• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Emerald Dragons Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to post a comment and hopefully make this ''drama'' end.

Enough with the hate towards Synced, Vanguard or any other guild on the server. Synced did nothing wrong and it was a clean kill by them. Well done, congratulations! Yes it sucks that it came down to who could log in first and tag the boss sadly. We are finaly into our third dragon and I dont see the dev's change their system when we are two weeks away from getting the 4th dragon release. What is this

I understand why kronos Dev's decided to release the Emerald Dragons the way they did. They wanted to promote their server to get more players and there is no better way than having a great battle lasting for hours, just to kill a world boss. Sounds great on paper, however. In reality that only happen once and that was when they released Emeriss in Hinterlands. Was not a fan of the '' Dragon X will release in zone Y and time'', It should have been one dragon will spawn at X time in one of the four zones/locations. It would be harder for guilds to camp it right after a server restart. Thats just my opinion tho.
After they realize that their plan failed, ´the dev's should just have gone to the default system which is to release all four dragons at once and let every guild kill whatever boss they can. Sure Vanguard might have an advantage because of the amount of warlocks we have.

Even if Vangaurd & Coral were the ones that got all the kills, we would still be on the forums trying to change the system because it is bad and not blizzlike at all.

Shut the fuck up alrdy mongrel .

Worstworrier, your attitude is really immature and the site GM's should prob mute or not allowing you to post anything on the forums. I dont get what your issue with Vanguard, Coral, Ermean or Asmodeus but this is really childish of you.

Anyways, I would like to apologize to everyone and hopefully we could make this ''drama'' stop.

Regards,
Ned

Last edited:
finally someone with a brain that realized that the only fair way would have been to release them all at once so the smaller guilds had a chance on a dragon aswell and not the login competition nor the 1by1 random which favours nolifers or ppl with most summon alts, which would also lead to no chance for other guilds..

that's what we were asking before the 1st dragon release aswell, because then it would have been fair not only for synced+horizon, vanguard+coral as it was now but for risen, freefall, arcanum, agony etc. too.. the only ones excluded pretty much were the americans, but still way better as it was now

that would also have led to the battles kronos intentionally looked for on some of the dragons at least

however now we can't change it anymore and we have to take it as it comes

#neverdisappointedbyNed

Worstworrier, your attitude is really immature and the site GM's should prob mute or not allowing you to post anything on the forums. I dont get what your issue with Vanguard, Coral, Ermean or Asmodeus but this is really childish of you.
At least he doesn't say he wants to "prison rape" me like a dog like you do. Stay classy.

Regards,
Peasemold

finally someone with a brain that realized that the only fair way would have been to release them all at once so the smaller guilds had a chance on a dragon aswell and not the login competition nor the 1by1 random which favours nolifers or ppl with most summon alts, which would also lead to no chance for other guilds..

Yeah, FINALLY someone!

I think most people in Vanguard also think that it would be better if all dragons spawned at the same time from the start.

I also suggest to not spawn them at a certain day but to simply start the random timer on that day.
-31.January 2016, 19:01

At least he doesn't say he wants to "prison rape" me like a dog like you do. Stay classy.

Regards,
Peasemold
Lmao Ned was salty as hell last night spamming me insults from his coral alt . So yeah i guess he is the most
indicated person to tell me about inmature attitude. There is no reason to bann me for telling the truth bro , other question if that reality dont feat the parallel world where u and entire coral/vg hive are living (that place where u are best but i guess it only exist inside ur damaged brains).

As it was mentioned above. Kronos devs wanted an epic battle. On Emeriss it worked, on Lethon, it was much worse. Now you are in a middle of the release process. Should you cnahge it? No. If it didn't work from the first time, then it may be reasonable. But it worked and so the problem is not in the system, but in the players. Thats it.

