• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Discussion]: Honor farming one character with several players

Soyoen

Authorized
As a discussion has been held regarding multiboxing (http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/87500-Petition-against-multiboxing) and a decision has been taken regarding the matter, it is time to move the discussion to the next problem often encountered on vanilla private servers: Multiple individuals honor farming using a single character.

So what do I mean with that statement? Well the issue is very simple really: One player wants to take the first standing in order to make faster progress towards rank14, and in order to do so he/she make use of several friends who take turns to play the character around the clock and hence give that specific character a huge advantage against the remaining competition.

This does in turn from my perspective foster a very unhealthy PvP community, as anyone who wishes to compete with this character has to play around the clock him/herself, or have a set of friends that are willing to play the character around the clock in order to compete on fair ground - as if the r14 grind isn't unhealthy as it is.

So let's have a discussion on the matter as in where the community stands;

1) Should it be allowed to have multiple people playing the same character around the clock to farm honor?
e.g. Yes, as it is a strict setting the population of the server is not affected by negative consequences such as...

2) Would you accept periods of required account sharing in order to be able to keep up?
e.g. Yes, I don't see it as anything strange in relation to how it is on other servers/was and is on retail.

3) What (a) BENEFITS and (b) DRAWBACKS can you identify for the PvP community?
a. Something that promotes or enhances well-being.
b. A disadvantage or hindrance.

e.g. (a) Players can better control amongst themselves that the correct character recieves the right standing, whilst...
e.g. (b1) In cases of drama that may arise in the PvP community the cap may increase to extreme limits creating an unhealthy "endgame" for the PvP community.
e.g. (b2) I can't see any drawbacks for the PvP community in general if this was allowed and/or utilized by several players/characters.

//Discuss & share your opinion :smile:

Last edited:
I would vote no. That this should not be allowed as it does give a unfair advantage.

That being said, it would be hard to enforce and can be argued that having the resources of those friends is not against any rules

Well, it's only his matter if that person want so give his acc to other people. But if he wants to and they are willing to do it, then it's their problem. I understand that you can see it as unfair andvantage, but with this attitude, I suggest that server will be open every day from 18:00 to 22:00 because during day, i have to work and people that does not have work and have more free time have unfair advantage over me, because i can't compete against them...

... That was sarcasm, if anyone didn't get it. But it's the same case.

*shrug*

I'd never let anyone else play MY toon.

But I saw it happen on retail, and it wouldn't surprise me if a few people did it here also.

1) You can't check if there is someone else playing (IPs change all the time)
2) You need to find someone willing to spend a lot of time gathering honor for your character

You can makes a friend help you level, help you do instances, help you farm reputation. If two people want to share a character that is their choice and it will rarely happen anyway.

ranking is all about relationships to other players, deal with it. Guess why I never surpassed rank 12 with Zzuk easily? Yes because nearly the whole ED ranking community already hated me to this point.

Well farming kills with same IP doesnt work, it wont give you any honors afaik. And isn't it already bannable like wintrading in arenas? I guess it's in rules somewhere on website :smile:

On a different server I played on this was an issue at first. One of the devs implimented a small script to the server that would monitor player character names + times in specific zone locations that were known to have useful spots close to the Spirit Healer for fast recovery times, with these spots out of normal view of the average passer by. Dire Maul entrance area is one such commonly abused place that fits the above.

It made it MUCH easier to detect a trend of a player Honor farming with a bot program or the like when they would do it for hours on end, and several accounts were quietly banned with its use. I'd be fairly surprised if this server didn't end up using something similar - if I recall correctly the code for the routine was added to the open source project of mangos.

I am sorry, but this is ridiculous ....
For the Christ's sake, why would you ban someone for sharing his "own" character?!
It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but this is ridiculous ....
For the Christ's sake, why would you ban someone for sharing his "own" character?!
It doesn't make any sense.

Honor was implimented as a reward for killing a PvP target where some risk was to be involved, and so forth. Notice that no Honor is earned for killing an under-level target, which is Gray.

If you kill a PvP target that can't fight back, such as someone who is AFK or Linkdead, of course you'll still get Honor from the kill. But that target also is now a Ghost by the Spirit Healer, and most certainly is NOT up for grabs for being killed repeatedly for more honor.

Now compare that to some joker with a level 60 character near Dire Maul entrance that's made a deal with someone to share an account, per perhaps use their own 2nd leveled account, to kill a PvP target over and over at no risk. That becomes an exploit of the intent behind Honor rewards, and even worse, Honor now becomes a commodity that is bought or sold or traded between guilds in different factions. Does this even remotely sound simliar to Win Trading for rewards, like we witnessed from Arenas in WoW?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7118303086
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/exploitation-policy

Win Trading for PvP rewards, regardless if it's Arena or Open World, isn't allowed by Blizzard. I would be completely surprised if it was allowed here.

Last edited:
Honor was implimented as a reward for killing a PvP target where some risk was to be involved, and so forth. Notice that no Honor is earned for killing an under-level target, which is Gray.

If you kill a PvP target that can't fight back, such as someone who is AFK or Linkdead, of course you'll still get Honor from the kill. But that target also is now a Ghost by the Spirit Healer, and most certainly is NOT up for grabs for being killed repeatedly for more honor.

Now compare that to some joker with a level 60 character near Dire Maul entrance that's made a deal with someone to share an account, per perhaps use their own 2nd leveled account, to kill a PvP target over and over at no risk. That becomes an exploit of the intent behind Honor rewards, and even worse, Honor now becomes a commodity that is bought or sold or traded between guilds in different factions. Does this even remotely sound simliar to Win Trading for rewards, like we witnessed from Arenas in WoW?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7118303086
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/exploitation-policy

Win Trading for PvP rewards, regardless if it's Arena or Open World, isn't allowed by Blizzard. I would be completely surprised if it was allowed here.

I think you missunderstand OP's question. He asked if it was allowed to share one account so a character could be played 24/7 by different players to farm bgs.

I think you missunderstand OP's question. He asked if it was allowed to share one account so a character could be played 24/7 by different players to farm bgs.

Well, I feel extra stupid now. Yeah, I don't see a problem with it considering that folks were doing similar stuff back with Ultima Online forward. The difficult part would be finding people you trust to do it.

What about using drugs for non-stop playing like amphetamine should it be bannable?(Trolling)

What about using drugs for non-stop playing like amphetamine should it be bannable?(Trolling)

Teeheehee. I'm reminded of my 40+ hour WoW bender back in tha day. Fueled by coffee, red vine licorice, and an insatiable addiction for the game. Man, I really did play the fuck out of Vanilla... and it's still my favorite MMO.

#Masterpiece

I vote no, because I got gipped out of R12 back on retail by a transfer who botted/account shared his way to r14. That said, I don't know how they could realistically stop it.

This wouldn't really be a persistent problem. Just that every now and then some rank 13 player is getting a mate of his to put in 10-20 hours for that last push to rank 14. People won't be playing 24/7 all the way from rank 1 to 14.

Top Bottom