• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Druid vs Shaman /heal

Spufy

Authorized
I know after AQ Shaman win the battle..and mostneed on Naxx..but what about pre-AQ.I just love to play shaman(more easy to leveling,farm,more fun more usefull for me ),but what i see--->most of the ppl need druid in 5man dungeron/raind's.So if roll Shaman did have some chance to go dungeon or will be Lonly Wolf :biggrin:

Agree with Nelsha, shaman might be even more prefered for melee groups coz of WF totem and str, agil boost.

Who is picky with classes in 5mans?

Druids and paladins can even tank them w/o problem, so why wouldnt a shaman be able to heal ^^

well...so as i/you think shaman heal will be no so bad idea.+Alchemy for more support :biggrin:
PS:Hype is real

I don't think that's a coincidence though! On retail there are Druids everywhere because they rock and allow for multiple playstyle.

In Vanilla Druid itemization sucks (compared to retail) so one needs to really be patient with gearing to really get to enjoy it fully.

As a general thing hybrid itemization in vanilla is quite terrible. I would say of all hybrids SPriest is better off with all the +spdmg gear around.

Hm....why all Play shaman/Tauren/I mean i know why buy....Think ill be only1 who will roll orc or troll shaman... :blink:

hmm as i wrote in our guild forum, we could definetly need one or another druid.. but at this point it's not so important what someone needs, play what u like more, just wanted to mention^^

This is simple, imo. If I had make a choice and could not take both, I'd take Shaman nearly every time. You only need as many druids as you need Innervates. I know that's harsh to say, but there was a reason they were the least played class in vanilla. They had no raid viability.

I played a druid in retail TBC (Crushingdoom, Steamwheedle Cartel), changing to warrior for TBC (if I'd only known then...) specifically because I wanted to tank outside of leveling dungeons. There is absolutely nothing that a druid brings to a raid that another class isn't better for outside of Mark of the Wild and Innervate.

This isn't to say that Druids can't raid, obviously they can. But if we are talking about even gear levels, even skill levels, and pure optimization for 40 man raids - you only bring a druid if you need another Innervate. And honestly, with Mana Spring and Mana Tide totems, I'd probably still pick the shaman.

Battle rez = Warlock is a better option. Sousltone can be used in combat, but is also available for wipe insurance. Unless an extra healer is needed, Warlock is a better pick. Better to have prime dps than a sub-prime healer.

Remove Curse = There are a few fights why its better to have a druid for remove curse than a mage. And the only reason why? It frees the mage up to do damage. A crappily geared mage could do the same thing and free up a better geared mage for damage. Again, unless an extra healer is needed, just bring another mage.

HoTs: Druid HoTs have the deepest impact in PvP. In PvE they are less of an issue. HoTs are good on tanks during stuns or silence phases - but you can only have one of each HoT on you at a time regardless of how many druids are in the raid. Out of 40 people, I'm sure there's room for at least one druid for the few fights where it matters. We need Innervate anyway, right? Yes, HoTs can be decent in raid healing, but I'd still rather take a shaman with Chain Heal.

Better Mana Management: I'm assuming you mean Innervate. As I've said before, this is the main (read only) reason to take a druid over another class.

Battle rez : theres never enough battle resurects. At all, With druid you can choose who will be ressed, thats a big disadvantage of soulstone. And resurection position is advantage over it aswell. cant beat it.

Remove curse: Theres never enough decursers. Naked druid can do it with same situations as mage. Its not situational or gear dependant... but when you realize druids have hots, they jsut fit much better as decurser. In addition, healer druid sure have better position for decurse, cause hes watching primary all peole in the raid, hes healer. Mages are focused much more on target than scouting whats going on in the raid.

Hots: You dont need mention pvp, cause we are talkign about pve, right. So druid is must have cause of the highest rejuv rank on the target, permamently. Aswell its better than shammy on the ranged dps, cause they split much more than melee groups where the will put their focus. Chain heal wont jump far you have to deal with that.

Better mana management : im not talking about innervate. Im talkign about mana management. Why would i rename Innervate to Mana management ? :D lol Anyway, downranked druid spells are strong and cost less mana, so they get oom uncomparable slower than shammy. SO your assuming was wrong and then your main reason to take druid over another class is wrong too.

Summary you have to realize,everything in raid have its place. Imho you looks like you trying to find out some new strategy, but let me tell you, vanilla is out "few" years allready. If you think you can dig out some new Eldorado you can be surprised, theres nothing.:wink:

Battle rez : theres never enough battle resurects. At all, With druid you can choose who will be ressed, thats a big disadvantage of soulstone. And resurection position is advantage over it aswell. cant beat it.

Remove curse: Theres never enough decursers. Naked druid can do it with same situations as mage. Its not situational or gear dependant... but when you realize druids have hots, they jsut fit much better as decurser. In addition, healer druid sure have better position for decurse, cause hes watching primary all peole in the raid, hes healer. Mages are focused much more on target than scouting whats going on in the raid.

Hots: You dont need mention pvp, cause we are talkign about pve, right. So druid is must have cause of the highest rejuv rank on the target, permamently. Aswell its better than shammy on the ranged dps, cause they split much more than melee groups where the will put their focus. Chain heal wont jump far you have to deal with that.

Better mana management : im not talking about innervate. Im talkign about mana management. Why would i rename Innervate to Mana management ? :D lol Anyway, downranked druid spells are strong and cost less mana, so they get oom uncomparable slower than shammy. SO your assuming was wrong and then your main reason to take druid over another class is wrong too.

Summary you have to realize,everything in raid have its place. Imho you looks like you trying to find out some new strategy, but let me tell you, vanilla is out "few" years allready. If you think you can dig out some new Eldorado you can be surprised, theres nothing.:wink:

lol, nah, not trying to find anything new. Druids have their place in raids. They fill a number of useful roles; however, they are best at none of them. Where a pure class can be substituted, they are better for it. Innervate and Mark of the Wild are the only things the druid can offer beyond mediocre performance in a variety of tasks. "Good enough" is the appropriate term.

Like you said, this game isn't new. I have to assume that you also know its always been this way. No, 100% top-level optimization isn't necessary in Vanilla WoW, and druids have a place in even the best raids due to Innervate. But you wouldn't take a character to stand there and do nothing. A druids toolset COMBINED with Innerate is why they are brought.

Since this thread is on whether a Shaman or a Druid is better for 40 man raids, my answer is correct. If I had to pick between two characters with equal gear and equal gear, and the rest of the raid has already been invited and all necessary jobs are accounted for - in this instance I'm looking for buffs, strength of heals, and unique or first-rate advantages - the only way I would pick a druid is if the raid had an abundance of mana-starved casters and priests that would make Innervate worthwhile.

This is not new or innovated. If the druid was brought for his own capabilities, why do you think Innervate is reserved for others - and other healers to boot.

To refresh your memory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxkNOdpYPQ

Top Bottom