Off topic:
you can repeat that as many times as u want, but it still wont be reality.
my definition of blizzlike server is definitly NOT the ablity to have +20 free acounts with + 100 characters on lvl 60. u seriously cannot be that deluted.
this "limited x7 event" is going for a month already, and we still have 2 WEEKS to lvl up our alts.
thats just mad. ill have every race, every class and every faction on lvl 60.
thats blizzlike vanilla?
i cant compare it to my original account on retail where ive had ONE character on max lvl and one alt on lvl 45.
everyone who is lvling alts on x7 will have an incredible advantage over every other player.
i dont want to lvl up alts, but i am forced to do that. everyone must have at least one mage for teleports and water, at least 3 warlocks for summons... ppl will be abusing this system like crazy and u should shape up and start controling this server.
and ppl here are regulary sharing accounts and that should also not be allowed.

so just accept the fact - until you can make IP bans and IP control, you're a fun server.

just look at the silithus farming..
this is how u do a farming on kronos:
log on your warrior.
buff him with your priest, buff him with your druid, buff him with your paladin........
put a healer on follow, and start killing mobs with your warrior.
alt tab now and then to heal your warr.
i am strongly against that.
i cannot put in the words how much im against that kind of gameplay.

He just claims, that Kronos does not fit his definition of "fun server" while you argue it does not fit your definition of "blizzlike". WTF is this reasoning? It's like asking "what day is today?" and replying "9:15".

To the IP thing. Banning IP is not good way to go. I for one share IP with 500 more people. So if one of them gets banned, should I get too? Only because I have bad provider?
Not to mention, that It is easy to get IP changer. Hell, if they allow only one Acc per IP to be loged in, you just run virtueal mashine with multiple IPs, problem solved. And if they allow only one Acc per mac address? Then you do the same with mac address changer.

so just accept the fact - until you can make IP bans and IP control, you're a fun server.

So all free servers are fun servers by this definition right? Even retail servers are fun servers. Because of above reasons.

Last edited:
He just claims, that Kronos does not fit his definition of "fun server" while you argue it does not fit your definition of "blizzlike". WTF is this reasoning? It's like asking "what day is today?" and replying "9:15".

To the IP thing. Banning IP is not good way to go. I for one share IP with 500 more people. So if one of them gets banned, should I get too? Only because I have bad provider?
Not to mention, that It is easy to get IP changer. Hell, if they allow only one Acc per IP to be loged in, you just run virtueal mashine with multiple IPs, problem solved. And if they allow only one Acc per mac address? Then you do the same with mac address changer.

So all free servers are fun servers by this definition right? Even retail servers are fun servers. Because of above reasons.

Oh yea kronos is so blizzlike. i dont really understand why do i have to explain you all the reasons why x7 destroyed the reputation of this server, AND why it will affect it more than you think in a long run.
server is good, but ppl are abusing the rules. we can all pretend this is a blizzlike server, but lets be realistic. if everyone has a mage for portals, why wouldnt they just put a teleporter NPC in every town?
would that be blizzlike vanilla for you?
why bother with x7, lets make instant 60! why 60, lets make instant 225lvl!
if you're alliance, you can lvl up10 horde characters and sign them up for WSG so you can play against them and just afk and easy win every time.

im sorry but i have the right to be angry. this server was promoted as the "best vanilla experience in the universe". i started playing on other vanilla private server, but when i saw kronos, i started playing here because this is THE BEST scrpited vanilla server. i started playing here from the first day, just because i wanted to play on a blizzlike vanilla server. so was that a false advertising, or this is just a /spit in my face and in the face of every other player who started playing here just because it was promoted as the best blizzlike vanilla?

i understand that this is the private server, but DEVS should realize that too. they cant have blizzlike rules on a non-blizzlike server. and thats all what im saying. that means they should create a special rules for this server, or even change game mechanics, why not? just accept the fact this is not a blizzlike server, and start fixing the problems.

if everyone has a mage for portals, why wouldnt they just put a teleporter NPC in every town?
would that be blizzlike vanilla for you?

You are exagerating. Not EVERYONE has a mage for portals, and making one requires a level of effort that most players can't invest, even with the limited x7 exp event. You just talk from your short-sighted point of view.

why bother with x7, lets make instant 60! why 60, lets make instant 225lvl!

That's just hilarious. The x7 exp event is a ONE TIME thing, with the main goal of attracting people to play here.

if you're alliance, you can lvl up10 horde characters and sign them up for WSG so you can play against them and just afk and easy win every time.

