• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Dungeon Set 2

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

following the recent successful release of Blackwing Lair, we wanted to give players and guilds who have not yet made the step into end-game raiding an additional bit of content. As such, we will be enabling the Dungeon Set 2 quest chains this Friday, 11th of September 2015. Horde characters start their quest chain at Mokvar in Orgrimmar, while Alliance players have to seek out Deliana in Ironforge. If you are not yet in possession of your full dungeon class set, better get going and give Stratholme, Scholomance & co another visit to pick up those final pieces!

Don’t dread the effort and expenses, the adventure through additional dungeon events and encouters concluding in the fight against mighty Lord Valthatlak is well worth it!

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2015/09/08/dungeon-set-2/

Last edited:
Superb effort, the content progression that you guys are putting out is fantastic.

Well, it was expectable. I am a very casual anyway, so it would be strange for me to complain that raids gonna be too easy now %) So I won't. Good job, Kronos, good luck with farm, players.

Thanks! It was time already :).
When are de gonna hace news abour ZG tho?
Thanks for the good work and keep it up Kronos Staff and Devs!

If you keep release stuff with this speed, we will have Naxxramas out there at Summer 2016 :tongue:.
Let a filthy Casual like me a little bit more time to hit 60

Well, the dungeon set 2 is there to help people catch up in gear to raiders with non raid content.

Am I the only one who dislikes the way Kronos is rushing content out? I mean, it's great that you guys care and put effort in this but isn't there already enough 24/7-farming content out with silithus and argent dawn? This actually just adds more weight on average raider's shoulders. Why not let things settle a bit (so many guilds, especially horde, haven't even killed Nefarian yet) while waiting for ZG and turn attention to e.g. pathing issues?

Besides, the sooner you release everything the sooner the realm "ends".

Noones forcing you to farm T0,5. For an average raider the quest is entirely obsolete. This does not put ANY pressure on you what so ever.

so many guilds, especially horde, haven't even killed Nefarian yet
hehe lel, skillward and blessing of skill say hi. We meet you in PvP, no need to act like you are any better when we can clearly see you are not. thx for the lulz

Am I the only one who dislikes the way Kronos is rushing content out? I mean, it's great that you guys care and put effort in this but isn't there already enough 24/7-farming content out with silithus and argent dawn? This actually just adds more weight on average raider's shoulders. Why not let things settle a bit (so many guilds, especially horde, haven't even killed Nefarian yet) while waiting for ZG and turn attention to e.g. pathing issues?

Besides, the sooner you release everything the sooner the realm "ends".

In my opinion the server needs accessible catch-up mechanisms rather than unecessary gating of content. And I don't really get that 24/7-farming of content, keep in mind this is designed to let new players actually be competitive when they apply for guilds like your own.

And the server doesn't "end" in that sense of the word, it relies on a steady influx of new players creating new guilds, gearing and bragging about how fast they cleared this and that. You make it sound like releasing Naxxramas is a death sentence for Kronos.

i gotta agree with Ermean here, i also find that the content is getting pushed out too fast, especially with stuff that's unnecesssary.

While it's good that there is more stuff for the players to do, more stuff to farm, more stuff to spend time on, but from a perspective of game design, specifically raid design i think it also hurts the realm, or makes the endgame content less relevant because it's not much of a challenge to complete with all the stuff that's available.

Molten Core and BWL already are piss easy because of the fact that we're running around with 1.12 talents and pre-raid gear that's almost tier 2 quality.
And the fact that the Argent Dawn rewards, the Silithus content and now even tier 0.5 is available already, makes it even worse, because in each of these extra pieces of content, there is stuff to get that is currently BestInSlot. And the fact that there is BestInSlot items to get from there, kinda makes it a 'must' for dedicated players to go and get it.
And for the endgame content (highest 40man raid) this is terrible, because you make it even easier and easier to clear.

You should protect your content and make it last, but the way it goes, you're doing the opposite.

And with all the stuff being available already, and ZG probably also knocking on the door pretty soon, Players will get into AQ so overgeared, because surely, Chero will not be able to pull out AQ that fast, and the longer the players keep farming BWL, ZG and all the rest, the more problematic it gets to get AQ to a desirable level where Players are actually put up for a challenge.
The way it goes now and if AQ doesn't get buffed, AQ will also go down into irrelevance so quick, it will be a sad sight.

So i can only plead to the server team in the interest of your server, protect your endgame content and make it last, make it a challenge. Don't make it easier and easier, it only leads to major disappointment in the long run.

Hmm, I am not sure I am happy about this. There are benefits, yes. But please don't rush content like that. It is vanilla and it meant to farm for your stuff and making it worth the effort! Catching up is good but dont simplify things like on retail! Kinda feels like that, ok only a bit.

In my opinion the server needs accessible catch-up mechanisms rather than unecessary gating of content. And I don't really get that 24/7-farming of content, keep in mind this is designed to let new players actually be competitive when they apply for guilds like your own.

catch up mechanic for what? for BWL?
the normal pre-raid BestInSlot items from the 5man dungeons are already enough of a catch-up mechanic. The items with the stats they have now were implemented as a catch-up mechanic after AQ was released on retail, that's what it was intended for and that's where it made sense.
And having these super good pre raid items already, is again more than enough of a catch-up mechanic for the current highend content which is BWL.

the argent dawn items, the silithus content and now the tier 0.5 don't serve as a catch-up mechanic. it's way over the top for the current content. it makes the highend content easier and easier.

i gotta agree with Ermean here, i also find that the content is getting pushed out too fast, especially with stuff that's unnecesssary.

