• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Disable Dynamic Respawn

scubasteve

This is ruining the integrity of the game and turning myself and others off immensely. You guys have done everything PERFECT imo except for this one HUGE thing. It should have been enabled for starter zones if at all. People are abusing the crap out of this forming mage parties and pulling 10+ mobs over and over for hours and hours. For people that say it has no effect on me, it does. I can't tag quest mobs myself when they are tagging them all instantaneously. Many complain of the unfair leveling advantage but that part doesn't bother me as much. But the other thing that it has made a problem... mobs in some spots spawn SO FAST it's hard to complete a quest or get through a spot because you get NO BREAK from the action. I would MUCH RATHER have the real money shop (I don't want the money shop at all but would take it 1000x over dynamic respawn) as opposed to this. It COMPLETELY takes away from the vanilla experience and I'm being turned off rather quickly. It looks like people are playing Diablo 3. This is NOT Diablo 3.

I'm not sure if the problem is the dynamic respawn, the buffed group XP or a combination of both, but yeah I agree that this is a problem. Just last night I was trying to do a quest in lower Silverpine and there was a group of mages AoEing the mobs at the Gilneas wall. Couldn't tag my one mob at all. Later, I went to the mine in Hillsbrad to do a quest, same thing. Group of mostly mages AoEing all the mobs in the cave.

its turning me off also of course this being a MMO, there is an economy, there are rules which are meant to be in a certain balance if anybody is taking advantage of something it affects you because it affects the economy and it affects the distribution of stuff which they will have available against you and then it also affects the gameplay overall turning it more into a "spot grind" rather than a game of travel, spot, manage, pick paths, track, choose quest over NPC-kills or not, etc there is also originally i believe some balance in the cooldowns of abilities and regeneration rates and also the value of consumables versus how much effort you take in protecting yourself etc etc so basically.. blizzlike population and spawn rates wanted

INTRODUCTION AND SOME INFO TO AOE GRINDFESTS I am leveling a horde mage in K3, currently level 37. Have been using this technique of AoE farming since level 27. It gives 30k+ experience per hour, sometimes 40k. This is considerably more than what you can get with questing, given the server is overcrowded around levels 20-40 and questing is usually slow as there is almost always competition for quest mobs and spawns. I have leveled more than one mage before to 60, including one in K2. As others have mentioned, AoE farming has pros and cons. I will mention some of them: CONS 1. Mages, warlocks and the healer that is often with them have a considerable leveling advantage, as they can get easily (much) more experience and loot in the same amount of time than a player who is traditionally questing around. This is amplified by the fact that questing is SLOW. Most questing hubs around levels 20-40 are overcrowded right now and some quest items drop rates are terribly low. 2. Players who take part in AoE grindfests have a fairly good income. I mean, those farmed mobs are often humanoids and murlocs, which drop lots of cloth. Prices of Wool, Silk and Mageweave are sinking as supply grows and demand sinks. This is normal, but it's happening much faster than usual on a fresh server. I can imagine a very fair portion of the market cloth supply comes from AoE grinders. In addition to the cloth, humanoids have good chances of dropping trash-quality equipment which is worth between 5 and 80 silver. I made 8g per hour while getting 40k exp per hour all the way from level 34 to 37. Will probably continue to do so up to 40. 3. Other classes are feeling in disadvantage. I am sure others also have been hearing complains in guild chat about this. Hunters, warriors, rogues, shamans, druids are losing some of their motivation to level. Their questing is slow as hell, when they have a quest in a AoE spot they have a very hard time to finish it. Some are rerolling mages. I'm afraid we will have some class imbalance at 60. 4. Ruins immersion as this is very far from blizzlike. But then again, having 3k+ population in a single realm isn't blizzlike either. PROS 1. Relocates a fraction of the levelers from the questhubs to the AoE grinding spots. I imagine questing would be even worse if nobody was grinding. Since they have a leveling rate advantage, the realm's population level curve is more spread. 2. It's a group activity and somewhat social. Can't say it isn't fun or at least better than questing. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy questing and slowly fighting my way to 60. But with these overcrowded quest hubs it can get annoying at times. 3. A new style of leveling in an old game. Solo or mage dues were not uncommon, but 5-man groups grinding 24/7 was unheard of for me.

It's becoming the quite the concern really.
And sadly it's almost to late to change it... I would like to keep the improved experience in groups while increasing dynamic respawn rates.

One thing that needs adjusted is that specific quest items (clickable) really need to be insta-respawn if only 1 player can get at a time. That said, the dynamic spawn thing is way overdone in some spots, while others take forever to respawn. Really coming off as a low-effort development. But yeah the mage farming thing has got to go.

Top Bottom