GM's are constantly hunting people who try to abuse the PvP system. You paint it like it was very easy, but it is NOT. You won't be able to do this and get away unpunished.

im sorry but i have the right to be angry. this server was promoted as the "best vanilla experience in the universe". i started playing on other vanilla private server, but when i saw kronos, i started playing here because this is THE BEST scrpited vanilla server. i started playing here from the first day, just because i wanted to play on a blizzlike vanilla server. so was that a false advertising, or this is just a /spit in my face and in the face of every other player who started playing here just because it was promoted as the best blizzlike vanilla?

You have the right to be angry, that's your decision (and your health lol). But the definition of the "most advanced vanilla experience in the universe" is still accurate. They don't say anything about being "most blizzlike" or the "server most similar to blizzard back then".

i understand that this is the private server, but DEVS should realize that too. they cant have blizzlike rules on a non-blizzlike server. and thats all what im saying. that means they should create a special rules for this server, or even change game mechanics, why not? just accept the fact this is not a blizzlike server, and start fixing the problems.

And as I said in the previous response, they never promised the "most blizzlike server". Anyway, having a completely blizzlike server is IMPOSSIBLE. You can't recreate how it was back then 100%, that's something that has been discussed many times in the past in this very forum.

The x7 exp event is the best thing they could do, due to the situation the server was before it was done. It was a very needed desperate measue. Population was decreasing, and for your information, WoW servers are made mainly by people. It does not matter if you have
THE BEST scrpited vanilla server
if you don't have players who play in it.

Last edited:
Was it not Nedstark that lied about all his gladiator titles on retail and told everyone he was Gowan?
People talk(complains) about trust here on the forums, how can anyone trust players that abuse the system over and over again (especially Onslaught, Vanguard and Synced?) both in PvP and PvE? Why would anyone even wanna "team up" with these guilds from the start?

Maybe if you all werent so fishy and fucked all the other players over 24/7 with all your exploits that you never report to the dev-team because you want the upperhand and such, people may have been more open to team up for the world bosses?

You make the bed you lie in.

I can understand people trolling on the forums like Peasemold and others(its fun when you guys take it so serious, this make people like us laugh and have fun on the forums), hell even i trolled the fuck out of everyone a while ago but when i read all this salt and complains i get worried, maybe get some other hobbies then WoW or maybe get a haircut and a job? It will definitely take your toughts off WoW and you will be happier IRL(maybe if you had this job irl you could afford an i5 and SSD or even a big RAM DISK to login faster and tag the dragon).

Last edited:
day 3, world boss still not in sight
me and my guild mates are getting impatient
need to restock on cheetos and soda, can't leave computer now
my 4 page long equation chart shows me the chance for the boss to spawn within 2 hours is above 70%
I tab between my 75 summoning alts as fast as humanly possible
Sit in chair for 22h already. About to reach my physical limit
Pizza I ordered earlier finally arrives. Hand pizza boy 1/3 of my daily welfare money and shoo him out
Anxiously check every character I multiboxed to 60 for the boss, nothing
Another 4h pass before it finally begins
BOSS SPAWNS
From the corner of my eye I can see a pack of 20+ warlocks login at the same time
OH SHIT, ITS THEM
Adrenalin level rising, have to do this quickly
Commence multi-summon-lag-macro-spam
Within 10 seconds I manage to summon our ready willing and able 40 man neckbeard army of fully buffed BiS characters
Showtime
tag boss while rest of server is still unaware of its presence
no chance fags, this is our turf
post loot in /world to assert dominance