While it's good that there is more stuff for the players to do, more stuff to farm, more stuff to spend time on, but from a perspective of game design, specifically raid design i think it also hurts the realm, or makes the endgame content less relevant because it's not much of a challenge to complete with all the stuff that's available.

Molten Core and BWL already are piss easy because of the fact that we're running around with 1.12 talents and pre-raid gear that's almost tier 2 quality.
And the fact that the Argent Dawn rewards, the Silithus content and now even tier 0.5 is available already, makes it even worse, because in each of these extra pieces of content, there is stuff to get that is currently BestInSlot. And the fact that there is BestInSlot items to get from there, kinda makes it a 'must' for dedicated players to go and get it.
And for the endgame content (highest 40man raid) this is terrible, because you make it even easier and easier to clear.

You should protect your content and make it last, but the way it goes, you're doing the opposite.

And with all the stuff being available already, and ZG probably also knocking on the door pretty soon, Players will get into AQ so overgeared, because surely, Chero will not be able to pull out AQ that fast, and the longer the players keep farming BWL, ZG and all the rest, the more problematic it gets to get AQ to a desirable level where Players are actually put up for a challenge.
The way it goes now and if AQ doesn't get buffed, AQ will also go down into irrelevance so quick, it will be a sad sight.

So i can only plead to the server team in the interest of your server, protect your endgame content and make it last, make it a challenge. Don't make it easier and easier, it only leads to major disappointment in the long run.
BWL piss easy? Lol.

well, 8 out of the 10 'big' raiding guilds have cleaead BWL in the first ID. and the 2 guilds that didn't, probably weren't able to do so because they were missing people. BWL with 30 is indeed not easy, but wiht a full 40 people setup, and a half decent class representation it really isn't much of a challenge.

It could be so much more. and in my opinion it should have been more (of a challenge). The only little challenge was getting enough dispels going on Chromaggus, but a small set-up adjustment already does the trick.

so yeah, i think the numbers showed that BWL was indeed too easy.

'big' raiding guilds
Big fish, small pond.

it really isn't much of a challenge
For alliance? Surely not.

a small set-up adjustment already does the trick
Cause every guild can swap arround several characters every raid.

BWL was indeed too easy
If WoW was hard you wouldn't play it.

You guys act like T0,5 is destroying gear balance entirely or that your precious T1/2 loot gets degraded. Gods forbid that a fresh player has the chance to compete with the elite PvE masters of this realm.

You guys act like T0,5 is destroying gear balance entirely or that your precious T1/2 loot gets degraded. Gods forbid that a fresh player has the chance to compete with the elite PvE masters of this realm.

well, you criticise the lack of reading comprehension of some people in another forum, here i can throw it right at you!

catch up mechanic for what? for BWL?
the normal pre-raid BestInSlot items from the 5man dungeons are already enough of a catch-up mechanic. The items with the stats they have now were implemented as a catch-up mechanic after AQ was released on retail, that's what it was intended for and that's where it made sense.
And having these super good pre raid items already, is again more than enough of a catch-up mechanic for the current highend content which is BWL.

the argent dawn items, the silithus content and now the tier 0.5 don't serve as a catch-up mechanic. it's way over the top for the current content. it makes the highend content easier and easier.

new players can easily catch up, form a guild and clear the highend content (BWL) when they just farm the stuff that was available before Chero released Silithus, Argent Dawn and now T0.5.

You can just stick your *****ic comments up where the sun don't shine brother! It has nothing to do with protecting our gear, it's about getting upcoming content balanced in a way that it is challenging. aka game design

but again... reading comprehension... right?

Last edited:
But D2 gear is shitty for most classes. Why do so many people think it is some kind of a catch up mechanic?

Its good to have it released, alot of new players have started the last month and i want to see them in guilds with this gear asap :)

BWL has a big random factor in it tbh, you can see that on diff guilds, one week they clear it and the next they are stuck on chroma.

Our guild had it really thought but it was more because we only had 34 members (8-9 healers) on chroma as HBK wrote before, still really happy that we managed to get it down ^^

Its good to have it released, alot of new players have started the last month and i want to see them in guilds with this gear asap :)
And a lot of these players won't bother anymore when every time they seem to get close gearwise there seems to be a another farm released way before it should actually come out. Gz dude on 60, now go farm silithus bracers / AD gear / farm your preraid BiS oh and now every instance has boss to easily wipe on without raidgear so gl with that too, p.s. you need to do the t0.5 qline too for the +hit gloves. Also farm all consumables for next raid please. GL HF

That's actually more negative than positive for new players. When t0.5 came out it was because it gave non raiders something to do, items were worse than raiditems that raiders were doing at the time(naxx). Right now though some of these items are better than our current raiditems which means for every serious player looking to raid it's another farm on the list, while the farm itself feels fake in a sense, you joined a vanilla realm but suddenly content starts releasing where it shouldn't. If I just joined a realm after my old realm died (happens too much in the pvt realm scene already) I would personally quit before investing all my time in this when this starts happening.

Last edited:
nice addition, but only very very few ppl will actually do it
and its patch 1.10 content, i dont get it. throwing all that content in, soon there's nothing else but (AQ and) naxx left :mellow:

Top Bottom