• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Disable party joining in battlegrounds

kramer

its not fun. you queue up, wait 20minutes as horde, then join, for a premade game that last 5 minutes. these premade groups from alliance are all using voice comms, have voicecommed their way to r13 + got all the best pvp gear, and are grinding rep. then you as horde join in and you get about 5 minutes with no kills since their all on voice comm because they all knew theyd be in a party together.
since alliance cried about .join and being world camped, can we get this rule installed?

Here's what's required for a good PvP server:
  • increased XP rate, so that this game is actually playable without being a no-lifer
  • .join, so that you're not bored out of your skull sitting around in the battlemaster's chamber
  • premades matched with other premades over pugs, so that there's an incentive for everyone to play (excluding the ranker nerds)

Unfortunately people nowadays are far more interested in the authenticity of Loch Modan's kobold foreskin-collecting quests than 1.12's gameplay.

• stat templates in pvp
  • battleground specific talent tree auto switched to when entering
  • disable gimmicks (engineering, light of elune, bag of marbles, etc.)
  • upgrade to a better version of wow? maebe good choise

Yeah let's take away engineering and mechanics absent from the modern wow engine like gouging/fearing stuns to make a simplistic version of wow even simpler. Then all you have to do is to remove the line of sight and add an unlimited amount of invulnerability/restorative potions plus antivenom on everyone so that positioning or ability to avoid cc doesn't matter.

You're bound to end up with the best possible enviroment for PvP.

Last edited:
Yeah let's take away engineering and mechanics absent from the modern wow engine like gouging/fearing stuns to make a simplistic version of wow even simpler. Then all you have to do is to remove the line of sight and add an unlimited amount of invulnerability/restorative potions plus antivenom on everyone so that positioning or ability to avoid cc doesn't matter.

You're bound to end up with the best possible enviroment for PvP.
i agree

sure, im online a lot u can pm me ingame. gearing on k3 atm, almost done though.

wooh. didnt notice after all those you were mentioned in discord spams and forgot i wrote this topic.
  • stat templates in pvp
  • battleground specific talent tree auto switched to when entering
  • disable gimmicks (engineering, light of elune, bag of marbles, etc.)
  • upgrade to a better version of wow? maebe good choise
i agree with this, and i also agree that the pvp bg rewards? should stay in pvp battle grounds. like when you enter that pvp hall were you get pvp items from from your ranks, you should be able to set up a gear setup, that includes your normal bank and bag items, from like a locker in there, that you automatically switch into when entering the battlegrounds. and also have the ability to well, there would have to be a limit but, able to switch the gear while in the battle ground too. or maybe just repalce missing equipment or before the match starts your allowed to change whatever you want in it. i almost totally agree with your post.

its only 1 game. and if people really like the bg's they should totally seperate everythign from it from the world (of warcraft). instead of screwing it over. you cant have 2 games in one. its like playing basket ball but then some people want to turn it into hopscotch. you end up kicking the other people in the head.
sry for late reply. let discord spam pile up.

Hi guys these forums still alive? good thing staff's is not listening to suggestions amirite?

on-topic: i agree partially that group que should be disabled, with that said i don't mind people quing together but what i dislike about it is that it permits the formation of so called premades which is unsportsmanlike in such a competitive area unless they face a premade themselves which lets be honest if both factions run premades they will often have internal agreements to avoid eachother in order to have faster and smoother wins.

For that purpose i either support the above suggestion to disable group que or simply instead of disabling it, randomize que time for people when entering que through group to strongly reduce the odds that they get into the same battleground. player A in group would be normal while player B would be pushed back 3 spots in que once others que up for example.

Hi guys these forums still alive? good thing staff's is not listening to suggestions amirite?
open your eyes... they do not need to "like" or "comment" in order to have listened or seen, try look through this last months threads in the different forums and you will be able to spot replies from cangingel or a thumbs up like from chero on different topics here and there...

so saying they do not listen is quite a strech... you can even look further or back to as early as this week few days ago...

nothing states that they need to side with anyone or take part in a discussion, they can choose to remain neutral and simply watch & listen.

nothing states that they need to side with anyone or take part in a discussion, they can choose to remain neutral and simply watch & listen
And do nothing until it's too late, as usual.

From very 2015 - Silithus sands nerf, Deserter for dropping the queue, 30-minutes immunity of worldbosses, removal of .join - all these features could've been way more helpful if not delayed for many months after the initial suggestion.

The suggestion to disable premades was first voiced years ago, therefore I think admins won't implement it now. 10% of people need their easier ranks, 90% must be ready to be farmed. After all, it's B L I Z Z L I K E !

Sad but i do agree with what you say Nimeralos, and believe me i am one of the last people who would agree the server has a few minor flaws :D
but fact is fact.

The existence of premades is indeed evidence for neglect in a way as people have been suggesting to limit premades almost as early as the first 1.12.1 private servers as people used premades to get around the honor system. But at least they eventually do things like the 30 min. world boss immunity.

I will cut them some slack tho as they do things for free and they gotta figure out how & even why & if they should.

Note: blizzlike is often used wrongly by idealists or trolls who will never be satisfied... even blizzard cant deliver what many call blizzlike... blizzcons 2018 demo and their comments made that abundantly clear. there are people who demand "blizzlike" when a fix applied in 2.0.1 is applied in 1.12.1 even when that fix was to solve simple pathing...

Top Bottom