• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geigerkind

Authorized
[Release] DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

DPSMate (Release)
A combat analyzation tool

What is DPSMate?
DPSMate is not only a meter which shows numbers of the raid, such as damage done, damage taken, dispells etc., it is moreover an analyzing tool to review the raid or the previous fight as accurately as possible. This data can help to improve the gameplay or to judge better over someones performance.

UWEgLn9.png

Mentionable features of DPSMate
Frame:
- Several frames, allowing to show different modes at the same time
- Resizable, allowing to adjust it to the interface
- Fully costumizable by using the configuration menu

Modes:
- ~40 different modes
Some of them are:
- Healing and Absorbs (Effective healing and Absorbs)
- Deaths, recall your or someones death
- Dispells, showing everyones dispells including hot dispells such as Abolish Poison
- Interrupts, including stuns and silences
- Auras (Gained, Lost and Uptime)

- Compare mode
- etc.

Misc:
- Several Segments (Total, Current, and previous fights)
- Synchronizing, to guarantee accurate data
- Report function for every mode and everys player data

- An own evaluation site to compare to revamp the raid and compare to other guilds: Legacy Logs
- And many more...

But pictures tell more than words:
gG3fHSR.png

df71a4bb0cdf5cb51cd51d96296177a6.png

acsgyPb.gif

R8yxnZX.png

wWZHbeu.png

Uezcowg.png

Ine09Kp.png

eEIL8i5.png

a045046b53246a133461939067a0dbc6.png

Download and install:
(only english/german clients supported currently)
1. Download the addon folder here.
2. Rename the folder to "DPSMate"
3. I recommend to increase the addon memory to 150 mb.
4. Remove DPSMate.lua and DPSMate.lua.bak in your WTF/Account/YOUR ACC NAME/Kronos/YOUR CHAR NAME/SavedVariables/ (if you had DPSMate installed before)
5. I recommend to disable SW_Stats.

Legacy Logs:
Legacy Logs is an world of logs-like evaluation site, using DPSMate to give you an indeph analyzation of your raid.

Please check it out, I would be very happy to see some logs from K1 and K2!

It looks like this: (Link)
31527f36b405dcd131ff495a4f96201b.png

Other Addons:

I really don't want to spam my forum with all of my addons. However if you like this one, you may want to take a look at my other addons. You can find a full list here.

Ending Words:

This addon has been in development since the 11.09.2015 until 29.08.2016. That results into a development time of 352 days. It was a please making this tool!

Support me!
1. Report bugs that you found.
2. Suggest improvements in this thread.
3. You can also donate for my projects if you like.

cheers!
Shino

Last edited:
DAMN! Very nice job man! I look forward to download it :yes:

Look at that sexy Blood Elf in the background!

NEED!! Looks awesome. Please share as soon as possible :w00t:

Is it possible to track who used a specific ability on Raid boss like who used Rend on Raid boss or will it also show up on Reports?

Last edited:
Adapted and modified Recount? :laugh:

Thanks for the work man, this was really needed. Cheers!

this looks very impressive. but it also looks like a huge addon. it seems like it tracks every possible thing imaginable in raids. how much memory does it take? and will it be possible to only use a selection of the tools, and not have the entire thing spend ressources in the background

this looks very impressive. but it also looks like a huge addon. it seems like it tracks every possible thing imaginable in raids. how much memory does it take? and will it be possible to only use a selection of the tools, and not have the entire thing spend ressources in the background

It does collect a lot of data but it does not waste your ressources by that. As long as your computer is not 10 years old, this addon should work flawlessly. But there will be an Option to disable certain collections.

Would be so awesome to have this incl. realmplayers support and syncing between raidmembers. Great job, looking forward to the release!

we can have an alpha version for testing ingame?
you know: more users = more chances to reveal some hidden bugs! :D

oppahansi, I recently found your Twitch by accident while looking something up about Thymeleaf for work.
Then your GitHub, then remembered you from here. Just figured I'd let you know because I thought that was a hilarious coincidence.

I literally feel like I can't wait... this is the best thing since the release of the Witcher

I literally feel like I can't wait... this is the best thing since the release of the Witcher

Haha, thank you :wub:

Small update:
Dilatazu (Realmplayers coder) and me have finally implemented DPSMate into the Realmplayers collecting addon. This is being tested now.
Also a test with 20 people has produced no lags at all. Still Im going to improve the syncing, because I plan to synchronize even more information.
Minor bugs have been found during the testing, those have to be troubleshooted now.
Also Im currently in the prepare phase for my finishing exams at school, which is why I cant promise any major progress for the next 4 weeks, I am sorry.

Last edited:
Don't be sorry, this is looking awesome and you have the right to use as much time as you need. GL on your exams, they need more priority over this :D! We will eagerly wait though ;)

Fixed the realmplayers addon now. Im going to test it properly on sunday and give the logs to Dilatazu to check. I will report the results!

cheers!

DPSMate - Closed Beta

Starting today the closed beta of DPSMate will start. I will give out 100 licenses for this addon until the closed beta closes.
Judging by the name "beta" it may cause some issues that need to be reported and troubleshooted. Also new suggestions could come up for future features. A list of future features can be found at the first post of this topic.

So, what are those licenses about, you may ask:

I have been working on this addon since 8 months now, which means that I spend a lot of time developing that addon to bring it to its current state. *Edit* Therefore I have introduced a license system in order to distribute it to people only that show a certain kind of appreatiation. *Edit*

How am I able to get a version?:
*Edit*

I will update this thread frequently in order to keep you up to date, how many licenses are still available or if I updated the addon. When I updated the addon, just reuse the download link I gave you.

Cool, I got the addon now, do I have to configure something?:
- If you had a version prior to 1 for some reason, delete DPSMate.lua and DPSMate.lua.bak in this directory: WTF/Account/YOURACCNAME/Kronos/YOURCHARNAME/SavedVariables/
- Increase your addon memory in your addon tab of your character screen to at least 150 mb. You can find the number in the upper right corner of the tab.
- Disable SW_Stats since both addons eat a lot of resources.

If you encounter any other major problem then feel free to PM me in this forum. Together we will solve the problem.

I found a bug, what do I have to do?
Please report the bug in the Bugtracker please.
- Describe what happend
- Where did it happen
- When did it happen
- How did it happen (if you know how to reproduce it)
- And the error message it was reporting to you.

I have an suggestions for an future feature!:
Thats cool, then feel free to write it into this thread and I will add it to the list when I feel that this is a solid addition.

cheers
Shino

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are making progress. I cannot chip in but would still be willing to gather data from Horde side. Longterm realmplayers contributor here, recording all the <Friends> raids. If you are interested in our data I'd happily help out. Just send a PM my way.

Cheers

Top Bottom