• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Faction change

Ghostly

On a well known another vanilla server, there's a faction change servicee available for donation.
Such a mechanic has no place in Vanilla WoW, it is harmful to the server community, as everybody who has some free money to spare can hop back and forth between factions as he wants. Making his former friends his enemies and the other way around. In case of faction imbalance (one faction having more premades and winning in BG's more often than the other, for example), it makes things even worse.

Faction change is a disgusting thing, basically. What I'd like to know is if there are any plans to implement it as a donation reward here, on Kronos.
Cause if it's so, I'd really ask you to reconsider.
It's horrible.

Someone please confirm this, but isn't there a 3 months cooldown on all twinstar functions like name change etc?

Imo faction change would be interesting ONLY in case of a huge imbalance between both factions.

Imo faction change would be interesting ONLY in case of a huge imbalance between both factions.

Yeah, but that is thankfully not gonna be an issue :) - various forum polls all leads in a slight favour for Alliance (52-53%), but I agree.

Faction/Race change will be possible. It's still being developed and it's more likely that it won't be available from the beginning.

People with access to the closed beta server might check it out via ingame command (.modify race).

Paladins and Shamans will have no option to switch factions.

This service will require Twinstar Stars, as well as other simillar services like name change, etc.

Twinstar Stars is currency on all realms of the Twinstar Project and can be obtained by donating or as a reward from special events.

As long as you can't spam use those functions its okay imo. Could help on balancing issues. Especially for PvPers.

As long as you can't spam use those functions its okay imo. Could help on balancing issues. Especially for PvPers.

It could also worsen balancing issues as people would jump ship to the "winning side" - as seen on previous servers.

Well, I´m not that friend of faction/race/name Change. There are many servers with gbank robbers, ninja looter and so on -> They can do it ONCE! with the same char. If you are able to change your identity nobody will know that you are the one who did that things.

Faction/Race change will be possible

I seriously, seriously hope that you will reconsider this. Okay, race change isn't really that harmful, some people that want to min/max in dps or tanking will find it very useful, orc warriors rolling tauren because of superior tanking racial, for example. I don't really like it, but it doesn't harm the community and brings server money - pros outweigh cons.

But the faction change, its entirely different. As I've mentioned in OP, in case of faction disbalance, which is almost guaranteed to occur, it only makes the issue worse. Example: Alliance top pve guild is more tryhard (read: better) than Horde top pve guild. Many hardcore raiders from Horde transfer to Alliance. Result: Horde is now even less likely to get any of the server firsts in upcoming content, because it has less skilled and geared people. Faction balance is compromised.
Or if we take pvp as example: one faction has more geared and active people in premades than the other one. If people want to get r14, which faction has better conditions for them? Riiiight.

So basically, allowing people to change factions is a bad idea. Sure, it's a pricey service, but many will still do it, possibly more than one time even. On ED I know a guy who paid for faction/race change 4 times - including hopping from Horde to Allaince and back. I'll tell you what, that's just not okay.

i get the feeling this subject just like multiboxing is going to be much ado about nothing.

Just to mention - When you not allow faction change, what will prevent people from trading characters? When you want to swithch faction, you will allways find a way.

please understand, faction and race changes would really turn alot of people off from this server, and not just the lower common denominator either
I would personally sacrifice 50 levels on a prot-only warrior to make this not be possible, and I mean it
I really shouldn't have to explain why, but its just as bad as giving people one piece of 48-60 <ilvl70 epic gear per account as a donator reward... well actually thats like comparing apples and oranges nvm

but still, depending on what they want to do, it can be viewed as giving them a permanent benefit

wouldn't it be unsurprising if there was a guy who got a race change twice a week?
he'd be rich and he'd be a horde warrior who racechanges to orc and respecs arms for pvp and 5 mans, and for raids he race changes to tauren and respecs prot

or what if there was a rogue who racechanged to undead for pvp, and then racechanged to orc or troll for raids because of the dps racial

or what if there was a priest who racechanged and/or faction changed for any reason at all, gaining a different racial priest spell?

or what if there was a horde hunter who went troll for pve, and went orc for pvp?

theres probably other reasons for a minmaxer with money to racechange, and theres more people than you think that won't like this to the point of not picking up old wow after 8-11 years

please Chero, do not bow down to the dollar(unless you don't get any from it), and don't enable race/faction changes... at least on Kronos anyway

wouldn't it be unsurprising if there was a guy who got a race change twice a week?
he'd be rich and he'd be a horde warrior who racechanges to orc and respecs arms for pvp and 5 mans, and for raids he race changes to tauren and respecs prot

or what if there was a rogue who racechanged to undead for pvp, and then racechanged to orc or troll for raids because of the dps racial

or what if there was a priest who racechanged and/or faction changed for any reason at all, gaining a different racial priest spell?

or what if there was a horde hunter who went troll for pve, and went orc for pvp?

theres probably other reasons for a minmaxer with money to racechange, and theres more people than you think that won't like this to the point of not picking up old wow after 8-11 years
facepalm.png

So what? There wil already be countless tauren warriors, what the hell does it matter that ther will be one more? I could understand not liking it for faction balance reasons, but this is just silly. Not to mention that anyone willing to spend enough money to have such an insignificant advantage absolutely deserves to have their money taken from them :D

If there will be, for example, troll rogue changing race to undead for pvp and back to torll for pve, you must consider, that race change costs ~8 euro, faction change ~13 euro. With this behavior, he will realy quickly run out of money.

Furthermore. All these features were added later because major part of community wanted it.

This way server can pay their expenses without having to sell gear, I don't mind race/faction change.

Last edited:
Lets be honest. Really good machines (which TwinStar has) cost a shit load of money.
They have to introduce at least something to get income. Something that players are actually interested in. No gear selling of course.

Happens a lot of times that you make friends on the opposite faction. Or maybe realize someone you know plays on the other side. Gives players the chance to switch over to their friends side.

For me, if BG Q times were dramatically different, I would switch to the side with lower Q time just for balancing. How is that in any way bad?

Last edited:
I don't see how race change would be a problem, faction change maybe, but I don't think it will be that much of a problem. All the horde could faction change to alliance and we'll still win.

For The Horde!

Faction change is the first bad decision this server has made.

If people can, they WILL change to the "winning faction" which creates a greater imbalance.

Race change isn't as bad but can still be used for an advantage. If I want to grind rep I could change to human for 10% bonus, get the rep I need then change back to dwarf for raiding. That gives me an advantage over someone who doesn't pay money. Perhaps this could be tempered by putting a big cooldown on the service.

Also, faction change wasn't in vanilla, it started in 2009. Players faction hopping is a step away from true vanilla.

Top Bottom