• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Build 75:
- Dispel fixes
- Fixed some parsing issues
- Added combat time display live beside the indicator and in the segment tooltip

cheers!

There's currently a bug with (at least) Windfury Totem on the damage breakdown. It goes a little like this:

Swing with windfury proc: count of Windfury Totem goes up to 1. White swing count goes up to 1.
Swing without windfury proc directly after: count of Windfury Totem goes up to 2. White swing count stays at 1.
On the second, non-windfury swing following a windfury swing, the damage from the white swing gets put into windfury totem breakdown instead of white swing damage. It's essentially doubling Windfury Totem damage in the breakdown while taking away from white swings.

Combat log:
You gain 1 extra attack through Windfury Totem.
You hit Undercity Practice Dummy for 363. (glancing)
You hit Undercity Practice Dummy for 396. (glancing)
Damage breakdown at this point is 1 count of white swing (396), 1 count of Windfury Totem (363) (which may be another bug, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be 363 white and 396 Windfury or not).
After that swing:
You hit Undercity Practice Dummy for 312. (glancing)
Damage breakdown at this point is 1 count of white swing (396), 2 counts of Windfury Totem (363, 312). It should be 2 white swings (396, 312) and 1 Windfury totem swing (363).

The total damage is correct, the parsing/breakdown is wrong.

:)

Last edited:
Hey,

It is supposed to count one white hit as Windfury ability, since it is basically not a hit but rather the ability windfury.

As I understand you now it breaks 2 hits down into 1 white hit and 2 windfury attacks?

cheers!

Hey,

It is supposed to count one white hit as Windfury ability, since it is basically not a hit but rather the ability windfury.

As I understand you now it breaks 2 hits down into 1 white hit and 2 windfury attacks?

cheers!
Yeah. My guess is that you're also parsing the line after it says "You gain Windfury Totem.", which is the line after the two swings (1 white, 1 windfury) have already happened. The actual windfury trigger line is "You gain 1 extra attack through Windfury Totem." I guess I should've specified that above.

You gain Windfury Totem. // meaningless line
You hit Undercity Practice Dummy for 312. (glancing)

So it's storing the 312 as a windfury swing instead of a white swing, because of, I'm guessing, the "You gain Windfury Totem." line in the combat log. Whenever you get a windfury proc, it directly follows "You gain 1 extra attack through Windfury Totem." I hope this makes sense

http://i.imgur.com/rE8OyAH.png
That's 1 windfury proc, maybe this helps.

tldr You are parsing the line directly after any line that has "windfury" in it, I'm guessing. It always goes:

You gain 1 extra attack through Windfury Totem. (the actual windfury trigger line)
hit
hit
You gain Windfury Totem. (combat log bullshit)

for 1 windfury proc.

Last edited:
Hmm,

You are playing warrior and you get the totem from someone?
It used to not output an extra swing event, which is why I checked the gain event.

I am going to work on it now, thanks for the report!

cheers!

On top of this, Windfury is being broken down incorrectly.

For example:

DPSMate will break down the first line:

as windury,

and the second line:

as a white swing.

It should instead count the second swing as a windfury totem swing and the first swing as a white swing as shown in this example of me on a level 1 with 35 attack power and rank 3 windfury totem:

http://i.imgur.com/nYhh8Ub.png

Seeing as how my damage range is 10-12, it's pretty clear that the second hit is the one that benefited from the additional attack power from Windfury Totem.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm,

You are playing warrior and you get the totem from someone?
It used to not output an extra swing event, which is why I checked the gain event.

I am going to work on it now, thanks for the report!

cheers!
Yeah I'm 2-boxing a shaman and dropping WF totem.

Last edited:
Okay fixed it now, please try.
Still testing, but it seems as though the damage from mousing over the player on the damage meter is no longer tracking windfury; the damage from windfury is merged with white swings. It only shows when you click it:
http://i.imgur.com/GRhrSRj.png

It's still not storing the correct swing into windfury:
http://i.imgur.com/bUZxkMi.png
This is all tested without an offhand. This bug only occurs when a white swing procs windfury, resulting in two white swings directly after the windfury combat log line.

The "You gain Windfury Totem." issue with a white swing being rolled into Windfury breakdown has been fixed it seems.

Last edited:
@up I tryed another fix, please try.

I am going to announce the majority of updates now on twitter, because recently it has become a little much work to update every forum thread if a new update has been applied.

So if you are interested, consider following me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LegacyLogs

cheers!

Last edited:
Just a minor thing I noticed when just checking out the config, the color picker frame show under the config frame.

-Edit-
When changing bar font flags for Title bar, the font for the title bar that is displayed on the damage frame resets.

Last edited:
Just a minor thing I noticed when just checking out the config, the color picker frame show under the config frame.

-Edit-
When changing bar font flags for Title bar, the font for the title bar that is displayed on the damage frame resets.

Fixed. (Actually already a while ago)

Also: !!IMPORTANT!!
Please download the new version auf the Legacy Logs launcher to solve the server is not available problem!

cheers!

For me only the java exe is working, which is not included in the latest client.zip.
Also something annoying is that each time the client updates, all the data from the addon is deleted. so basically when you raid, forgot to start LL client and start it after raid, update comes, whole raid data is gone.

Yah, I am working on the java version. But I am not very experienced with Java unfortunately, so it may take while.

Secondly, it is supposed to clear the logs, to prevent cheating and double uploads. Please just make sure to not forget to start the client.

I am thinking about an manual upload button. Will be included in a later version though.

cheers!

The java launcher is fixed now as well. Also the reupload button will attempt to upload logs now, even if you forgot to start it beforehand.

Why does DPSMate come to be not exactly accurate with my Kronos Logs from raids? It's not relatively closely to be honest

What do you mean?
In terms of dps or damage in total?

The time measured is differently to Kronos Logs and not always the same. DPSMate measures a little more always.

Ah okay.
The time is different. Whereas the time is counted from the first hit to the last hit on Kronos Logs, ingame I can't determine this precisely, so ingame the time is measured from the first infight to outfight.

This results in most cases in an higher time and lower dps therefore.

cheers!

I just don't get it...

DPSMate never seems to be accurate in comparison to Kronos Logs.....why...I want this addon to be 100% accurate

Top Bottom