• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Event Suggestion (For Devs)

Khrey

Authorized
Now, this is not very refined, but the basic idea is to use The Ring of Valor arena in Orgrimmar for pvp battles with extra cool stuffs happening.
So, below I will try to explain how it could work and show some "concept screens" of how it could look.

xd5w4Gv.jpg

-Last Man Standing-

Queueing for "Brawl" should work similar to WSG, AB or AV, but you have less time to respond to the queue pop, and to prepare before the battle starts, you need 2-8 players for brawl to pop.

You can also queue as spectator, but I guess there should be somewhat limited spots to prevent lag.
You can move around but the two doorways are blocked, you can't cast spells (to reduce lag, and to avoid exploits) or attack players.

Brawlers gets teleported into the middle of the arena, they can move around but can't attack anyone (yet), just to get into position and to see what they are up against.
Fighting should work like in the Gurubashi Arena, with the exception that you cant join or be in groups.

Once the fight has started no new players can join the fight even if someone leaves. Disconnected players should still be visable so you can attack them.
Game end when there is a last man standing.

The two gateways in the arena can spawn either a PvP chest (??%) Speed, Heal or Damage or a random mob (??%), a charge stunner, a rooter, disarmer or a silencer, the random mob should be fairly easy to take down.

TZWyS0C.jpg

XaPNmE2.jpg

ucZYrpY.jpg

::Mob abilities::
Loatheb: [1] Fungal Disruption, spawns a mushroom that creates a greenish frost trap effect that affects healing and spellcasting (reduced healing/spell power + increased cast speed). [2] Removes a magical effect.

Ooze: [1] Aoe slime spray that affects melee (reduced damage and increased weapon speed). [2] Some form of slow?

Always Huffer: [1] Charge + knockback. [2] Charge + stun.

Spider thing: [1] Ranged web root. [2] Melee ability where he turns the target into a cocoon.

A big fire totem will spawn/ be dropped into the middle of the arena after ~5 min, everyone (not the spectators) will take (maybe like ~250 (or % of hp)) aoe damage (with a few secound intervals, that can't be resisted)
untill there is a last man standing (to prevent players from hiding in stealth forever or draging the game out by doing nothing at all).

DJcsqZi.jpg

Where do you queue?
Alliance:
(Unnamed) outside Stormwind.

2IipYat.jpg

Horde:
(Unnamed), outside The ring of Law (Org)

IUFjO8P.jpg

Additinal "Brawl" ideas (other than "Last Man Standing"): Team Battle (Mixed factions + random people), Capture The Flag (Mini WSG, 4 v 4 (Mixed factions + random people))

I will gladly help with selecting music, sounds, particles, models and textures.

Also, put an invisible wall on top of the building to prevent nogg users from getting into the arena. (Or just duplicate the arena and put it somewhere else) :tongue:

evmIzxL.jpg

Last edited:
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING IDEA IN UNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Great job Khrey! Amazing details and images you added here!!! Would be great if Chero would take in consideration this idea :yes:

P.S. Again I can't click +1 or cool becouse Google APIs bug...

Thats cool and might work if all get implemented with good balance . But i alrdy smell incoming whine about not blizzlike xD

dis is khreylike :>

First I thought of just having a ffa duel/pvp area there for the horde, probably like something blizzard first thought of (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Valor).

But I couldn't find a similar place for the Alliance, so it would be unfair.

Last edited:
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Valor said:
It was supposed to serve the same purpose as the Gurubashi Arena, except there would be no treasure in the middle. On the old Official site, under one of the guides, it's clearly stated that each faction has a city arena to PvP against the players of the same faction. This feature is still not implemented, so for now, the Ring of Valor doesn't serve any game purpose.

Even if Blizzard never implemented such thing, it was in their plans so we can say this arena thingy would still be Blizzlike :laugh:

Since PvP is fun and can cause almost nothing gamebreaking (if no or almost no honor points involved), it's a nice idea and I have nothing against its unBlizzlikeness. But, tbh, now I prefer dev time to be reserved for bugfixing & raid developing.

Suggestion: the que system should sort players so that they cannot face the same opponent twice within 2 minute's ensuring a minor mixup in the que so you wont be facing the same opponent all the time and if only you and that other player online there will be a 2 min. wait between fights.

True blizzlike players will cry and that is unavoidable since they hardly even know what is blizzlike themself anymore since if the server was 100% blizzlike then ranged classes would be able to Solo dungeons like Dire Maul due to how bad pathing was back then and there would be far more bugs than there is on the server as some bugs first got fixed much much later.

When you see a player crying for 100% blizzlike content you know he either did not try 1.12.1 on retail or forgot/brainwashed through retail.

there is no way to reach 100% blizzlike content as blizzard never released their own database so all private servers have are hunches and guesses and estimations based on loot which could as well be wrong or right due to RNG, there is an ocean of reasons why no private server can ever reach 100% realisticly however the can aim for the atmosphere & feel along with 90% identical

Sounds cool. You really put effort into your idea.
Pretty sure, unless you do it yourself this will not go down :)

Would you be willing create a server for this yourself?

As a light version they could just remove the invisible wall of the arena and make it a duel area or make it kind of a gurubashi arena

Sounds cool. You really put effort into your idea.
Pretty sure, unless you do it yourself this will not go down :)

Would you be willing create a server for this yourself?

I spent a whole week on this :tongue: (have more details tho, but thought I would see how the basic idea would be received first)
And I would not create a whole new server just for this, its just a small little fun (event) thingy.

Last edited:
As a light version they could just remove the invisible wall of the arena and make it a duel area or make it kind of a gurubashi arena
Would be unfair to alliance, but I'd like that. Especially since its so close to the BG masters.

I spent a whole week on this
tongue.gif
(have more details tho, but thought I would see how the basic idea would be received first)
And I would not create a whole new server just for this, its just a small little fun (event) thingy.
Settings that up is not too hard if you don't want to take it public. Some guy from Rebirth was running his own small server for when the real realm was down.

@4L: I'm sure you could so some of those as well, but this suggestion is for pvp ^^.

Also I know a lot of people are against the Loatheb mob, I chose that just because I really liked the model and texture compared to the other Bogbeasts, and it fitted better with the mushroom spell, could of course just rename it to something else, or change the mob completely.

An idea for breaking LoS, was to have a barrel in the middle, that would break (turn into another model) when the totem is dropped, thought it would look cool. :tongue:

Was thinking of having like an invisible model there that breaks LoS, so the barrel and totem will just be there for visuals, that way people wont get stuck when the model changes (If another way of breaking LoS other than the doorways are needed that is).

yE6L6UV.jpg

Top Bottom