• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Dungeon Experience

Xp Rate

• 1x Global

Votes: 82 70.7%
  • 1x World & 2x Dungeon

Votes: 34 29.3%

• Total voters
the people who want 2x dungeon are gonna play here anyway even without that, while there are many who wouldn't play the server simply due to the 'not pure 1x' element. best to do 1x global

I dont understand why so many people want altered experience rates, first few patches of WoW are long gone and all zones(maybe except azshara) have a good amount of quests in them to help people level. takes about 4-9 days of /played which is totally reasonable with casuals hitting 60 in a month and hardcores in a week. normally i level in around 6 days but it'll take longer since i wont be playing horde this time :/

but then again, it all depends on the starting population of the server. if we wont have enough pop for lower level dungeon runs to happen, then i wouldnt mind if such an option was implemented via ingame command. its the same deal as .bg commands for me. i like leveling, but i like it more when i can take a break from questing with dungeons and battlegrounds.

I'm with muff and hagson on this, why alter something we already know it works well and risk repercussions on the server's 'quality of life'?
If they don't leave it as x1 we might see a decrease of player population because it's not 99.9% Blizz-like. We might see increase in dungeon farming, we might see increase in multi-boxing, why risk it? Regardless of what small 'improvements' we can have changed to the xp rate, fiddling with anything that makes it different from what the true vanilla was, will just take it one step farther away from what was WoW classic.

Make sure scripting is working properly and bug free + leave everything how it was + neutral GM's + publicize it properly (emphasizing those first two features as a benefit for playing here) and it's a win.

you don't go into dungeon's for xp but for the gear and only when you got quests in order to make up for the lost xp time
That's not 100% accurate at all, you are speaking from your own experiences, I used to go into dungeons all the time for other reasons other than those.
- I was a discipline priest, leveling as discipline to 60 was boooring, dungeons compensated for this due to chit-chat, friends, socializing and I wanted to be and feel helpful; It's the "I am a healer, you need my expertise" syndrome.
- Even as a rogue, while leveling was smoother than a priest, I still wanted to be part of something and feel useful with my Sap / Vanish / Jumper Cables XL / Blind; It's the "I am Batman, you want me" syndrome.
- Helping friends just because they needed something from there.
- Helping newbies that didn't know how to navigate confusing instances (ST, BRD, UBRS, WC) - I felt useful.
- Because it was a fun instance (SFK rings a bell)
- Actual xp rates because they were higher than world mob rates, doing 2, 3 runs in a row definitely helped my xp bar. Although I'm aware technically it's faster by questing if you're doing it extremely effectively (remember Joana's guide anyone?). Class choice had (and still does in retail) a big impact on how fast you can power-quest through a zone).

I was there for the journey with guildmates (soon to be real life friends), I couldn't care less if I was winning twice the xp with elites.

My point being; everyone's had different experiences with Vanilla, all of them mostly good, some taking it more seriously than others, but good memories overall. It will never ever be the same, but I personally think diverging any single aspect of what it was back then will do more harm than good in the long term.

Being able to publicize this server as 1x xp rate and 99.9% Blizz-like is a big plus for life expectancy.

Last edited:
Vanilla is not vanilla if it's anything else than 1x all the way. Modifying the experience rates will waste the potential of the project.

Why are you guys so obsessed changing rates? You will regret wanting easymode. It will remove that rewarding feel.

Vanilla is not vanilla if it's anything else than 1x all the way. Modifying the experience rates will waste the potential of the project.

Why are you guys so obsessed changing rates? You will regret wanting easymode. It will remove that rewarding feel.

This

QFT. Also, increasing the rates in dungeons is just going to lead to people farming dungeons (we won't see people in the open world at all), and lead to a lot of multi box dungeon farming. I voted for 1x all the way. I think anything else would be a really bad idea.

please just leave this as 1x for everything. Dungeons were for gear, and socializing... not exp. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was even quicker to grind mobs and not do quests in a lot of areas, especially when you got into higher levels.

We shouldnt be doing anything that makes getting to max level easier, that mentality is a big reason the game is in it's current state (and why some of us are looking for that oldschool feel)

Last edited:
Tbh i always enjoyed doing dungeon for get xp , it was fun in 5 and xp wasnt that bad

Just release it so we can finally change discussion from lvling rates and multiboxers to something else like weather forecasts right?

5 mans is less tedious than questing or grinding because you are focused on the instance and not on your xp bar so anything gained is a bonus. The loot is also very useful, the blue gear will last multiple levels.

Now I don't have a lot of experience with higher level dungeons, but I recall from the hundreds of times i've run Deadmines that you easily pull and down 2-3 elite mobs in only a little longer time than you would use to down a single mob by yourself, which would mean that you would get about 150 xp for each fight. So in my experience it could often be faster to do the dungeons than to grind! However I was never the one to really powergrind so that might have something to do with it, that and playing as a warrior.

Feel like crowlock is receiving a lot of hate for asking a question that has been posted several times in different threads. He, and a lot of others, are just trying to give the community what it wants.

with that being said, i think the answer has been found.

well i am kinda getting used to it but those who are after me are always the same so i don't really care for what they say, i just want to ask what needs to be asked when it is discussed enough rather than leaving it in the shadows, the results of this thread are rather interesting tho since it seems that 33% want 2x in dungeon and the reast pure 1x.

the answer is quite clear already as can be seen in the votes, i just hope that the rage displayed here for my question doesn't scare off others from asking or making new unique threads.

well i am kinda getting used to it but those who are after me are always the same so i don't really care for what they say, i just want to ask what needs to be asked when it is discussed enough rather than leaving it in the shadows, the results of this thread are rather interesting tho since it seems that 33% want 2x in dungeon and the reast pure 1x.

the answer is quite clear already as can be seen in the votes, i just hope that the rage displayed here for my question doesn't scare off others from asking or making new unique threads.

rage =/= countering your points and presenting ours.

Well, I would be really pissed off, if it would be 2x experience for dungeons, because that just helps ruining the game. :mellow:

Not a supporter of 2x dungeons, because it would keep people locked up away from world pvp which was always a highlight for me in vanilla.

Certainly agree with this!

rage =/= countering your points and presenting ours.
? it isn't my point i took it out from multiple xp discussions who always seemed to go around this subject so i took it out and made it a poll to get an answer rather than a spread out discussion, so there is no "my point" in this discussion i just wanted to see the actual result of players opinion regarding something spoken of so much and you can see how many participated above so i would consider it a much needed question to be asked :wink:

Top Bottom