• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Dynamic spawnrates...

Kraiden

I never read anything about Dynamic spawnrates on this server from staff, but I heard players saying this server has it, yet I don't notice anything. So guess it's not true afterall?

It is true but minimal respawn time is 1 minute so in starting areas where tons of players are waiting for few mobs the effect of this feature is low...

Last edited:
Orix is right, the minimum spawn rate is one minute as it was on retail. When you have hundreds of players camping corpses, it's bound to be like this even with 1 min timers.

Mob density and experience concerns

First of all, can I thank the community here as a whole for making even the small amount of levelling I got done tonight fun and friendly - seen no volatile behaviour like on the N-server world chat, it's been absolutely wonderful to play here so far. Is there a world chat that anyone knows of, by the way? Or is there not one?

The main thing I want to check up on is mob density and experience gains.

Mob density I understand is dynamic, but it seems like it became dynamic earlier on in the day to suit the peak time and hasn't gone down again, even though there are fewer players in the zone now. I am only still in Coldridge Valley, so I can't speak for the outside world, but there are about 20-25 players max there around now and it seems odd that there are so many mobs. What's the situation with this?

Also, is experience meant to be this fast? Getting to level 3 by the end of 3 quests or so feels very different from what I remember, even in TBC when I assume the required exp had been lowered!

Re: Mob density and experience concerns

I have seen spawn times increase as the amount of players has decreased. Where the mobs would take a minute or two to spawn, now seem to take about 5 minutes or possibly a little longer.

Top Bottom