• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Does WoW Classic work on MAC OS High Sierra?

passon16

I hope this is the right forum. As the title says. Is it compatible? I downloaded the file once and kept getting the "quit unexpectedly" error. Am I doing something wrong in the install process?

Thanks

I'd recommend downloading the windows version of the game and running it with wine. worked alot better for me when I had a mac.

I certainly hope it does (high Sierra as well here)! I'm currently downloading the installer and TBH it is quite a show. This storage 'MEGAsync' to which the official link on the vanilla page points to is a poor choice of place to put the install file.. I barely get to 1.3MB/s download and I have a fast and stable connection. However the problem is have 5GB traffic limit (transfer quota).. which is just about enough but not really. It is 5.55GB file. So to get those remaining .55GB I have to wait an hour long cooldown.

Edit: ok i could NOT download the file.. fortuanteley all the needed info was waiting for me in the Discord chanels!
* The torrent from the link did not have any seeders so I downloaded "(Mac) World of Warcraft 1.12.1 - Vanilla - Emerald Dream"
from there. It all works just fine. Thanks, cya inside! :)

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 12.40.09.png

Last edited:
Yeah it works on High Sierra as that's what I'm using. But like the above poster said, wineskin is great and can bypass lots of bugs from Mac.

Also try playing on Windowed mode. I'm getting the "quit unexpectedly" error too quite a lot but all it's doing is bringing up a crash report (DO NOT CLICK IT) and you can continue just fine as long as you refocus the WoW window. I think when I was using fullscreen it was forcing me to reboot the entire client (ugh).

if anybody is still having issues running the mac version on high sierra, trying starting the application from the terminal (the wow folder already being unzipped and placed in your applications folder):

sudo /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft\ Classic/WoW\ Classic.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft

it can break on modern mac OS due to permissioning, for which running as root fixes

I had the same problem and did what speedstar did. You can also just right click "World of Warcraft.app" and show its contents. Go to "Contents/MacOS". Right-click "World of Warcraft", create an alias and move it wherever you like. To run the game just double-click the alias.

I had the same problem and did what speedstar did. You can also just right click "World of Warcraft.app" and show its contents. Go to "Contents/MacOS". Right-click "World of Warcraft", create an alias and move it wherever you like. To run the game just double-click the alias.
This was the solution I have been searching for, thanks Hadana! :)

I hope this is the right forum. As the title says. Is it compatible? I downloaded the file once and kept getting the "quit unexpectedly" error. Am I doing something wrong in the install process?

Thanks
i just fixd mine i anyone stille haf problem

i right-clicked on wow in folder and then clicked show package content went into content> macos> world of warcraft

and then it started the game without any problems

Top Bottom