• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Experience Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chero. First post here, good luck with the event.

Now that the population is likely to increase and people do care about numbers before making their decision on whether to start playing here or not, would it be possible to add a total amount of online players on the main website?

Now that kronos-census is shut down and considering that /who only shows your own faction, I've noticed that a lot of new players just run a /who as they are used to doing that on Nos (where it shows all players, not just your faction) and are led to believe that there is only a very small amount of people online. Adding that feature to the website is likely to encourage people to roll on this server and right now the /who option is not really doing the server a favour. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Or if making it visible on the website is a chore,then just try to implement the /who for the whole server.Not sure how much work that is involved tho.But definitely would be a nice thing to have.

is the rate command the only one or are there variations like .exprate <#>

good to know when this is starting

i wonder why anyone would lower their rates if they dont want to experience the 1x way. its always faster to lvl to 60 with your rank 5 frostbolt and farm theese gold at 60. u earn money much faster grinding 60 lvl mobs :wacko:

Too bad when I came here from ED and I had to start from scratch there wasn't such bonus experience burst... but now that I think about it, if there was such thing I probably wouldn't even consider playing here. I'm wondering if the glass is half empty...

Too bad when I came here from ED and I had to start from scratch there wasn't such bonus experience burst... but now that I think about it, if there was such thing I probably wouldn't even consider playing here. I'm wondering if the glass is half empty...

Rates are optional, and the population needs a boost.

Having one overpopulated Vanilla server and one underpopulated server isn't good for the community. Exp rate boosts aren't ideal, but something had to be done.

I think this will be good for the whole Vanilla scene as long as people realize it's a necessary compromise and don't take it too negatively.

If you get the message "Such command doesn't exist" it probably is the addon "Fancychat" which causes the problem. Just disable it and reload UI and it should work properly. Thought I should share that info :)

Some chat moderation would be nice (during the event). Many people coming here to trashtalk.

We moderate the best we can. I spent over 8 hours alone staring at two faction chats all day yesterday. 8 hours unpaid ;)
Even GMs need to sleep, but we have logs we review extensively when we're not around. Blacklist forum and IGNORE button are your friend for those instances :)

We moderate the best we can. I spent over 8 hours alone staring at two faction chats all day yesterday. 8 hours unpaid ;)
Even GMs need to sleep, but we have logs we review extensively when we're not around. Blacklist forum and IGNORE button are your friend for those instances :)

Yes, i wasn't trying to be passive agressive. I've mentioned it, because it gives the server bad rep when new players get into world chat. I've personally left world chat, so i couldn't give a kitty's ass :wink: It will probably just be the first few days, and then it'll go back to normal.

I must say, Thank you GM:s. You've done a magnificent job since the event, the shits have been at a minimum. Just a few that have been dealt with quickly :w00t: Awesome work!!!

Hello, new player here. I started a bit earlier tough.
Since the x7 event, my ignore list is already full - so here is my suggestion.

I noticed you couldn't speak in /world until you're lvl5. As we are playing on x7 rates, wouldn't it be beneficial to set it to lvl 20/25 to decrease the need of moderation?

Hello, new player here. I started a bit earlier tough.
Since the x7 event, my ignore list is already full - so here is my suggestion.

I noticed you couldn't speak in /world until you're lvl5. As we are playing on x7 rates, wouldn't it be beneficial to set it to lvl 20/25 to decrease the need of moderation?

Or at least 10-15

i wonder why anyone would lower their rates if they dont want to experience the 1x way. its always faster to lvl to 60 with your rank 5 frostbolt and farm theese gold at 60. u earn money much faster grinding 60 lvl mobs :wacko:

not so! :)
if you know what to put at AH and what to sell to vendors, you can have your spells at a reasonable level at 60.
not all of them are a must... so, if you know what is absolutely essential for your levelling class, will be easy to have enough higher level spells, even with blizzlike gold and loot drop.

but maybe it's only me, because i like to level up my proffs during the levelling. i do not think is so "nice" to grind low level mobs only for mats...
plus, i can craft myself gear, so, i will not so dependent by what i can loot or not...

Welp, chat on Horde side has been... colorful. xD :hammer:

Haha, having a good time though. Got 4 levels in just a couple hours yesterday.

Welp, chat on Horde side has been... colorful. xD :hammer:

Alliance world has made Horde side a tea party. If there was a DKP award for best behaved faction in world chat, Horde would have won it 2 times over.

Alliance world has made Horde side a tea party. If there was a DKP award for best behaved faction in world chat, Horde would have won it 2 times over.

Couldn't help laugh at that, I have a friend on Ally telling me most of the shit coming out their mouths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom