• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Elemental Shaman has had it's code cracked.

Snoipah

Aside from Vaelstrasz, I think I found a way to not only make Elemental Shamans acceptable in raids, but actually pretty good for deepz.

One thing I need to know is mana. Is their mana problems the biggest reason they can't do well in raids? Cause I had a shaman in retail vanilla who topped meters(except for warlocks, because warlocks) and never running out of mana, and was wondering if it will still work now that vanilla has been out long enough for us to crack the code on BiS.

jOC2Std.png

Also dark runs from scholo and perhaps Night Dragon's Breath but i think they all share cd
Plus when i playd retail vanilla there was no elemental shaman.
The gear for elemental shamans started to come in AQ40 but while raiding AQ40 or naxx there still was no spot for elemental shamans

Eazy to find group as ele sham (K1 horde).
I have + mana regen in every piece of gear + sagefish and weapon oil buffs, ZG/MC arent damage race so I dont use max level of lighting bolt and I can keep mana to end of bossfight without potions.
Im not top dps, but totems are imba and when raid have problems, I can start healing with 30/0/21talents.

i ran ele last night for the first time, broke 1k dps on several fights. unfortunately i made several mistakes and my gear isnt maxed out but the potential for high dps is there. next time i get a crack at it, ill do better

Aside from Vaelstrasz, I think I found a way to not only make Elemental Shamans acceptable in raids, but actually pretty good for deepz.

One thing I need to know is mana. Is their mana problems the biggest reason they can't do well in raids? Cause I had a shaman in retail vanilla who topped meters(except for warlocks, because warlocks) and never running out of mana, and was wondering if it will still work now that vanilla has been out long enough for us to crack the code on BiS.

What have you thought up? Another problem is the lack of a NR reducing curse- but between the thunderfury debuff and AQ spellpen gear that can be overcome.

Last edited:
Honestly, my biggest issue is that Ele shaman gets so much crit from the spec, including the 20 put in resto, that a talent for mana regen upon crit that mage has with Master of Elements would be quite nice. Other than that, at least if I remember correctly, that elemental shaman has a similar aggro problem that moonkin do. i.e. doing 70-80% of the damage of a mage and be pulling threat over them. Obviously mage has the threat reduction talents but even then.

You shouldnt need any mana regen as an ele shaman, the only fight I will go oom on in MC/BWL is Nefarian. Even if your guild doesnt have the highest dps, you should be fine with major mana pots and demonic runes if youre just LB spamming. You have to get a feel for your raid and know what fights you can push in some CL and ES. I also rarely see an issue with ele threat, unless I chain lightning too early on a fight like Golemaag. Ideally you would be in a caster group as an ele shaman and be able to drop tranquil air, if threat is still an issue then it is your tank's lack of threat generation.

Top Bottom