• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Druid guides for vanilla?

FayWrey

So I'm rolling drood to play around with as an alt and I logged in here to see if there were any guides on what stats to use in each form, gear, etc etc and the only guide stickied at the top is deleted. Anyone know any good guides that apply to vanilla? and how come there aren't any in this forum? Thx!

So I'm rolling drood to play around with as an alt and I logged in here to see if there were any guides on what stats to use in each form, gear, etc etc and the only guide stickied at the top is deleted. Anyone know any good guides that apply to vanilla? and how come there aren't any in this forum? Thx!

Here's a link shamelessly stolen from Nostalrius forums:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wGBasFY8fFGpBtiD1TAUBB99wxboCSVh5MW_6b_z0oU/pubhtml#

A complete spreadsheet of all best items for each slot for all specs and roles.

Sweet ty! Outside of stam, are the value of stats roughly the same for bear and cat form? or should they both focus on agility? the bear for dodge and the cat for damage?

Sweet ty! Outside of stam, are the value of stats roughly the same for bear and cat form? or should they both focus on agility? the bear for dodge and the cat for damage?
Bear - focus mainly on armor on items, stam , agility, dodge
Cat - focus on getting hit cap, then str/AP (until cca 2400AP) and then focus more on agi/crit. Items with raw stats are usually very powerfull, because of the modificator on str and agi providing with both AP and crit in cat

This is how I understand feral.

Most on-hit effects don't work in bear/cat form.
The firedmg proc trinket from UBRS works fine for me. Don't tell me I gathered the elemental deck for nothing, after seeing several statements that it should work perfectly for feral.

The Mealstrom card works fine. The nuance here being that it is something that procs of anything that hits your target.

What Bolverk means is that all weapons that are chance-on-hit don't work for ferals. Because you are simply not hitting your target with the weapon.

You should farm the mace from gnomeragon. It may only have 3 charges per but sharpening stones are cheap and the 50% increase in attack speed is huge especially when you realize you don't benefit from weapon dps.

Thanks guys. Never have done druid before. From the way I understood it bear and cat forms boosted your raw stats, but I just got bear form and all it boosted was my armor value from items and game me a small flat increase in stam. Is this normal? What does cat boost? Also what's the hit cap for druids? I take since you technically don't use a weapon you don't have to worry about dual wielding, but is there a difference between yellow and white hit cap?

That's exactly how bear form works. At 40 you get Dire Bear Form which is just a further boost on those stats. Cat form gives you more AP and Agility.

I'm not sure what the hitcap is at for Ferals since at 60 you'll probably be raiding as resto anyway.

Thanks guys. Never have done druid before. From the way I understood it bear and cat forms boosted your raw stats, but I just got bear form and all it boosted was my armor value from items and game me a small flat increase in stam. Is this normal? What does cat boost? Also what's the hit cap for druids? I take since you technically don't use a weapon you don't have to worry about dual wielding, but is there a difference between yellow and white hit cap?
Bear boosts your armor and gives you flat HP bonus based on your level (talent Heart of the Wild gives 20% stamina bonus)
Cat gives you AP based on your agility 1:1 (talent Heart of the Wild gives 20% strength boost, talent Predatory Strikes gives AP based on your level and talent Feline Swiftness gives flat 6% dodge bonus)

Feral hit cap should be the same as any mellee using one onehander or twohander (5% against lvl 60, 8% against bosses - lvl 63) - 5% and 8% is the same for both white and special attacks (the miss percentage is different only when dualwielding)

You should farm the mace from gnomeragon. It may only have 3 charges per but sharpening stones are cheap and the 50% increase in attack speed is huge especially when you realize you don't benefit from weapon dps.

Yeah but the on-use effect only being usable 3 times kind of makes it a waste of time dont you think?

Yeah but the on-use effect only being usable 3 times kind of makes it a waste of time dont you think?
You can get easily 2-3 drops in 5 runs. Runs take just few minutes with prowl.

Also it is only usefull for static fights, so I am using it for only 2-3 bosses per raid.

You can get easily 2-3 drops in 5 runs. Runs take just few minutes with prowl.

Also it is only usefull for static fights, so I am using it for only 2-3 bosses per raid.

Okay, so using it as a consumable? That's innovative thinking!

It's not, that and wolfheads powershifting +demonic rune farm is the basic to go from crappy dps in raid to decent/good and making you worth taking in raid.

This is the difference between a 300-400dps cat and a 800dps cat on single target 1 mins fight.

My druid is bis geared for tanking, ok, but that's weird that i got a top 15 dps spot for druid in bear form with 350-390dps on ebonroc/flamegor/firemaw outdpsing cat while i am tanking.

If you want ferals getting recognition, people needs to improve and play the class fully...

It's not, that and wolfheads powershifting +demonic rune farm is the basic to go from crappy dps in raid to decent/good and making you worth taking in raid.

This is the difference between a 300-400dps cat and a 800dps cat on single target 1 mins fight.

My druid is bis geared for tanking, ok, but that's weird that i got a top 15 dps spot for druid in bear form with 350-390dps on ebonroc/flamegor/firemaw outdpsing cat while i am tanking.

If you want ferals getting recognition, people needs to improve and play the class fully...

This. Good DPS as feral is more about perfectly timed powershifts, mana sustain, and resourceful energy use than it is about the gnomer mace. It just happens to be a niche item for ferals, but it's effectiveness tapers off on fights lasting longer than a minute thirty seconds and when you can not fully abuse the buff (fights like ragnaros and chrommagus that require you to pull away from the boss).

Top Bottom