• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Enable addons

Kendofarfar

Sorry for a newb question here but I can't seem to enable addons. The "AddOns"-button doesn't appear on the character select-screen. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

You might not have working addons in your addon folder (wow->interface->Addons). check that first.

In vanilla you just unzip them into your Addons folder, then you can check if they're enabled in your addon list at the character screen.

After logging it, it totally depends on the addon how it shows up in game. Most addons will give you a minimap button, or commands to use them. However, some vanilla addons give zero instructions and you'll just kinda have to try stuff, or read around in the actual addon files or posts to see if there's anything you're doing wrong.

Thank you for the information, but I think I've failed to relay the real problem.
The "AddOns" button on the character login screen does not show up so I cannot activate any addons at all.
Any idea what makes this button show up/not show up?

Thank you for the information, but I think I've failed to relay the real problem.
The "AddOns" button on the character login screen does not show up so I cannot activate any addons at all.
Any idea what makes this button show up/not show up?
Not installing the addons in the correct folder structure.

Thank you for the help guys. After some google-fu I deleted the interface folder and all the mods, booted wow, closed it and installed the mods in the folder again, now everything works perfectly.
(The mods were in the right directory all along, but I hope this helps someone with the same problem in the future :) )

Top Bottom