• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Enchanting

jimmy2222

Small bug I've found.

As enchanting requires some sort of "Runed Rod" (highest being Arcanite) to enchant anything. Which type required is specified (well, the weakest/lowest level is anyhow).

Upon trying to enchant +7 agi to boots (requires a runed trusilver rod), it wouldn't let me and gave me the error saying I must have a Runed Trusilver Rod. However these are supposed to be backwards compatible, if that makes any sense. Not a huge issue as we have GM commands ( ^-^ ), however would be frustrating if you happened to scrap your old one while leveling and had to make a new one.

Hope some of that makes sense.

Thanks for the deadly server and solid alternative!!!!

Afaik thats how it should be in vanilla. You need the old Rods still. In TBC each rod got replaced with the next stronger one.

However, there's a visual bug.

When you enchanted an item, it used to pop a green "Item modified" (dont remember the exact terms), so you knew the enchanter did his job.

Now, it stays gray with "Item not modified".

I see people getting scammed with this. [nvm, wont happen since the receiver sees it green]

Last edited:
In Vanilla you required all the old rods to do the needed enchants. It wasn't until mid BC when enchanting got the ability to upgrade the rods and they became backwards compatible. This also brought the need for you to use the previous rod to upgrade to the next. Whereas right now that is not the case because it's before the change.

However, there's a visual bug.

When you enchanted an item, it used to pop a green "Item modified" (dont remember the exact terms), so you knew the enchanter did his job.

Now, it stays gray with "Item not modified".

I see people getting scammed with this.

You mean the one whos receiving an enchant over the trade window does not see if his item was enchanted?

Good news, I asked my friend, he said it was becoming green for him when I enchanted his stuff.
However, it stayed gray for me (enchanter).

I'm not 100% sure on that detail since it's been 10 years, but I really though it would become green for both.

Good news, I asked my friend, he said it was becoming green for him when I enchanted his stuff.
However, it stayed gray for me (enchanter).

I'm not 100% sure on that detail since it's been 10 years, but I really though it would become green for both.

At least for me, it showed green when a friend of mine enchanted my sword, dunno if it showed green to him.

Top Bottom