• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid help!

Draakmis

im a mid 30s druid Feral spec, and no matter who or what, or even the lvl of the player i might as well roll over and let them kill me. Could anyone out there help me with pvp? basics how to pvp as a feral, what to open with what finisher. and tips and tricks. anything please!?! Its becoming less and less fun trying to do anything out in world.

Early druid pvp can be tricky because you have very little mana to spare. First of all i strongly recommend to put one point into natures grasp. This can save you very often. Lets look at two pvp situations: 1) you get attacked first. If that is the case, no matter what class, but especially ranged classes will kill you. Therefore do what druids can do best and run away. When safe, eat/drink heal and return to you enemy and now you are in situation number 2) 2) you can get the first hit. Go in as cat and pounce the enemy, one rake and one rip. Then one moonfire. Then go bear to and melee the enemy. Bash them if they heal themselfs or you need a heal. Try to avoid shapeshifting too much it gets you oom very fast. Also get the pvp trinket. It removes fear which is very important as a druid

Re fear: yes, a lock 3 lvls lower than me fully doted me up had its pet on me and draining life.. and I ate the FULL duration of the fear, THREE time. Dose fear not break on damage/dr? Yeah is seems no matter what class they pop on me first I should just accept that I have a long run back. I just got pounce so that might help, the stun/dot would give me more time to get the other two bleeds up, and thank you for those opener tips. I know how to pvp (well) at 60, but that’s in my resto spec with full abilities, I never really play full feral in pvp, ever. I need to get rank 3 for the trinket, I just wanted to spend my time trying to level this terrible grind. But I guess I really should take the time to get that. Thank you!

Fear breaking used to be based on the damage taken from the hit compared to your max health. Dots and drain life hit for rather measly sums at lower levels of experience and gear, so they're pretty unlikely to break the fear on themselves. As a druid you have a plenty of tools to counter fear, even without the pvp trinket. For example, you can feral charge the first fear, bash the second, outrange/los the third and if he didn't put up a coa or siphon life you can probably get dash up, restealth and go for a second opener once the bash dr falls off. This alone will probably force a coil or petsac. Warlocks don't have any pushback reduction other than a petsac in vanilla either, so you can just spam r1 moonfire while running away to further delay the cast. They'll eventually get it off after a few globals, but you should be out of their reach at that point. Against deathcoil (if you don't have the pvp trinket) it's probably the safest bet to either just cast a regrowth off the second pounce instead of the other dots and bearform instantly after if they're low enough or in the odd case where it's possible, position so that you can get behind a pillar during the travel time. Popping anything that summons minions and hoping for them to do enough pushback can also work given they don't have a petsac active. If you want to be fancy you can try and save bash for the coil or vw if he hasn't sacced yet and you're feeling you can finish them off during a bash, but while pretty neat to do in a duel is probably not very reliable to do in the world at level 30.

Wanted to add but the forum doesn't let me edit: The problem with feral charge on Kronos is that with their new and improved™ charge mechanic the interrupt has a longer delay than mind freeze and a really obvious animation so almost every player will be able to fake it.

Top Bottom