• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Destruction for leveling

Lazocar

I know that the afflication is best but i realy like to level with destruction
What talent should i pick, what pet, what geer and maibe proffession?
I have plaied warlock for years and always aff and its so borring.
I'll like to start to level my warlock on this server with destruction.

INB4 everyone telling you it isn't viable, and you'll spend a lot of money and downtime eating and drinking etc

but since you seem adamant about it I don't see why you shouldn't.

This is asuming you gear towards fire SP and stam

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11205595_9_805c2o5p55d5122525151

I'd hazard that to be a generic one, obviously you want 5/5 corr and 2/2 imp lifetap, 5/5 demonic embrace optional you can skip this to have conflag earlier

For destro you want to pick up key talents first i.e. shadowburn (use this wisely or spam when you've got too many shards) 2/2 grim reach, Ruin of course is vital, intensity / pyroclasm if you intend on hellfire otherwise put points elsewhere, do not underestimate the imp. imp talents!

Probably best if you levelled with a good CC like a frost mage, curse of elements all teh way

Edit fixed link, and yeah imp searing pain is real nice

Last edited:
I wouldn't even bother talenting into Demonic Embrace (worthless at lower levels), let alone anything in Demo or Aff if you want to level as Destro. As Lharts said, push into Searing Pain. You don't get it til 18 or 20 (don't remember which), so you'll be casting Shadow Bolt and Immolate until then. For pet, if you can kill before mob reaches you, Imp will be fine. Void will let you juggle a couple extra mobs at once though, and comes with an emergency bubble starting at 16. Up to you. I would drop your 11th point into Shadowburn. It's a good fast execute and refunds the shard cost. Annoying cooldown though.

You don't voidwalker tank with a destro spec or you'll take ages to kill anything. Void is for affli leveling (before dark pact). Destro will kill fast but you'll take more hits and spend more mana which will lead to longer downtime...but I think you're ok with that right?

I'd say yes to both of your questions... not like you stop leveling after level 44 right?

Should i go wirh herb/alchemy for proffession because flask and potions or mining/engenering for stun granades and trinkets?
And i dont mind for longer downtime because it will be fun and also i could PVP as i leveling :)

I'm only level 19, so don't take my word as rule, but I have yet to outaggro my Void even with full dots and Searing Pain spam. Torment (rank 1) seems to generate a lot of threat, I don't even have to wait for two torments before unloading. I'm sure this will change in the higher levels of course, but at least it is viable for now.

You'll never flask while leveling. It's far too expensive to even consider. Making your own pots however is a nice perk, and they're cheap to craft. Downside is they annoyingly stack to 5 and hog up all your bag space, but you could sell any excess. The only useful engineering perk for leveling that I'm aware of would be the grenades and the gadgetzan teleporter (later into leveling). The net trinket could be too, but has the downside of catching you instead. If you do want to PvP as more than a casual activity, definitely go engineering.

imp searing pain, aftermath is not worth it for leveling. If you really want to go down that road.

Top Bottom