I tip my fedora irl as I zone back into my windowless man cave
3 more to go this week

day 3, world boss still not in sight
me and my guild mates are getting impatient
need to restock on cheetos and soda, can't leave computer now
my 4 page long equation chart shows me the chance for the boss to spawn within 2 hours is above 70%
I tab between my 75 summoning alts as fast as humanly possible
Sit in chair for 22h already. About to reach my physical limit
Pizza I ordered earlier finally arrives. Hand pizza boy 1/3 of my daily welfare money and shoo him out
Anxiously check every character I multiboxed to 60 for the boss, nothing
Another 4h pass before it finally begins
BOSS SPAWNS
From the corner of my eye I can see a pack of 20+ warlocks login at the same time
OH SHIT, ITS THEM
Adrenalin level rising, have to do this quickly
Commence multi-summon-lag-macro-spam
Within 10 seconds I manage to summon our ready willing and able 40 man neckbeard army of fully buffed BiS characters
Showtime
tag boss while rest of server is still unaware of its presence
no chance fags, this is our turf
post loot in /world to assert dominance

I tip my fedora irl as I zone back into my windowless man cave
3 more to go this week

I would never think i would say this to you but its 10/10!

People talked about IP bans, or allowing only 1 Account per IP, i am pretty sure this isnt doable nowadays. But I just wish it was possible to prevent people from opening more than 1-2 clients. Would that be possible through a 3rd party program? this would hurt me as i am sologrinding with a healer(that i leveled on x7 and will delete after my nozdormu grind is over) on /follow, but i would still wish for this to happen, because at this point preventing people from multiclienting seems to be the ONLY way of having a blizzlike and fair competition.

On the topic read what i wrote in this post above^ , unless that kind of change is made releasing "new world bosses" will just end up with scenarios similar to what Lharts describes and would be even more lame than how it is right now.

edit : On the Tag-Race thing, you may get a tag and still wipe, allowing another ready and willing guild to make a pull in 15 minutes. We all know this wont happen with Ysondre ofc, but it did happen with Emeriss, it happened with Lethon so at the very least releasing bosses this way is a lot more fair then doing it randomly and letting Iphone nerdapp users get a free kill.

Also, severely disappointed that all the "competetive" folks are ignoring how the summoned add bug in Kronos was happening for Taerar as well , and turned the fight into a tank&spank. If that worked it wouldnt have been a simple tag-race, 2 of the 3 backup tanks were unable to connect because of massive crowd in that place.

Last edited:

But this is what we wanted ALL ALONG
[If I were to decide] I would announce the spawn time of the first dragon, have an enormous fight (á la "Valentines Day Massacre") and then have the regular spawn timer for all four dragons start when he dies. This way we get the big world pvp fight that the devs seem to want, and then quickly return to the "correct" system.
Posted 6 weeks ago, before any spawn.

however now we can't change it anymore and we have to take it as it comes

We can still salvage the last spawn.

finally someone with a brain that realized that the only fair way would have been to release them all at once

As we have mentioned before, this is what we wanted to do. However logistics of different things prevented this from happening which is why we were forced to go with the schedule we did. That being said, once all 4 dragons are released, they will all spawn at the same time so there will be plenty of opportunity to go around.

my definition of blizzlike server is definitly NOT the ablity to have +20 free acounts with + 100 characters on lvl 60. u seriously cannot be that deluted.

I am in total agreement, having the ability to have unlimited accounts is not blizzlike in my opinion. But this statement applies to ALL private server, you can do this ability on all private servers so by your definition there are no blizzlike servers.

i cant compare it to my original account on retail where ive had ONE character on max lvl and one alt on lvl 45.
everyone who is lvling alts on x7 will have an incredible advantage over every other player.
i dont want to lvl up alts, but i am forced to do that. everyone must have at least one mage for teleports and water, at least 3 warlocks for summons...

First off, no one is holding a gun to your head and "forcing" you to do anything you do not want you, you have a choice. Having X number of alts doesn't make or break the game. Does it help? yes it can in some aspects, but it's not game breaking. I myself have two 60's, one in each faction. I levelled both of them to 60 prior to the event even coming out as an idea. I have started levelling in my "off time" (what little "off time" I get from my responsibilities here) an alt, but likely won't get it to 60 before the end of the event. Is that the end of the world? no. Does it put me a bit disadvantaged in some areas? yeah probably. Does it put me in an unfair disadvantage? no. Just because Player X has 10 characters including one of every class and multiple factions doesn't mean they are greatly advantaged, there's still a lot of work that has to get done with those characters that were speed levelled, professions still need to be done the long way etc.. It helps having multiple alts, but it's not a game breaker.

