• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Emerald Dragons Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
NR gear can be obtained in other ways than the dragons. They just give you NR gear with stats!

Maybe AQ40 will be more "challenging" because of that? Or is it just my rose tinted goggles obscuring the reality it will be cleared in one night on the first day regardless of how much dragon loot you've collected.

And yeah, depends entirely on the war effort.

Emerald Dragons released on the 10th of October, first EU gate opened 30th of January.
That's 112 days of dragons, average ~6 days spawn time, 4 dragons per spawn. That's (112/6*4)=74.67 kills assuming they were killed swiftly, so let's round it down to 70. Most realms did not open the gates on the 30th of Jan however, the middle of February or later was more likely, leading to way more dragons.

Let's compare this to Kronos. Dragons will release on the 14th of February, and War Effort on the 21st. For the fastest realms it took 27 days to get through the War Effort, but Kronos is not as active as those were, so let's increase the time by 50%, that way we're overestimating rather than underestimating. So 7 days between Emerald Dragons and War Effort, followed by 40 days of War Effort gives us 47 days of dragons. The first 14 of those will have 14/6=2.33 dragons, the next 14 (14/6*2)=4.67 dragons, the following 14 (14/6*3)=7 dragons, and the last 5 (5/6*4)=3.33 dragons on average. And this is assuming they get killed the same instant they spawn, so in reality the number will be lower. Thusly Kronos is likely to have approximately 17.33 dragons or less, compared to retails 70+.

The raiding guilds on even the fastest realms of retail will have had approximately four times as many dragons to kill in order to get their NR gear from compared to raiders on Kronos. This will not be a realistic reflection of how it was on retail, and you should consider trying to get a number closer to that of retail, for example by having all 4 dragons spawn right away, instead of the slow incremental spawn system you have suggested. This would increase the number to ~31.33 dragons, or ~28.33 if you only want one to spawn the first time. This would still be less than half of what retail had, but a lot closer to a proper representation.

Of course this is using a boatload of assumptions, estimations and averages, but having the number be approximately four times less than the expected is definitely not within the error margins.

Last edited:
Does it matter how many dragons the server kills? According to recent reports 100% of the dragons will go to 1 guild anyway, so the other guilds get nada no matter how many spawn... :laugh: . Better start farming Maraudon, boys :innocent:.

Did players on retail know about the items that would be required for the War Effort? If they didn't they couldn't prepare for it and would have needed much more time to complete it whereas we instead can prepare.

Besides we have known since the release of Kronos that dragons would require resistance gear, that's a lot of time to gather those items too.

Besides we have known since the release of Kronos that dragons would require resistance gear, that's a lot of time to gather those items too.

Indeed, but most important gear comes from Nightmare Dragons, which weren't available and aren't available right now.

Anyways, War Effort might take a while yes, we shall see how it goes. For me, with stream of low level players hopefully coming to Kronos due to the temporariy XP boost, low level materials will be gathered quickly and the high level ones are easily attainable by level capped players.

Emerald Dragons released on the 10th of October, first EU gate opened 30th of January.
That's 112 days of dragons, average ~6 days spawn time, 4 dragons per spawn. That's (112/6*4)=74.67 kills assuming they were killed swiftly, so let's round it down to 70. Most realms did not open the gates on the 30th of Jan however, the middle of February or later was more likely, leading to way more dragons.

Let's compare this to Kronos. Dragons will release on the 14th of February, and War Effort on the 21st. For the fastest realms it took 27 days to get through the War Effort, but Kronos is not as active as those were, so let's increase the time by 50%, that way we're overestimating rather than underestimating. So 7 days between Emerald Dragons and War Effort, followed by 40 days of War Effort gives us 47 days of dragons. The first 14 of those will have 14/6=2.33 dragons, the next 14 (14/6*2)=4.67 dragons, the following 14 (14/6*3)=7 dragons, and the last 5 (5/6*4)=3.33 dragons on average. And this is assuming they get killed the same instant they spawn, so in reality the number will be lower. Thusly Kronos is likely to have approximately 17.33 dragons or less, compared to retails 70+.

The raiding guilds on even the fastest realms of retail will have had approximately four times as many dragons to kill in order to get their NR gear from compared to raiders on Kronos. This will not be a realistic reflection of how it was on retail, and you should consider trying to get a number closer to that of retail, for example by having all 4 dragons spawn right away, instead of the slow incremental spawn system you have suggested. This would increase the number to ~31.33 dragons, or ~28.33 if you only want one to spawn the first time. This would still be less than half of what retail had, but a lot closer to a proper representation.

Of course this is using a boatload of assumptions, estimations and averages, but having the number be approximately four times less than the expected is definitely not within the error margins.

