• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Dire maul?

Jumanji

So I see that Dire Maul is opened right from the start and I'm not sure how to feel about it.
Apparently it drops some of the stuff that makes several t1 and even t2 set pieces worthless.
Dire Maul came out way after MC... So, what's up with that?

Wait what!? DM open already? Why would they trivialize T1 like that on a progression server? Must be a mistake!

EDIT: I see that Lord Kazzak and Azuregos are also in at launch, they werent added until later as well. They were all added in 1.3.0: http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.3.0

Why not hold these things in to after MC have been cleared??

Last edited:
This is not even about DM only, but Azuregos and Lord Kazzak world bosses are in from the start as well. Didnt know about this at all. I wonder why they decided to do it like this.

EDIT: Seems like an overwhelming majority in that linked thread is also against DM, Kazzak and Azuregos being in at launch. Ah well. The only argument I see for it from Kronos is this one : http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...content-timing?p=687274&viewfull=1#post687274
They say "Unforunately, what turns Molten Core into a complete joke is for the biggest part all the talent revamps and the dungeon itemization changes in general.
These two things cannot be reverted, if that was possible, we would have loved to change that and then you could have turned all of the T1 content into a "challenge" again."

Funny thing is that N0st apparently could revert items to their pre-1.4 state, but then they released a buggy MC and people cleared it easily anyway, oh the irony! Ah well. The decision is made so its nothing to do about it at this point, at least we have BWL/AQ//ZG/NAXX to challange us xD

Last edited:
I see... Thanks for the information, couldn't find topics about dire maul myself.
Let's see how it all turns out.

Funny thing is that N0st apparently could revert items to their pre-1.4 state, but then they released a buggy MC and people cleared it easily anyway, oh the irony! Ah well. The decision is made so its nothing to do about it at this point, at least we have BWL/AQ//ZG/NAXX to challange us xD

Instead of going with a gimmick like 1.4 items they should have just spent the dev time sorting out the bugs :wink:

In fact 1.4 items are not changing anything at all, if the aim of Nostalrius was to add a real challenge they should have changed all talent trees too.

The real joke is here, their 1.4 patch is just removing/changing many quests and items which are supposed to make the leveling slightly harder but nothing more. The leveling was finally easier because of many accessible exploits making this patch pointless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom