• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Enhancement Shaman Gearing Question

TeaLobster

Do enhancement shammies fall off in PvP compared to other classes since they don't have an armor set for them beyond high warlord, or are they still pretty strong against tier 2.5/3?

Last edited:
He talking bout PvP ya fool. 2.5 shammy set should be pretty good for enhancer no?

I'm no expert, but it seems to give a lot of stats that are wasted for enhancement (not to mention the 5-piece set bonus), which all takes away from its overall value.

Well, you want mixed gear honestly, in vanilla, big portion of your damage comes from casts, especially shocks. Youre easily kited, in those situation you want to be able to rely on your spell damage.

id advice roll elem, much more damage/assist potential than enha in vanilla pvp. much more mana dependent tho for obvious reasons

Yea I'd also always go ele but some people want that windfury procc crit luck for those occasional 1shots it seems.

properly geared and played enh shaman is as big as a threat as elemental, in the end it comes down to preferrence. You get kited easier, but are less vulnerable to curse of tounges, counterspell and pushback, esp. since Eye of the storm gives you only pushback immunity when you get physically crit.
Most of the people gear and play enh as a pure melee class though, and thats pretty much instant gg against a kiting class...

edit: And yes, t2.5 is a VERY good enh set, no matter the setbonus

Last edited:
id advice roll elem, much more damage/assist potential than enha in vanilla pvp. much more mana dependent tho for obvious reasons

why resto is better than elem. here is competent opinion from one of leading PvP players.

XOtLqyE.jpg

why resto is better than elem. here is competent opinion from one of leading PvP players.

XOtLqyE.jpg

same damage? this guy is using drugs LOL. resto must stack +healing on gear and not spellpower lel. assuming hes going full spelllpower (never seen a single resto doing so) he got endless cast times in LB and CL (have fun 2.5sec cast which become s 3 seconds with COT)

properly geared and played enh shaman is as big as a threat as elemental, in the end it comes down to preferrence. You get kited easier, but are less vulnerable to curse of tounges, counterspell and pushback, esp. since Eye of the storm gives you only pushback immunity when you get physically crit.
Most of the people gear and play enh as a pure melee class though, and thats pretty much instant gg against a kiting class...

edit: And yes, t2.5 is a VERY good enh set, no matter the setbonus

i couldnt agree more

From personal experience I can say that Enhancement shamans are way more annoying then Elemental or Resto shamans.

I play horde btw

I'm still noob to shaman but I'm gonna agree with Grabthar here since so far hes helped me A LOT when it comes to anything shaman related. Just listen to hes words and you'll do fine! :wub:

Forget all that oneshot windfury crap you seen about shaman on YT and you'll be fine. Build hybrid. You'll have ranged damage for when kited, melee damage because WF scales well with your weapons, and selfheals with EotS.

Bloodskull went for 150 spellpower and at least 5k hp, so he focused the rest with that threshhold in mind. Get a shield when facing melee classes.

That's all i can say.

Forget all that oneshot windfury crap you seen about shaman on YT and you'll be fine. Build hybrid. You'll have ranged damage for when kited, melee damage because WF scales well with your weapons, and selfheals with EotS.

Bloodskull went for 150 spellpower and at least 5k hp, so he focused the rest with that threshhold in mind. Get a shield when facing melee classes.

That's all i can say.

try getting 5k hp without aq even being released. eots sucks against any class except hunters. just my 2 cents

That guy's a nub.

try getting 5k hp without aq even being released.

Get at least 4500, then.

eots sucks against any class except hunters. just my 2 cents

True, but for those of us who go Enhancement-Elemental it's very important we have it for when we do run into competent Hunters.

Top Bottom