• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Drakedog spec

Hawksworth

Hello

I want to try the whole seduce/nuke spec thing, it was one of the few specs I didn't try back in retail vanilla. I understand Drakedog was considered a bit of a master at this so I want to find out his spec. I can piece together most of it I think but would like to see the actual thing.

I have googled it but all the links are to wow provider which no longer appears to be up and running. Can anyone link me to a non wow-provider talent calculator for it please?#

Many thanks

it looks so much fun though, the destro tree does generally. How did he manage to do so well with it?

Was thinking to go affliction for a good few levels anyway as I guess you need conflag to be truly effective. Could you link to your favoured spec please?

Thanks for reply.

Did he really do well? What you see in his movies are exceptional scenes. Most of which he crit more often then usual. I think you get the picture.

The spec works, it surely does, but its not as effective as affliction. For example, you can spec high crit chances for Searing Pain. Sounds good, right? Well, Shadow Bolt deals just as much, or even more, damage then a Searing Pain crit with just a regular hit.
If its seduce nuking that you want you can also do that as affliction. No need to go destro.

If you still want to go destro, just do it. Its fun to play and with a bit experience you can also work arround the specs flaws. Just don't expect that every PvP encounter will end like in drake dogs videos :p

For leveling though, never go destro. Its inferior to any other spec by a huge margin.

I would not max out Suppression if my main focus is PvP. 1 point is usually enough. PvP hitcap for spells is 3%. Anything more is a waste of points.
5/5 Fel Concentration can be good. I am not a huge fan of drain life tanking in PvP though. There are hardly any situations were you can channel it without risking to get your shadow school locked.
2/5 Aftermath is okay I guess. Ususally I take 2/5 Cataclysm for less mana cost. Mainly cause I also PvE with this spec too.

1 suggestion. Consider taking Curse of Exhaustion. It might not seem useful at the start. Once you get use to it and learn to utilize it well you will find that its pretty much the best talents points you spent. Especially vs melee classes.

As a warlock I must say I dont agree!
"Drakedog" spec is the spec ive been playing lately and i dunno if its the best or not (never played affliction, never gonna do it), but at least it is goddamn fun! Specially on duels and 1v1s, you cantón help it but Lol at the 3k soulfire crits!
Still fully viable even tho Lharts says its not ;-)

Well my thinking is that affliction has the more useful talents to begin with so wouldn't have been switching to destro until later anyway. It's also good to sample all the flavours of Warlock, there is quite a bit of variation between specs it seems. Have to say I'm enjoying it all so far and will doubtless be sampling destro for myself at later levels:)

Leido, you totally misunderstood. Destro is viable. In the long run you will just find that affliction is way superior though. Like hemo vs AR. AR works too, while hemo is the better option most of the time.

Another downside to destro, you will lose sould shards quite quickly in BGs.

Because everyone back then sucked utter dick at the game except a few people.

I remember once fighting a druid who just auto attacked me in normal human form whilst spelling the instant hot on themselves every GCD (not even allowing it time to tick once effectively just making it useless)

Level 45 at the time lol, thats how bad people were, believe me, i was there lol, It was childs play back then.

Drakedog did get better though.

Top Bottom