• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Elemental Sharpening Stones

Hotslice

Authorized
Hi, I know that in 1.12 Elemental Sharpening Stones that are applied to melee weapons should not affect ranged crit. This was patched out of the game in 1.10. However, on some private servers this is bugged and Elemental Sharpening Stones still work for hunters. Can anyone confirm the behavior on Kronos?

As i understand it did give ranged crit and now it does not. Of course i might be wrong, but i suppose if it were in fact bugged there would be another report of it.
I am pretty sure if it gave crit to ranged attacks every high end hunter would use it. Just ask any good hunter. They can tell you for sure!

Actually the Issue reported was not about ranged weapons at all, so can't say, it was a bit more funny issue :D (on application you got +2% crit, but everytime you unequipped your weapon and re-equipped it, you got -2% crit, make it a few times and you ended up with 0% crit)

Last edited:
How would the application of a sharpening stone to your axe or sword improved your aim?
It does not add ranged crit.

Who knows, maybe knowing that your melee weapon is elementally sharpened makes you feel more confident... to the point that your hand to eye coordination is also enhanced, thus improving your aim.

Or elemental particles that disperse in the air during the process of sharpening and eventually inhaled also magically sharpen your eyesight to the point that marksmanship is improved.

Or the mere handling of an elemental stone makes your grip more firm, benefitting your accuracy.

There's many possible ways when you actually ponder it over. Or... he was simply making sure a common bug on other private servers is fixed here. :shifty:

Top Bottom