• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Destro pvp?

OFMGWTFQQ***
Not,look for this
http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_9_825c2o5p55d5102505151

And read:
Why i dont take up shadow bolt? Becouse destro spec dont use this stupid skill.
U use only fire udnerstand?
And why i take demo spec too?
becouse u can resum demon an example void and use shield vs warrior or hunters.

rotation:
seduct -> COE -> soul fire -> seduct -> immolate -> conf
if target survived your burst then
coil -> immolate -> spam searing pain

OFMGWTFQQ***

rotation:
seduct -> COE -> soul fire -> seduct -> immolate -> conf
if target survived your burst then
coil -> immolate -> spam searing pain

Why don't you just:

Seduce -> COE -> Soul Fire -> Immolate -> Conflagrate

The Soul Fire has to fly to the target which takes around 1-1.5 secs, which will be the Immolate cast time with 5/5 Bane specc.

Who said sth about skilling pyroclasm? I said that while Soul Fire is flying, you can easily cast immolate and it both hits nearly at the same time, making a seduce/fear useless.

Playing nightfall / conflag spec, I'd say the shadow damage is about equal to the fire damage, soul fire aside.

Shadowburn and shadow bolt both hit pretty hard, using either spell school just comes down to vulnerabilities (or wards) and cast time.

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=9&d=vanilla&tal=25002330022000000000000000000000005050005102205151

Talents in Affliction after Imp. Lifetap and before Grim Reach + Nightfall are just fillers, pick what you like. Don't forget suppression if you don't have enough spell hit on your gear, resists can be fatal.

Last edited:
This is probably what I'm going to play if I choose warlock.

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_9_805d505122g205c40152501051r

Demonology / Affliction (20/31/0)

At first glance that looks really nice but it lacks Bane. Enjoy 3s shadowbolt casts.
Also neither Shadowburn nor Conflagerate, no instant damage except for unreliable Nightfall proccs.

I'm not much of a PvPer but I'd probably go with http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_9_805c2m20500321j5052005102005141 for the burst and succubus cc.

Last edited:
Don't see why Destro builds would talent into Suppression at all. Why? 4% is your miss chance against a level 60 target, and 3% is hit cap because the 1% unmitigatable resist chance counts vs. players too. Suppression only helps for Aff spells, and since you're spamming Destro spells, you need to hit cap from gear anyway. Therefore, Suppression is a waste of 2 talent points.

As far as I know it works like this:
The 26% chance is distributed on the 15 ticks of hellfire:
-> 26/15% chance of stunning with each tick ( random for each target hit, so if you hit 5 it could happen that 0-5 get stunned)
I think the talent is okay, but it's not as op as you might think.

As far as I know it works like this:
The 26% chance is distributed on the 15 ticks of hellfire:
-> 26/15% chance of stunning with each tick ( random for each target hit, so if you hit 5 it could happen that 0-5 get stunned)
I think the talent is okay, but it's not as op as you might think.
Any evidence to this? I've never heard about this before. It would significantly devalue the talent for PvE.

Yeah that looks good for full destro, that daze is pretty nice versus druid EFCs, or trying to peel.

Unreliable for kiting but damn nice when it procs.

Edit- Kana not a lot of newbies pick up spell hit early in the gearing process, but I mainly pointed out suppression because chances are you're going to NEED that fear to land if you're taking the time to cast it.

Last edited:
SM/ruin. This is a thread about destro PvP though.

The above spec is bad for several reasons. If you play with seduce, a properly times seduce will save you more then 2k+ hp. So using the CC to cast a 4.5sec spell just to shield yourself is pretty pointless. Also you can only do that every 15 minutes which makes it even worse.

Keep in mind that seduction and fear share the same DR category. Once your target has DR on seduction you got no CC left except deathcoil.

Destro relies heavily on burst damage, thats why leaving out Emberstorm is probably the worst decision a destro lock can ever make.

In 1.12.1 there isn't much room left for arguing about efficiency anymore. Pretty much all spec have that ONE true build. With slight modifications ofc.

Top Bottom