• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because you most likely don't have enough people using DPSmate. Three is the absolute minimum amount of people you need running DPSmate to have raidwide accuracy, you have to realize these addons only collect data from those nearby the people running the addon. So if you have just 1 person running the addon and he's a melee, he's generally only collecting data from the melee and those nearby.

If you are the only person running DPS mate it's really only going to be 100% accurate for you.

Also there are certain information that I can't collect ingame and Kronos Logs has access to.
For example, for people that are using guardians like timbermaw defender, chicken etc., I can't tell by the combat log, whose guardian that is.

However, there is always the possibility that I missed something crucial, so if you can help me to pinpoint the difference, please tell me :)

cheers!

Is it doubled in the stats as well or only in the overview?

Also which version of DPSMate are you using?

Last edited:
Is it doubled in the stats as well or only in the overview?

Also which version of DPSMate are you using?
Both, and the most recent version.

When that hunter left the raid group, his damage disappeared from the meter. Not sure if this help but eh.

Last edited:
I am really having trouble to reproduce it. Does it happen to every hunter in your group?
Do you have any special settings?

cheers!

I really like your addon, but since like 3-4 updates it creates random screen freezes when I aoe. Resetted it b4 raid, got enough memory, don't have tons of other addons. Deactivated it -> no more freezes. And it only happens in raids with many people aoeing at the same time.

hey i have a problem with dpsmate. when i use a shield spell like ice barrier it says DpsMate: Send:IceBarrier
in chat

For me the freezes always came when many people at once started aoe. Is there mb a way to just log a whole fight and when you go ooc process the data? Or only log and process the data before upload? I know this gives people the opportunity to fake logs but shouldn't it be faster that way?

It is about time:
I am very proud to release Build 92, after astonishing 134 commits since the last one.
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who reported bugs, suggested their ideas and I'd especially like to thank the following persons for helping me so much with the localization!
M2us - He just the the whole ruRU localization by himself (including the parser)
ITTranslator - He did the translations for frFR
Darkmiao - The translation to zhCN
Also shishan, devilyer, yinlunwei, JJasonYuen and korolevlong who assisted me creatly in the process of doing the zhCN parser.
I hope I didn't forget someone :3
So what did change: Here are the things I can remember:

Fixed the crashes on logout

Added delayed report function
Fixed interrupt tracking for Counterspell, Silence and Spell Lock
Added zhCN localization
Added ruRU localization (HUGE THANKS TO MAUS)
Added frFR localization
Added some forgotten disable events
Fixed several pet issues involving same name as hunter and same name as someone in the raid
Improved all tooltips significantly
Fixed an issue with consolidating values
Fixed an comma issue (Thanks to @martinjlowm)
Completly restructured DPSMate to decrease the loading time depending on how many modules are enabled now.
You can now choose which modules you'd like to activate. With all modules activated the loading time is around 3 seconds, the default module loads in 0.12s.
If a module is not activated, it is not going to be tracked to save memory and performance
Added legacylog option which has to be enabled to track for legacy logs
Removed unused libraries
Added Bindings to toggle Dpsmate etc.
Fixed several path issues
Fixed several syning issues
It tries now to sync even infight
Overall improved syncing performance
Fixed several lua errors for compare
Improved runtime performance overall
Added parsings for env. damage swimming in slime and fire
Fixed an issue with the parser for hits with a school
Fixed lots of typos

Added new fonts (If you used one of the old ones please reset the settings in your acc folder)
Changed the default design
Updated the readme with some cool pictures

So what is important:
Comming with tommorrow morning Build 92 will be supported on Legacy Logs.
If you want to record data, please make sure to check this button in the Raid leader options:
b53TfW0.png

Also I have changed the fonts and deleted some very ugly ones. If you used one of these you might have an error on load up. Just change these then.

The modulization:
With Build 92 the modulization is being introduced: Before it took 3 seconds to load DPSMate.
If you now only load the default addon that includes Damage done and DPS, you can load it up in 0.12s.
With each module the loading time is increased, up to 3 seconds with all modules activated.
If you deactivate these modules, no data will be collected for it, except the Legacy Logs Button is checked.

As always there might be lots of errors, especially with all these new localizations and the new system.
Please report these, so I can fix them as soon as possible!
cheers!
Shino

Shino! Shino! He's our man
If he can't do it no-one can!!

Aren't you getting bored of this by now?

I don't know if you already fixed this, but up to build 94, when you disable several modules, the add-on stops tracking segments (you can't see like, Razorgore, then Vaelstrasz, Broodlord, etc.), so you can only see the total or the current fight semgent. The only way the add-on tracks segments is having all the modules enabled.

I don't know if you already fixed this, but up to build 94, when you disable several modules, the add-on stops tracking segments (you can't see like, Razorgore, then Vaelstrasz, Broodlord, etc.), so you can only see the total or the current fight semgent. The only way the add-on tracks segments is having all the modules enabled.

Fixed in B101

Shino! Shino! He's our man
If he can't do it no-one can!!

Aren't you getting bored of this by now?

A little, but I am getting closer towards the end :O

i dont know why i got this problem but all this new versions dont seem to work for me here is what i did, i downloaded them renamed then to DPSMate after extracting put them into the addon folder but it doesnt show up in the addon list the latest i can use is build 88 or something

Thanks Shino, I'll test it out when I have some time ^^

i dont know why i got this problem but all this new versions dont seem to work for me here is what i did, i downloaded them renamed then to DPSMate after extracting put them into the addon folder but it doesnt show up in the addon list the latest i can use is build 88 or something

You have to put all the sub-folders (modules) into the AddOns wow folder now, instead of just rename the DPSMate main folder. That means that now in your addons folder you won't have only 1 folder called DPSMate, but rather many folders (DPSMate, DPSMate_Auras, DPSMate_Dispels... etc.). Since now the add on is divided in different modules, it is the only way WoW can recognize each module individually.

Top Bottom