• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Dusty Tome's In Dire Maul

Veps

Hey this is a general question to the dev's.

I have been farming Dusty tomes now for around 4 weeks. 20+ tomes per day on average sometimes more.
And 3 times during all the 400 dusty tomes i have opened, There has been a dusty tome that only contains a Pocket Lint and a "invisble unlootable item" and the dusty tome doesnt despawn when i only loot the pocket lint, The blue books are "unique" But you will still see them laying in the tomes but not be able to loot it. So my question is.... Is it the Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying that is inisde these tomes and i just not properly implemented in the game, Or is it working as intended?

I am aware that the drop chance is at around 0.05% but it would be good to know if it actually exists in the game and that all the hours i have spendt and are going to spend farming it wont be wasted.

Regards Vepsen

have never experienced that loot-bug myself (i'm also not farming that thing anyway), but valid question it seems.

in any way, would be awesome if you (chero and dev-team) got it to handle differently with these tomes. having a guaranteed spawn in the library is pretty arse, that makes it easily farmable (could almost call it abuse) for everyone.
so the mega low drop chance for the compendium is justified in my eyes because of that.
But it would be best if you got the spawns pooled (there should be several different spawn locations in each wing of dire maul and 1-2 tomes in each wing should be spawned (randomly). this way it's not abusable anymore (at least for non-stealth classes) and i'd say you can then raise the drop chance of the compendium, 0.05% is really too low! (i know this rather belongs to the bug-tracker, just wanted to join the conversation)

i don't know if anyone got the compendium so far, but i haven't heard of any. so it's been proven empirically that the compedium is dropping too rarely, which is a shame i think.

I'm not sure what the drop chance is supposed to be but it's clearly way too low. I haven't heard of anyone on either side getting one which is kind of unbelievable to me. We have more baron mounts than we have foror's. I don't remember this thing being THAT rare.

I'd be totally ok with the guaranteed library spawn to become random instead if you'd just increase the drop rate. I seem to recall foror's being able to drop from bosses but I could be wrong.. that's not the case on Kronos at the moment.

Last edited:
@Skyrunner the drop rate is suppose to be rly low, But my question is if its rly in the game at all.

Its only suppose to drop from bosses in the TBC patch wich many other private servers are running to make everything easier. 1.12 its suppose to be 0.05% chance from Dusty tomes only, Every other boss can drop the blue books doe. As intended.

Still quite unbelievable that not a singel player has looted it. Not on AH, nothing. Should drop 1 compendium every, what, 2000 tomes looted? We are pushing the probablities if this shit is actually correct....

You cant loot the Blue book in the dusty tome if you alrdy have 1 in your bank or in your bag, But you will still see it appear in the Dusty Tome not lootable.

~1 per 2000 dusty tomes

ifrc on ED server there was Chineese that farmed foror each 2 days

The drop rate is as it should be, But you still can only get 5 tomes per hour.

But my question is and still remains the same.

Because in 415 tomes i have now looted 3 dusty tomes that contain "Pocket lint" and 1 Invisible item, Wich cant be looted and the Dusty Tome doesnt despawn when i loot the pocket lint wich means there is still 1 item within the tome, And if it was a blue book i would be able to see the book itself but not be able to pick it up.

In other words, If Foror is bugged i have then missed out on 3 foror's compendiums

That is why i would like to get a proper confirmation from 1 of the devs about this :/

The drop rate is as it should be,

Except it's not. As I said above, everything I have looked at, everyone I've talked to, everyone except you says it dropped from bosses in vanilla (albeit very very rarely). Where are you pulling this ONLY from tomes and 0.05% from? Why are you so convinced it is correct?

Except it's not. As I said above, everything I have looked at, everyone I've talked to, everyone except you says it dropped from bosses in vanilla (albeit very very rarely). Where are you pulling this ONLY from tomes and 0.05% from? Why are you so convinced it is correct?

It was a late vanilla patch that made it able to drop from bosses, as far as i remember. Right now every boss can drop blue books but not Foror's and thats atleast how i remember it from Vanilla. But Obv i could be wrong

the "invisble unlootable item" is most likely your epic book.

you can stumble upon this bug with many different chests/tombs/tomes and so on.

if you went as a group, and not solo, the invisible unlootable item would be lootable for one of you.

if you went as a group or with a second character, and you being the master looter, you would be able to loot it.

the "invisble unlootable item" is most likely your epic book.

you can stumble upon this bug with many different chests/tombs/tomes and so on.

if you went as a group, and not solo, the invisible unlootable item would be lootable for one of you.

if you went as a group or with a second character, and you being the master looter, you would be able to loot it.

That was my guess aswell, Wich is why i want it to get confirmed by a Dev, And it should be lootable doe while going in there solo since the Blue books are lootable solo, But it must be some kind of bug that makes Foror's Unlootable. Sad part is that even if this uncovers the bug itself i have then alrdy lost 4 foror's by now

Ok lets solve this problem.

Did you turn in the class book of your class? If so the invisible loot is the class book since it is unique.

That was my guess aswell, Wich is why i want it to get confirmed by a Dev, And it should be lootable doe while going in there solo since the Blue books are lootable solo, But it must be some kind of bug that makes Foror's Unlootable. Sad part is that even if this uncovers the bug itself i have then alrdy lost 4 foror's by now

It's not about the item being epic, the invisible item could be any of the ones avilable on the loot table. I just assume it's the epic book that's unlootable.

ANYHOW - It's obvious that the item it's unlootable at the moment. You have obviously farmed in vein, and in doing so pointed out a major bug, thus a reward is in it's placeeeee. I vote for a Foror's.

Kind regards.

A little update here. It seems the book actually does exist due to the fact that http://armory.twinstar.cz/character-sheet.xml?r=Kronos&cn=Proome the lucky son of a gun has gotten it. so atleast that means its actually in the game. To the drop rate how ever is still super low :)i just gotta keep going i guess.

Im currently on about 1200+ dusty tomes looted and still no luck here.
But hey im from <Agony> were bad luck is all we get when it comes to loot :p

i feel ya Vepsen, and i can tell you, Proome was at around the same amount of runs until he got his compendium.

wish you the best of luck to be the next to get it, you've obviously put the work into it aswell.

we don't consider ourselves too lucky either, we might be the only ones out of the "big guilds" that didn't get a single Sulfuron Ingot yet and we're surely the guild with the least amount of MC recipes. The only useful recipe we got so far is the core armor kit. No enchants, no sharpening stone :(

but it feels better getting things the hard way, so keep it going!

we don't consider ourselves too lucky either, we might be the only ones out of the "big guilds" that didn't get a single Sulfuron Ingot yet and we're surely the guild with the least amount of MC recipes. The only useful recipe we got so far is the core armor kit. No enchants, no sharpening stone :(

but it feels better getting things the hard way, so keep it going!

Agony so far:

No enchanting recipe's, no sharpening stones.
No Deathbringers, No Vis'Kaghs, No perditions blades. No Striker's Mark, no girdle. No nothing.

On the positive side we did get _ONE_ QSR and CHT in 7 or 8 full clears. Oh, and we are currently rocking a 6th straight Eskhandar's Collar, so watch out for our 17 stamina and extra dodge! :)

Top Bottom