I would rather see guilds struggling in the AQ40 than to just power their way through it like it was with BWL. Don't get me wrong, as much as I love raiding with VG with all the finesse and flawless execution, I find much more satisfaction in a night full of wipes with 30 unexperienced raiders in <Bohemia> with finally getting our first two kills in BWL. I don't really wanna see 80% of guilds clearing AQ40 on the first (couple of) day(s) and then turning to farm-status. Guilds nowadays don't really need all that NR gear as they did on retail.

One more thing, I am pretty sure, that the number of guilds on retail was higher and we know about VG's success regarding the world boss kills. Ofcourse there were stronger and weaker guilds on retail as well and the guild loot distribution might have been similar to Kronos'. But do you really need more dragons before the release of AQ40? :)

Take care

I would put average spawn time at ~3 days, not ~6. There was always a spawn within 24hrs of weekly server maintenance, and then another at some point during the weekend. World server restarts (which occurred fairly regularly back then) triggered the short respawn timer (12-24hrs), so some weeks (depending on your server) we ended up with 3-4 spawn sets of dragons. We had so many dragons on my server that the top two guilds (Elitist Jerks and Aeternus) had all the loot they needed and were completely done camping them by the time AQ opened.

Factoring in world server restarts, I would say low-end average number of dragons per week was ~10. 16 weeks x 10 dragons per week = 160 dragons (low-end) before opening the gate. Obviously skews the ratio a bit more :O

Last edited:
As we are releasing each dragon one by one, they will have their static spawn location with 7-10 days respawn time.

Once all four are released, they will behave as mentioned in the official patch notes -> respawn all at once with mixed spawn positions.

As we are releasing each dragon one by one, they will have their static spawn location with 7-10 days respawn time.

Once all four are released, they will behave as mentioned in the official patch notes -> respawn all at once with mixed spawn positions.

When 2 or 3 are released, will those 2 or 3 spawn at the same time?

When 2 or 3 are released, will those 2 or 3 spawn at the same time?

Chero said:

Due to a number of factors that currently prevent us from doing this at this time, the answer to your question is unfortunately no. But when all 4 are out, they will all share the same respawn timer and will all spawn at the same time (but random dragon in each location).

We hope that clears it up.

Now that Emeriss has been defeated on Sunday, did his normal respawn timer start the, or is it gonna start together with the other 3 once all 4 of the Nightmare dragons have been released ?

3 posts above...

it all comes down to which Alliance raid logs in faster (and guesses correctly where exactly the dragon will stand; which seems to be changing - first down the ramp, now up the ramp) after the 19:00 restart and tags first. So our "epic" world boss events have come down to who has better PC, better connection and better tag reflexes. I let you guys decide how "epic" and memorable that is.

Staff, if you want Horde to actually have a chance (and Alliance to have something more to do than spam login info and play "tag first") then set the dragons on random respawn timer at 19:00, don't just make them spawn. And release all 4 at once; I know we're halfway through already but this system is really bad, can't you see it?

Quoting this from another thread. Please change the first time spawn system because it's ridiculous at the moment.

"Look at my awesome gaming PC and exact spawn point knowledge from previous edition of Kronos. Look at me always getting the tag. Look at it!!."

Chero please, random timers. This is beyond silly right now.

Nothing to do with previous edition. Knowing where they spawn is so easy, your head will spin after you smacked it against the wall when we tell you after #4, because you couldn't see this ridiculously easy 'trick'.

Sour grapes much?

"Look at my awesome gaming PC and exact spawn point knowledge from previous edition of Kronos. Look at me always getting the tag. Look at it!!."

Chero please, random timers. This is beyond silly right now.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO U SO FEKIN MED BREH!!!!!!!!!

so for the future respawns, u just need to put your warlocks alts all around the map and summon ppl when u see a respawn. gg x7.

I would rather see guilds struggling in the AQ40 than to just power their way through it like it was with BWL. Don't get me wrong, as much as I love raiding with VG with all the finesse and flawless execution, I find much more satisfaction in a night full of wipes with 30 unexperienced raiders in <Bohemia> with finally getting our first two kills in BWL. I don't really wanna see 80% of guilds clearing AQ40 on the first (couple of) day(s) and then turning to farm-status. Guilds nowadays don't really need all that NR gear as they did on retail.

One more thing, I am pretty sure, that the number of guilds on retail was higher and we know about VG's success regarding the world boss kills. Ofcourse there were stronger and weaker guilds on retail as well and the guild loot distribution might have been similar to Kronos'. But do you really need more dragons before the release of AQ40? :)

Take care
Agree with that guy , bwl is cake and a joke for every guild . Every guild can farm it just collecting 30 players regardless of their brain activity, so yeah go bust AQ40! I rather see everyone wiping like pigs on every boss then every random backpedler with Twins or Cthun items. Thats will be good for server , good for pve coz almost everyone play this game for challenge even if u refuse to accept it , when u get full t2 in 2 weeks u are bored and just quit most likely . And it will be good for pvp also , coz aq40 gear gamebreak too much ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom