• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Does + Weapon Damage influence your damage as a cat?

Rockmaster

Authorized
Hey guys,

I was wondering if + Weapon Damage Enchants and items with this feature influence your damage in cat/bear form.

I saw druids running around with + Weapon Damage enchants and was wondering if it really works that way since the dps of a weapon has no effect on your dps in cat/bear form.

Examples of what I mean:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=21189
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=13937

Has anyone ever tested this on Kronos and/or knows how it should work?

Regards,

Runshiftrun

i think it does work, I've read threads about how +9 to 2h is an alternative to the 2h agi enchant for bear tanking, it is the chance on weapon hit that doesnt work for shapeshifted druids.

so it's sort of hearsay but I can see it working, then again not sure if weapon top end affects druid melee attacks

Not really the topic BUT does Hand of Justice works for ferals?
thx

Yea hoj works but 2% for another attack is low so people use other better stuff.Other classes as rogues and warr have passives to make it better chance wise.

@the 25agil works too.

In bear form your weapon is a stat stick. Raw stats are always supposed to work.

Weapon top end damage does not matter. Only Attack power.

"rogues and warr have passives to make it better chance wise" Not sure what you mean by "passives". 2% chance is 2% chance. A 2.9 speed warrior has 2% chance per hit. They have instant abilities that are on a global CD which help the proc, but nothing is "passive".

Rogue same thing as warrior, factor in a 2.6 speed weapon.

A cat attacks at 1.0 speed, and also has their own instant attacks. So even with slice and dice up on a rogue, cat attacks more often.

That being said, an extra attack for somebody attacking with a 1 second delay is a smaller damage proc than if HoJ procced with somebody swinging a harder hitting top end weapon.

All chance on hit gear that isn't a weapon should work for a druid cat, including DMC: Maelstrom, and 2/4 stormshroud set, and 3/4 stormshroud set.

+1 Damage is around 14 AP for druid.

The +4 damage ring (Might of Cenarius) = 56 AP (and also get the 1 hit) BiS ring for cat.

This also means the +9 damage to weapon bug = 126 AP, much better than 25 str = 50 ap pre-buffed.

Melee ZG Hero Charm beats earth strike as well by about 2.3DPS.:

Earthstrike
Use: Increase AP by 280 for 20 Seconds (Cooldown: 2 Minutes)
280 / 6 = 46,7 AP = 46,7 Dps Points
In total: 46,7 Dps Points

Melee Hero Medallion
Increase Melee Damage by 40 for 20 Seconds (Decreases by 2 with every Ability / Auto Attack that lands on the target)(Cooldown: 2 Minutes)
Since ferals attacks atleast once per second. You should get the full effect every time you use it.The sequence goes like this
Use
Hit one: 40 Added Dmg
Hit two: 38 Added Dmg
Hit three: 36 Added Dmg
Repeat this untill the stacks on the buff goes to 0.
Math: 40+38+36+34+32+30+28+26+24+22+20+18+16+14+12+10+8+6+4+2=420 Added Damage.
420 Damage / 120 Seconds = 3,5 Damage
3,5 Damage * 14 AP = 49 Dps Points

Last edited:
@the 25agil works too.

In bear form your weapon is a stat stick. Raw stats are always supposed to work.

Weapon top end damage does not matter. Only Attack power.

"rogues and warr have passives to make it better chance wise" Not sure what you mean by "passives". 2% chance is 2% chance. A 2.9 speed warrior has 2% chance per hit. They have instant abilities that are on a global CD which help the proc, but nothing is "passive".

Rogue same thing as warrior, factor in a 2.6 speed weapon.

A cat attacks at 1.0 speed, and also has their own instant attacks. So even with slice and dice up on a rogue, cat attacks more often.

That being said, an extra attack for somebody attacking with a 1 second delay is a smaller damage proc than if HoJ procced with somebody swinging a harder hitting top end weapon.

All chance on hit gear that isn't a weapon should work for a druid cat, including DMC: Maelstrom, and 2/4 stormshroud set, and 3/4 stormshroud set.

+1 Damage is around 14 AP for druid.

The +4 damage ring (Might of Cenarius) = 56 AP (and also get the 1 hit) BiS ring for cat.

This also means the +9 damage to weapon bug = 126 AP, much better than 25 str = 50 ap pre-buffed.

Melee ZG Hero Charm beats earth strike as well by about 2.3DPS.:

Earthstrike
Use: Increase AP by 280 for 20 Seconds (Cooldown: 2 Minutes)
280 / 6 = 46,7 AP = 46,7 Dps Points
In total: 46,7 Dps Points

Melee Hero Medallion
Increase Melee Damage by 40 for 20 Seconds (Decreases by 2 with every Ability / Auto Attack that lands on the target)(Cooldown: 2 Minutes)
Since ferals attacks atleast once per second. You should get the full effect every time you use it.The sequence goes like this
Use
Hit one: 40 Added Dmg
Hit two: 38 Added Dmg
Hit three: 36 Added Dmg
Repeat this untill the stacks on the buff goes to 0.
Math: 40+38+36+34+32+30+28+26+24+22+20+18+16+14+12+10+8+6+4+2=420 Added Damage.
420 Damage / 120 Seconds = 3,5 Damage
3,5 Damage * 14 AP = 49 Dps Points

It's 14 AP for 1 dps. So earthstrike would increase dps by 20 for 20 seconds. In other words your damage goes up by 20 on regular hits. If you realize that the medallion only does win out for half of its effect you will also see it falls behind for the second half. Notice also that the attack speed of cat form is 1 second. That means your normal attacks will eat the buff, drastically reducing it's effectiveness by reducing the uptime. An uptime of 20 seconds or longer would be needed to tie the two trinkets at a basic level which shouldn't be happening as a feral.

For total dps it is obviously desirable to choose earthstrike, if you want more burst the medallion can help.

Yeah, Earthstrike will add 400 damage on basic attacks and more than that with abilities, so it's definitely better than hero medallion, but one should just use both with addon for auto trinket swap on cd with Earthstrike having higher priority in it.

I bope they don't fix the +9 damage enchant, its not like feral is a viable dps spec even with the boost but it sure helps.

since Hand of Justice is considered a really good trinket for war,rog,enhance,etc. should I get it for my druid as well? maybe pair it with hearth of wyrmthalak or darkmoon card since it gets a little bit higher proc chance now or just stick with blackhand's breadth?

Top Bottom