Regarding your comments about "need to have a mage for ports/water, need to have a lock for summons... You don't "need" any of those. The game has all the mechanics you actually do "need" to get around. Does it help to get a portal? yes. Can you ask any mage to make one for you so you don't have to level one? sure, there are lots of mages that would do it simply for tips. Is a mage required to get yourself to Darnassus? no, you can easily get there by other means. Same goes with warlocks. You do not "need" warlocks. Are they handy to help summon you to an area? for sure. Do you need to level one to play the game? no, you don't. Sure there are some aspects of the game where Warlocks are a much more needed resource (such as world bosses), but outside of those you can easily make do without any use of warlocks. Arguing against this is just foolish.

ppl here are regulary sharing accounts and that should also not be allowed.

People shared accounts in retail Vanilla as well, How do you think all those rank14 in retail got their titles?
You need to realize one big thing that you left out. Private servers are not Blizzard. No private servers have anywhere near the resources and/or funds to use to obtain the resources to do everything and anything they can to cover every aspect of possible abuse. We are not perfect, we are a relatively small staff and have A LOT that we have to cover given the number of staff that volunteer their time; but we do our best and bust our tails. If that is not good enough for you, there was a post in the news regarding GM recruitment not along ago. You could have simply volunteer'd your time to be a part of the team and help fight what you are complaining. Truth of the matter is, you likely didn't volunteer and submit an app. None of our GM team get paid. I myself put in on average 40 hours a week in this NON PAYING job on top of my real job and my family. While as a team we like to have fun and enjoy helping players, there are aspects of our position that are not fun and putting in ~40hrs a week because X amount of players are exploiting or Y amount of players are buying/selling gold, or Z amount of players are hacking is not my idea of fun. We hired some new GMs to the team, but volunteering ones time is not everyones cup of tea and these GMs are somewhat limited in what they can/can't due for security reasons. But these GMs are putting the effort in to make the server better and that includes assisting the team in every aspect including suggestions and helping us research players who are breaking the rules/abusing the system. So you can be critical about how we as a team do our job and say what "should/shouldn't" be banned, but when you have only so many available resources to go around and not enough to cover every aspect 100% of the time then you have to do your best to cover as much ground as you can.

To your point about IP bans. We do issue IP bans, and rather frequently. However, IP bans are not the end all solution. You can easily get around these by a) VPN networks (also against server rules), and b) Working with your ISP to get an IP changed (yes, it can be done). Why do you think gold farmers are very difficult to nail down? one reason is because they never continuously use the same IPs because they get banned consistently. So even if we had a limit to how many accounts you can create per IP, it can still be easily be exploited and worked around through the use of the many methods to mask your ip.

Here's the bottom line. I get your critical, and we actually do appreciate criticism. Nothing is perfect, and we as sure as heck never claim to be anything near perfection. But a lot of your complaints that you made are facts of life on 99% of the private servers out there. We do the best with what resources we have. If we got paid, we'd likely be able to afford more resources to put towards it. However the donation shop doesn't produce enough donations to cover that possibility, and there's absolutely no way we can or would charge players to play this. Any step towards that would end up with the server being taken down permanently. So next time you want to throw around complaints or make statements that you direct only at us but in reality apply to all private servers, I ask that you please look at the "bigger picture" and do so with an open mind. Every server based on your criteria is a fun server, so your complaints should be directed towards the private server community as a whole rather than using us as your example for criticism. We appreciate all our community and all the feedback (positive and negative), however, not all feedback is always relevant when you don't look at it from both sides of the coin.

Last edited:
About IP bans: Dynamic ip addresses are common, at least in Germany, making ip bans pretty worthless.

Last edited:
People calling RANDOM spawns, at any point, at any guild's (in)convenient time, unfair? Welcome to Kronos forum.

this is all my fault

if i could muster up a pvp team to contest the alliance none of this would be happening

:flush:

Well having multiple accounts can be "gamebreaking" in some sense at least... I can farm up to Maraudon without needing anyone else, that's clearly not the intention of the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom