• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Enchanting Enchanting as a Commerce

Calinthodd

Hi all,

Do you think enchanting works as a means to earn gold or is it ultimately a drain on the enchanter's finances? Also, when do you think enchanting is profitable, if ever (early game/server launch, mid game leveling, end game)? I'm eager to hear the thoughts of people who have actually leveled enchanting in Vanilla before.

Enchathing is very good for money, after the hunge money sink of levelling and getting the recipe :

1) you can shard a lot of useless stuff
2) If you are online a lot ,with a macro on trade/world channel you can get few gold each day
3) If you get some raid recipe from mc ,you can ask decent amount of money from non guild people

You can make money when you sell popular enchants.
These separate into 2 categories - for looks and for stats.
For looks ppl used to order Unholy weapon, Icy Chill and Fiery Weapon.

For stats people will pay if you manage to get your hands on some rare, but high in demand formulas from drops or reputation grind.
Below i list usually popular in demand recipes, that are NOT sold by vendors or taught by trainers, thus you can charge for it.
I will omit drop recipes from AQ since that won't be avaliable for quite some time.

Chest - 4 stats
Weapon - Crusader, Spell Power (Molten Core drop), Healing Power (Molten Core drop), 15 Agility 1H (Timbermaw), 25 Agility 2H (Timbermaw), 22 Int (Thorium Brotherhood), 20 Spi (Thorium Brotherhood)
Bracer - Healing Power (Argent Down BWL patch), 9 Sta, 9 Str, 9 Spi
Gloves - 7 Str, 7 Agi

You can make money when you sell popular enchants.
These separate into 2 categories - for looks and for stats.
For looks ppl used to order Unholy weapon, Icy Chill and Fiery Weapon.

For stats people will pay if you manage to get your hands on some rare, but high in demand formulas from drops or reputation grind.
Below i list usually popular in demand recipes, that are NOT sold by vendors or taught by trainers, thus you can charge for it.
I will omit drop recipes from AQ since that won't be avaliable for quite some time.

Chest - 4 stats
Weapon - Crusader, Spell Power (Molten Core drop), Healing Power (Molten Core drop), 15 Agility 1H (Timbermaw), 25 Agility 2H (Timbermaw), 22 Int (Thorium Brotherhood), 20 Spi (Thorium Brotherhood)
Bracer - Healing Power (Argent Down BWL patch), 9 Sta, 9 Str, 9 Spi
Gloves - 7 Str, 7 Agi

Awesome, thanks for that response. What about Mongoose? Where does the recipe come from?

Hi all,

Do you think enchanting works as a means to earn gold or is it ultimately a drain on the enchanter's finances? Also, when do you think enchanting is profitable, if ever (early game/server launch, mid game leveling, end game)? I'm eager to hear the thoughts of people who have actually leveled enchanting in Vanilla before.

Leveling is a drain, but if you can get your hands on at least the rare +4 stats, +5 resist all and MC enchants, you'll make bank. Even more with AQ enchants once those arrive, especially the glove ones. Because the realm is new you won't be making it for a while though.

No, most clothies will be going enchanting + tailoring, and mages are the second most popular class (from the poll). Tailoring is worth it for the BoP items and the bloodvine bonus, but a lot of people will have enchanting and IMO it is just a big money sink to train while leveling (disenchanting quest rewards instead of selling them - you won't be able to afford a mount at 40).

Alchemy is better for money unless you actually get the very rare enchanting formulas, which is unlikely.

+15 STR/AGI is must have too! +15 str is from TBH. Agi from timbermaws.

You also can farm librams+BRD coffer for quite expensive enchants and sell em quite close to 100g each.

The +100hp to chest could be best-selling one. Especially if you got mats ready and selling it for gold.

// I was mining/armorsmith... but then switched to enchanter/armorsmith because disenchanting in 5mans. We did alot of 2-3 man runs... sad to see 51+lvl blues go vendor trash... when it can be LBR-ed and spent on summoning Bosses in sithulus.

Last edited:
Farm 25 agi enchant -> money

As in Feral Druids? Because Hunters DW in PvE. +25 Agi is somewhat decent for PvP.

No, most clothies will be going enchanting + tailoring, and mages are the second most popular class (from the poll). Tailoring is worth it for the BoP items and the bloodvine bonus, but a lot of people will have enchanting and IMO it is just a big money sink to train while leveling (disenchanting quest rewards instead of selling them - you won't be able to afford a mount at 40).

Alchemy is better for money unless you actually get the very rare enchanting formulas, which is unlikely.

^ this

Top Bottom