• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Faction change

If people can, they WILL change to the "winning faction" which creates a greater imbalance.

This is simply not true, especially concerning PVP, as queue times would dramatically increase for the "Winning" Faction and the resulting imbalance would resolve itself. Switching Faction because the Top Raiding Guild is on the opposite Faction might happen in single cases, but there are only so many raiding spots in any given guild which makes me believe this is not going to have a noticeable effect.

Still has not been said how often you could use this service. More likely it will be limited to 1 or 2 changes per character.

You are talking like everybody will change faction at least twice per day...

Of course I know about all of the possible abuses and issues. Still, it won't be avaiable for a quite big time.

I'm not getting your disappointment.
I would like to give our players a chance, to change race or faction at least once for any reason, let it be friends, or wanna-pvp-more-so-I-go-to-the-weak-ones. No faction-hopping will be possible.

Last edited:
As long as its kept under control i don't see the issue, feels a little alien in vanilla but if its kept in check like the level 60 character trading it shouldn't be a problem.

More likely it will be limited to 1 or 2 changes per character.

Well, heavy limitations do make things much better. One would think twice before leaving his faction behind, if he would know that he could never, ever come back.

Also, I'm kinda curious how much will this service cost when it gets implemented. Is it really going to be as cheap as 8-13 euro? Not going to be praising peenix here, but their 60 euros seem like a reasonable price for transferring one's character into another faction, considering how much effort is put into leveling/gearing the character, especially on x1 realm.

Why would it have to be cheap? Blizzard charges half cause it takes them 2 seconds to do it since it's fully automatic and on top of that they receive monthly suscription fees. They have plenty of income.
A high price also reduces the amount of people that have a budget for it, this can put the people at ease that fear this will lead to inbalance issues.

From that beloved other project:
Prices for donations vary depending on the type. For example, a simply race change which didn't include any reputation or skills cost 30 euros. All you got for that was your race changed and your gear moved.

The complete package, which includes transfer of all items, currencies, skills, mounts, pets ect cost 150 euros, which is quite absurd considering that, although it was done manually (by me), I could do it in around 15 minutes.
source: http://feenixservers.neocities.org/claudian-notes-backup.html

Last edited:
A high price also reduces the amount of people that have a budget for it, this can put the people at ease that fear this will lead to inbalance issues.

Exactly. A high price reduces the amount of people that would use it and what is the point of providing a service that people don't use? But thanks for reminding me it's not supported by the vanilla client so it's not automatic. I've only ever edited my characters on datadisks so I forgot about that. :blushing:

I think, that if chero wants to add this feature, that he will figure out system, that will be automatic. It is not impossible.

The service will be of course automatized, and anyone can order it in account manager.
The whole process will look like the following:

You order the service, if you are ingame, you will get disconnected. You can immediately log back.

If you change only race but your faction remains the same, you will notice only that your race was changed.
If you change faction, you will be removed from your guild, your friend list will be deleted, and teleported to Orgrimmar or Stormwind Inn [depending on the faction]. You will retain all your gear, money, bank, skills, basically everything.

What will be replaced:
- Mounts [due to race/faction limits]
- Racial Spells
- Class-based racial spells
- Quests rewards [items that you should get when completing the same quest on the other side. If such a quest isn't available, those quest rewards will be deleted]
- All unavailable items for your new race/faction will be replaced by a dummy item, which could be sold for one copper or so..

There are of course more things to replace/change when switching race/faction.
I'm just telling you that in the future I want to implement such a service, it should be fully automated and safe.

Yet I got a raw implementation that has not covered all the things mentioned here, so it will be a long journey.
Currently, I'm NOT working on this feature since it does not bring our release date closer :)

I can imagine that you know such a service from other servers, like manually "transferring" gear and professions to another character. This won't be that case. All of the race/faction changes will be tracked and the only person required to do such a change will be the player, only, and only...

As suggestion for this service from another server I used to play on.
Character style is a huge deal for some players (for me too). Having an automated switch will just changed the race, but the chosen style option stay the same.
In this case my new (changed) character might look like shit. Which I obviously don't want.

So, what they did was the following:
You had to create a new character (level 1) with the appropriate race you wanted to switch to.
The style from this level 1 character was used for the new one.

This way you can make sure your race changed character looks exactly the way you want it to.

Last edited:
hmm so your character looks are random? that's a gamble, some can be very ugly (like female dwarfs).

I guess it shouldn't be a problem to automatically copy the looks of a level 1 like Lharts mentioned. Just ask for the name during the automatic process.

Top Bottom