the rule. I'm still disappointed tho.

I knew this would happen or that dynamic respawn feature not working or terrorist bomb threat or whatever making this unplayable in day 1. Kronos wasn't the exception to the rule. I'm still disappointed tho.
Trust me dynamic respawn works perfectly.

In the end, there was no DDOS.

Simply, the authentication server was not prepared for so huge crowd. So far we are all satisfied with the outcome of the launch and I hope you guys are as well.

Very satisfied! A bit bumpy to start, but its all good now. Thanks Chero. You have done fantastically.

My name was stolen though :(. But alas what can you do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom