• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Guide Exploration leveling to skip starter zone madness (durotar pov)

mawroxx

Heya guys!

Really looking forward to the launch, will probably be epic.! But.....
The starter zones will probably all be overcrowded as hell, so i started looking for some info online on exploration leveling.
The goal is to get to lvl 3 as quickly as possible (by exploration xp) and then start killing lvl 5-6 mobs outside the starter zones.
This is what i did to get to lvl 3 in about 25-30 minutes, from perspective of an orc/troll:

1. Accept the first quest, finish it in The Den about 5 meters away.
2. Run to the hidden path, towards Ratchet. ( Merchant coast + Ratchet )
3. Run from Ratchet towards the Crossroads, die on purpose about halfway there, spirit res. Grab FP. (Crossroads)
4. Start running north, towards the vine area with all the boars ( Thorn Hill )
5. Go further north, then east at the intersection towards Durotar across the bridge. Just before the bridge is another xp node ( Far Watch )
6. Run towards Razor hill, grabbing the exploration xp from razormane grounds on the way ( Razormane grounds + Razor hill )

Hearthstone in Razor Hill?

7. Run towards Tiragarde, grab xp, die on purpose, spirit res at Razor Hill (Tiragarde Keep)
8. Start running towards Orgrimmar through the ravine, grab the harpy area xp (Razorwind Canyon)
9. When exiting the canyon, run a little to the west. Grab the Thunder Crag node ( Thunder Crag)
10. Run towards Orgrimmar entrance, grab the xp. (Orgrimmar)
11. Run to the Zeppelin, off to Tirisfall Glades now!

durotar.jpg

12. While flying over Tirisfall glades, jump of near Deathknell. This will kill you, spirit res in Deathknell. Apparantly Deathknell has no exploration xp, just tested it on K2.
13. Grab the delivery quest at the gates of Deathknell.
14. Run towards the Solliden farm a little north of where you exit Deathknell, and then towards Agamand Mills ( Solliden Farm + Agamand Mills)
15. Run back south towards the road to Brill, grab the Nightmare Vale node. (Nightmare Vale )
16. Start running towards Brill, grab the stillwater pond and Coldhearth Manor nodes on the way ( Stillwater Pond + Coldhearth Manor)
17. In Brill, hand in the delivery from Deathknell. (Brill)
18. Start running north out of Brill, towards Garren's Haunt (Garren's Haunt )
19. Run east, towards Brightwater Lake. Die on purpose, spirit res in Brill (Brightwater Lake)
20. Run towards the Undercity, make sure you run all the way up the hill to the gate. (Ruins of Lordaeron + Undercity)
21. Run back to the road, start heading east. Grab the node just north of the road at (Balnir Farmstead )
22. Keep running further towards the Bulwark, grab that node too. I was already level 3 here, but it was close enough.

Hearthstone

At this point I was level three and able to kill level 5 mobs. I hope that This will be enough to be a little ahead of the tsunami of players that will be running around.
Tips for improvement are appreciated.

See you the 31st!

tg.jpg

this is genious. Might even be worthwhile to take it further since questing will be out of the question. Just getting flight paths and what not

Yeah! It would be nice to find all the quests low levels can accept that dont involve killing stuff/ looting objects.

Now people will be following this guide. The OP will have ALL the quests to himself. Genius....

You forgot to grab flightpath in ratchet and undercity. Since you are already there i would also get: camp taurajo, sepulcher, tarren mill and maybe even ashenvale flight path.

Edit for another idea. I will also get the thunderbluff flight path as well as the delivery quest to bloodhoof. If it is way too crowded i might even get further flightpaths. Maybe down to tanaris. I think i will try later today how far i can push this idea.

Last edited:
on nighthaven release i went as NE for exploring exp, u can get lvl 6 in 50mins easily, dont remember the proper path from charanos but u simply do a usual teldrassil run with 2 deliveries as i remember, auberdin-menethil, swim n die north of IF, run to IF from Coldridge Valley with also 1-2 deliveries, train to SW, 1 quest in SW i think and a bit of runs in human area near storm, when u TP to Dolanaar u have 6lvl or 5 lvl 90% till 6. but i kinda tested it 3-4 times before launch to do everything ideal so i didnt waste a single minute

Okay so did some practice with this. Basically you gonna die alot, but dying and releasing at graveyard cause no penalty other than durability loss. So:
1. Unequip your weapon. When you are going to need it for questing later, it's nice to have.
2. You're gonna pull tons of mobs. So no matter how annoying it may be, instead of trying to run past/inbetween 2 mobs hoping they wont aggro, it will be smarter just to run straight into one of them and outrun that single mob.
3. If you die in grom'gol you get ported to top of STV, which is an easy explore, and nearby areas to explore aswell, including elwynn and westfall which are nice areas exploration wise (low mob density), but make sure that's the last area and your hearthstone is up, 'cos there's no easy way back. Not that you would have the money for flying anyway, unless step 5.
4. Flight Paths ofc
5. Check houses or known location for treasure chests/food/water barrels for that vendor cash. A few silver goes more than a long way to help you get started when you need to quest.
6. MetaMap addon. Makes it a lot easier.

Top Bottom